The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Odd screen effect

baltic1284
baltic1284
✭✭✭
I am curious does anyone know how to get rid of the screen effect that is on the sides of the screen top that looks like a smoke

3k9t0w9bj45r.png
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 4, 2022 6:59PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Explain more because I don't see anything
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything on the sides and all I see on the top are clouds.
    PCNA
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    ok here is what i am talking about

97azhnkb417x.png
    Look at where the red arrows are pointing at cant make it any bigger
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess most people just haven't noticed it, but that framing effect has always been part of ESO. It's just a visual stylization of the game.

• rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iweqk6k6swqo.png
    Easier to see in this example.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    ahhhh ok thought there was an option to turn it off guess not been playing since beta and never noticed it till now lol
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baltic1284 wrote: »
    ahhhh ok thought there was an option to turn it off guess not been playing since beta and never noticed it till now lol

There might be an option to turn it off, I've never tried though - haha, to be fair, most of the time it's hard to notice at all, only during certain lighting conditions will it standout, and even then, only if you're really looking for it.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post