Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

If the position of Emperor had more benefits to it, would your participation in PvP change?

brylars
brylars
✭✭✭
If the position of Emperor had added benefits that were enjoyed exclusively by the winner for a limited time, would you want to participate more in PvP? Some ideas of extra benefits could be:

The ability to control the weather non-pvp server wide.
The ability to announce things in chat non-pvp server wide.
A small tax (maybe 1%) on every purchase made in the player marketplace.
The ability to give a buff to other players (Emperor's Blessing)
so forth and so on.

Perhaps have a final battle among the top three players for the title.

Just ideas. What do you think?
Edited by brylars on December 7, 2022 2:45AM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of vanity it can revive the interest until players lose it. The same with the new sets, hammer etc. Still better to open new doors than leave them unopened.
    Edited by Minnesinger on December 4, 2022 8:25AM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think getting emperor requires too much time and there isn't much incentive you can provide for casual-ish players to try for it. Every campaign, "dead" or not, has at least 10 hardcore perma-pvpers on each faction and nobody else is going to pass the regulars on the leaderboards, try as they might.

Maybe if they made it so you could only have emp once per campaign then it'd be worth it.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emp is at best irrelevant and at worst toxic. So many zone chats turned into dumpster fires over idiotic "scrolls vs emp" arguments that then turned into month-long faction civil wars between certain hardcore groups and casual faction objective players. Players who know they'll never get emp just feel bad about it. What's the point?

Those U36 emp HP nerfs were hilariously useless, any recent emp complaints were likely the result of one particular emp a few months back who liked to play the empty NA night hours with a hardcore smallscale group. Lots of seal clubbing ensued, no silly home keep HP nerfs are going to stop that from happening again.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would not. I’d love to get emperor one day but I’ve heard it requires days straight of grinding and I’m not doing that. What’d get me involved in Cyro again is probably:
    Midyear Mayhem + PvPers being happy again
    I love Cyrodiil but I haven’t pvped there in like… over a year.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really, no. I like Cyrodiil PvP, but there is only so much fun I can handle at once. The time and effort required to have a chance of getting Emperor just aren’t worth it.

The thing that would get me in Cyrodiil more regularly would be an improvement on AP and rank progress outside of Whitestrake’s Mayhem, so sieges and major skirmishes are more rewarding year round.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always said that whoever is emperor in the main campaign should get statues placed all over the continent of them as well as their username on banners across Tamriel.

@DirtyDeeds765
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been playing since 2015 and the first bunch of years were cyrodil pvp, loved it, as for emp and what was required to get it? Nah never been important to me and not worth the time thanks
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    brylars wrote: »
    If the position of Emperor had added benefits that were enjoyed exclusively by the winner for a limited time, would you want to participate more in PvP? Some ideas of extra benefits could be:

The ability to control the weather non-pvp server wide.
    The ability to announce things in chat non-pvp server wide.
    A small tax (maybe 1%) on every purchase made in the player marketplace.
    The ability to give a buff to other players (Emperor's Blessing)
    so forth and so on.

Perhaps have a final battle among the top three players for the title.

Just ideas. What do you think?

There are people in this game community that boost AP constantly with no recourse, and I’ve even heard of them holding it hostage and not stopping unless they’re paid millions in gold. It’s often a toxic soap opera at those top spots, and not the sort of people that I’d say we should give any more rewards to. It’d only encourage them.
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super agree with Caper. It's almost like... We know some of the same people. Lol.