The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most Handy Mythic

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Sorry for putting this crafting but I thought it was the best fit.

My favorite Mything - Ring of the Wild Hunt
Definitely the most handy!
Speed is life!
For Combat, harvesting mats, and just exploration!

I don't have them all.
Originally I thought it was Oakensoul and Ring of the Pale Order...but nope

Still need to get Gaze of Sithis....

Your favz?

Z

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ring of the Wild Hunt or Mora's Whispers. I love being speedy af for anything, and Mora's passive crit AND the extra XP are pretty awesome too.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s Pale Order for me.

With a companion and that ring I can now solo a lot of world bosses, something I could not do without it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to like malacath band of brutality but then it was nerfed quite a bit, although if your getting a lot of crit dmg bonus that 16% bonus dmg might be useful still

i use ring of the wild hunt a lot, on like at least 2 different characters (one in pvp, and one being a heister/stealther/mat farmer)

pale order is useful on some characters, i also like death dealers fete too (if you can maintain the stacks) as it grants basically equivalent stats to a crown tristat food

there are many of the mythics i just flat out have never used, because they dont always fit into the build that i want to make or i dont have an idea on how i would even use it in a build as many of them fill very niche roles
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main has Pale Order. My side character is more of an assassin and plunderer - so they have the Wild Hunt. Comes in very handy for heists and sacraments.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a gatherer/thief/assassin who uses Ring of the Wild Hunt, an Oakensoul pet sorc for when I don't feel like being sweaty, a Harpooner's Wading Kit sorc for when I do feel like being sweaty, and a Ring of the Pale Order build for arenas.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most handy? With no doubt, by far, with a really big gap to every other mythic, more than anything else: oakensoul, permanently prebuffed with a dozen of buffs which increase almost any aspect of your character, even more than most other mythics, at least for anything besides group play.

The bonus for wild hunt is just to low in many situations (combat) and if you have access to a speed buff and use some speed CPs and even use running, you are already almost at the speed cap and wild hunt might be wasted (partly or even completely). Wild Hunt is only useful if you dont have a speed buff / dont want to use one or for increased speed without running but especially for fights you might be better of by using a jewelry trait instead of this ring.

Pale Order can be really handy if you dont play with something like brawler, bloodthirsty, critical surge, blood magic, reaving blows, strife, puncturing sweep, ... If you play with something or even multiple of them stacked, the pale order ring gets pretty bad or even useless at all.

Malacaths ring is often even a damage loss except for builds that neglect crit at all, which might be even initially weaker than builds which stack crit (except for PVP in some cases) but even if its not a damage loss, its usually not stronger than the buffs the oakensoul ring provides (except for coordinated groups in pvp maybe, because in pve crit is king and malacaths ring even a dps loss, while solo literally no mythic beats oakensoul).

Moras Whisper is usually the weaker version of the Kilt. In PVE group play both belong to the strongest mythics but strong in a very specific situation != handy.

Even both are weaker than Oakensoul, I want to mention death dealers fete and the markyn ring, both give you survivability and increased damage / healing while death dealers can even help with sustain. In my Opinion both are competitors for the second place for the most handy mythic.

So to add why oakensoul is the most handy:
    1. It is versatile (plenty buffs that buff several aspects)
    2. It is strong (because of the amount of buffs)
    3. You dont need to buff yourself, you are alread prebuffed, you are instantly powerful (easyness, powerfulness and lazyness)
    4. Same as 3. also leads to an easier rotation (even more easyness / lazyness)
    5. Reducing builds to 1 bar makes them even easier to play (even more and more easyness / lazyness)

And finally easyness / lazyness combined with powerfulness = handy, especially if its also that versatile as the oakensoul ring.

Only death dealers fete and the markyn ring are also versatile + easy / lazy + powerful = handy, but to a lesser degree than oakensoul.

Moras Whispers is for example not that versatile because it buffs only damage / healing but not survivability and the kilt often even doesnt work, otherwise they would be als easy / lazy + powerful.

And most others are just to specific, sometimes redunant or even easy replaceable, not easy / lazy or even not that powerful.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on November 30, 2022 2:27PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried Oakensoul in PVP as a solo player, and it was either stay on the destro staff with no healing or stay on the resto staff with no damage. Neither worked well for me.

I suppose it works better in pve but haven’t tried it there. I already know you can’t use it in nCR so probably best for me to not get used to it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Oakensoul in PVP as a solo player, and it was either stay on the destro staff with no healing or stay on the resto staff with no damage. Neither worked well for me.

I suppose it works better in pve but haven’t tried it there. I already know you can’t use it in nCR so probably best for me to not get used to it.

oaken is more used in pve for the "lazy" heavy attack build, especially on say a sorc, its certainly not needed for all heavy attack builds, but it works especially well on a sorc heavy attack setup

from what ive seen, it seems really niche use because of the very limited bar setup
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use: death dealer’s fete, spaulder, ring of pale order, ring of wild hunt

My favorite is probably DDF but I think RoWH is most useful for me currently.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore