The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malevolent Offering

SillyGT
SillyGT
✭✭✭✭
I understand that every class should have a strong heal. But this class had good survivability already and this heal is a little over the top. Just bringing it line with the other class would make it more balanced. It is really difficult to fighting nightblades that can have a consistent 15k burst heal on demand. I'm aware of other classes reaching these numbers but they are meet with requirements. Such as coagulanting blood on the dragonknights you need to have lower heal for a bigger heal. Just dialing the heal back so it is not just spammed and can be used strategically. Nightblade's identity is at risk with this heal being in the game for a stealthy class that should be easy to kill (that is their trade off high damage and then being squishy) now it is just high damage high surivability and it's difficult to beat just overall. Just a slight nerf would be sufficient and healthy for the game and the class moving forward.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic 'nerf NB' [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 13, 2022 5:10PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are pretty strong right now. I think its a fair suggestion that maybe the burst heal should be a little less or cost a little more. Its reasonable and insightful actually, to not complain about their damage at all.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's fair if they nerf the rest of the bursts to match templars and leave only Sorc and NB with burst capabilities (with some improvement to sorc) if they are supposed to be the "easy to kill" classes.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I never thought of it like that but yeah they are the easy to kill classes lol.

My templar has a 18k honor the dead tooltip. Plus 80% crit heal power! Awesome.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Classic 'nerf NB' [snip]

Funny thing is i've mained a nightblade since day one. And have 4 Grand overlord nightblade, i'd say I have a fair share of the class and what could be changed.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    The ability itself is fine. I think what you are more concerned about is healing scaling off of offensive stats, which is why it heals so much. Nightblade has always built into raw damage stats more than anyone else. Out of every class, even now, I always do the most damage to nightblades because as far as raw damage mitigation, the class just doesn't have it inherently.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    Classic 'nerf NB' [snip]

Funny thing is i've mained a nightblade since day one. And have 4 Grand overlord nightblade, i'd say I have a fair share of the class and what could be changed.

Damn 4 grand overlord nightblades? Im happy with my 1 grandoverlord nightblade, took me like 6 years to get to that and i only pvp.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Classic 'nerf NB' [snip]

Damn 4 grand overlord nightblades? Im happy with my 1 grandoverlord nightblade, took me like 6 years to get to that and i only pvp.

Yeah I have 11 in total. Getting emperor helps a lot. lol
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Classic 'nerf NB' [snip]

Yeah I have 11 in total. Getting emperor helps a lot. lol

11! Jeez and also getting emperor once was good enough for me.
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that every class should have a strong heal. But this class had good survivability already and this heal is a little over the top. Just bringing it line with the other class would make it more balanced. It is really difficult to fighting nightblades that can have a consistent 15k burst heal on demand. I'm aware of other classes reaching these numbers but they are meet with requirements. Such as coagulanting blood on the dragonknights you need to have lower heal for a bigger heal. Just dialing the heal back so it is not just spammed and can be used strategically. Nightblade's identity is at risk with this heal being in the game for a stealthy class that should be easy to kill (that is their trade off high damage and then being squishy) now it is just high damage high surivability and it's difficult to beat just overall. Just a slight nerf would be sufficient and healthy for the game and the class moving forward.

Same Tooltip as HtD, Twilight, Seed (AoE), Render (applies defile)...Heal is not OP and if you're not using Resto BB in conjunction with Dark Cloak + Refreshing Path you may as well be a Templar spamming HtD for high cost heal until you resource drain and die anyways...
  • Ominer
    Ominer
    ✭✭✭
    NB main and i agree, but in my opinion all mag burst heals are overperforming right now. The game isn't designed around all classes having access to 18k on demand burst healing (excluding sorc but pet heal is still annoying).

Trying to kill anything with a magburst heal and maras right now you're in for a long fight + if they stack with others there's literally 0 counterplay (other than kiting until they get bored and leave).

Taking a break right now because I'm sick of fighting the same 10 AD in blackreach with so many of them running maras / 40k hp wardens, it's so boring.