The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Request]: In House herb farming kit

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
[Request]: In House herb farming kit
kvkhm55v_o.jpg
I want this for my housing work. Not just decoration, actual herb farming kit.
Build it like "clock work city style" gadget. Add some auto hydration motor pump
with glass tube tank which contain liquid nutrition, and some artificial sun light at the
top of gadget.  

Steam punk appearance will be good. Not kind of too much futuristic SF design.
Need some slider cylinder crank animation, and water spray effect for auto hydration system.
6FBx8Rzt_o.jpg
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I think the balance between functionality and just looks keeps these out. The more you can do in your home (farm, mine, fish, grab & turn in dailies, bank, buy, sell, repair, etc) the less people "go out" into the world and things start to feel empty.

I've played games that had these sorts of things and I'd wasn't long before the central "hubs" started feeling very lifeless and the world outside was barren of players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an solo RPG player so I'd enjoy being able to do some of this stuff, but i see the reasons behind not allowing some things.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the balance between functionality and just looks keeps these out. The more you can do in your home (farm, mine, fish, grab & turn in dailies, bank, buy, sell, repair, etc) the less people "go out" into the world and things start to feel empty.

I've played games that had these sorts of things and I'd wasn't long before the central "hubs" started feeling very lifeless and the world outside was barren of players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an solo RPG player so I'd enjoy being able to do some of this stuff, but i see the reasons behind not allowing some things.

My house has lots of details now. So when I go out the world from my tiny house,
    then I start to feel emptiness of the environment design of the world. Sounds like "shallow"
    impression now. Well, it's time to stop housing contents. Maybe I'm too much involved in
    those things.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with these sorts of additions is it keeps people in their housing instances instead of out in the world.

It works fine for single player games but in a MMORPG you want a world that feels populated and alive instead of people in their own individual housing instances.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its doable if they came with restrictions, like you can only grow 5 items at a time, they all have a limit of 2 plants of a kind max, and the time it takes to grow the crop depends on if its from Nirn or some Oblivion realm (time works different in other realms/ things grow bc the prince wills it to). The time it takes can range from a couple of days, to maybe 10ish days. That way it becomes more of a chore and less of a "pay to win" thing to keep up if you were to say trying to dominate the market somehow in only plants/mushrooms for alchemy pots/poisons.

Similar thing could be done for fishing. They could add fishing holes to houses with able bodies of water, but make it so that none of the fish have perfect roe, but sometimes you can fish up small packs of gold, or crafting mats.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC