The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Request] Make the NPC walking path accessible both outside and inside.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
[Request] Make the NPC walking path accessible both outside and inside.

NPC can't cross the door to the outside of the house.(Or unable coming from outside)
I don't want to leave my companion under the rainy sky, so I can't let my companion walk
outside of my house.(yard or balcony)

Moreover, I want some acting animation for the companion.
(Cooking, Crafting, Sleeping on the bed, Sitting on the chair, etc)
Just like the Fallout4 settlement building.

Well...Ember will not sleep at the night anyway. She keep stealing some
expensive trinket from my house...

E: "This is good opportunity for training my skill..."
Me: "What did you say?"
E: "No...nothing."
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can.

All you have to do is do some magic with the path nodes.

Start with placing them outside(or inside, doesn't matter). Pathing them to your desire there and up to a door or wherever you want them to go out/in. Place a node past the door/whatever so they will go through it then add an extra node, where doesn't matter and finish.
    Then go inside, open retrieve and get that last node you added and place it at the suiting "going out/in" spot, set the speed to sprint, and voilà, you can now continue the pathing indoors/outdoors!

This works because interior in a house is in the same instance as the outside. It's just some meters below in the ground. You can easy see this when in a group going by the markers when some members are inside while others are outside.

Edit: Added some pictures to show it, cause visuals always helps:
    Here we are, Acolyte Deras is outside Autumn's Gate, and I've placed nodes up to the door I want him to go through. I'm placing one node just past the door so he will go straight through. You can do this nicer looking by having them pause for a second or so outside the door or such.
    wBy8NBT.png

Placing an extra node after that and placing it wherever. You can see the connection to the node past the door. Here we finish the pathing for now.
    DcHMgEm.png

We go inside, open the housing editor again, go to retrieve and grab that extra node with Modify.
    PjNmYrG.png

Here you see the node coming down from the outside, which is meters above us.
    ZV1VLHu.png

Before placing it in a proper spot, we are setting the speed on sprint so the houseguest will travel the meters between the above outside, and the interior far below as fast as possible. Having the nodes before and after this one that makes them go through the doors go faster is good as well, so it's less hang time.
    yASwEwf.png

Placing it outside the interior door so his speed running between doors is hidden. Keeping in mind he will not clip through the ceiling in this house.
    7gR4m9d.png

And tada. Continueing pathing.
    Fvvc2Ar.png
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 3, 2022 5:14PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can.

All you have to do is do some magic with the path nodes...

You're genius!

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's AMAZING, wow, thank you for this!
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC