Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

new chapters so unrewarding

markulrich1966
markulrich1966
✭✭✭✭✭
Event is over, so I was hoping I could get some Stendarr Stamp from High Isle.

All 3 dailies, and a Worldboss twice, had still an old quest. No SS drop at the vent. Got 2 pieces of Steadfast Society gear from all quests, no SS on deconstruction.
Luckily I found others doing the quests, as the region looked pretty dead on xbox EU, we were doing the vent with 3 guys (at 4 pm).

I did the dailies in Galen on the NA server for some days, got no druid plan at all. Got 1 purple right after release from a chest, that's it.

I log out now, have done all endeavours and some crafting writs on my alts. Will switch to Fallout 76 again, as leveling up there (doing only some solo content) at least gives me a "rewarding" feeling again, in contrast to ESO.

Summerset and Northern Elsweyr were much more rewarding than the newer chapters, but once you did the dailies there 2-3000 times, you get burnout and stop it.

I'm sad, that the newer chapters don't give me this challenge to repeat their dailies like the older ones. Feel lost and playing without purpose. (Have done mostly all quests after 4 years and levelling up 72 characters). Please bring us back good daily rewards!
Edited by markulrich1966 on November 30, 2022 3:55PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes play some other games. After you get to a point doing dailies non stop is boring this anything new. Not everyone is going to like all the content the same either.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the drop rate on motifs is depressing. Why would I spend time and food buffs swapping from PvE to PvP setups to do dailies when it takes a week to get one drop. I've just given up on it. I'll farm mats rather than do dailies
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least some more reason to do the dailies once you finished the achievements lol

only getting the gear from the zone is a poor reward, especially with the collection book for gear, instead of getting something that might be useful and worth selling, its pretty much all decon fodder now
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game isn't rewarding in general. AWA was when I really started to notice it because people said it ruined their replayabilty on alts which got me wondering about an actual reward structure and then it hit me that nothing actually rewards you in this game bar the economy and events, both of which can cause burnout really fast. Even the literal hardest achieves in the game gives you words over your head (which other players can straight up disable seeing) and a mount with quality on par with a Legendary/Apex. This is also exacerbated by the recent ESO survey where if you didn't select item sets as a reward, there's a follow-up question on why you think that is and I'm gonna be honest, I don't think anyone ever considered sets as a reward more like a tool to enhance combat, hell even the stickerbook, a mechanic added to stop grind after a point gives no reward on category completion which is crazy since you'd think this is the most likely candidate for it.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost all the events are geared towards newer players and that's not really a bad thing.

Having said that for vets the rewards should be getting dope stuff from the event ticket system. In the past that's been the case but this year it's pretty rubbish- I mean the the hour glass is a cool idea but its basic functionality that should have been added to housing years ago and instead they're making people grind for months to get it.

And anyone who cant get on over the Christmas period is gonna miss out.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only played through high isle to get the ascendant lords greatsword. You can get it buy doing all high isle story, Galen and epilogue quests. It's awesome
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.