The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is this little star that has just appeared over my character?

stewg73
stewg73
✭✭
Just came out of a trial and now have a star over my head which I have never seen before. It's not a buff as far as I can see. Any ideas?
ohgn5jahxgyu.png
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a target marker. I had some of them placed over my head (stars, skulls,...) since the system got introduced with U36. No idea how they got there, as I have customized my keyboard layout and no key is bound to mark a target.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • stewg73
    stewg73
    ✭✭
    thanks! just searched "target marker"and got the answer. I must have placed it on myself by mistake! hold the tab key down and the whole gamut of markers appear in a quickslot type wheel. I selected the star from the wheel and voila! It's gone :)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stewg73 wrote: »
    thanks! just searched "target marker"and got the answer. I must have placed it on myself by mistake! hold the tab key down and the whole gamut of markers appear in a quickslot type wheel. I selected the star from the wheel and voila! It's gone :)

Oh so that's how you get rid of it? I figured out how to add them to people last week on vents lol but couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stewg73 wrote: »

Oh so that's how you get rid of it? I figured out how to add them to people last week on vents lol but couldn't figure out how to get rid of them.

to add/remove the markers from yourself, open the target marker wheel while you have nothing "targeted" by your reticle
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014