The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot find any clues to get the other cards in the decks. Any tips?

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
When I first started ToT only a few weeks ago I was getting clues quite often and most of the base decks are 2-3 of 4 of the upgraded cards, but recently I have been playing for days and I cannot get any clues to drop.

Do I need to increases my roister club rank, do I need to farm the PvP dailies for the purple boxes?
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are earned from eg playing a certain card or patron a certain number of times.

The mission loot clues seem to be complete RNG. Don't know if it was coincidence or deliberate pacing, but I got my final card upgrades within a day or so of finishing the gaming hall main quest and collecting all of the decks. So keep grinding levels and doing the tournament quests and they'll drop in time.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Scan down the achievement list for ToT a bit and 8 clues are listed as rewards for completing other achievements:

e.g. "Blood Benediction: Use St Pelin's patron power to refresh Agents 10 times in match-made Tales of Tribute games"

gives the Siege Weapon Volley Card and there is one for each of the others.
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    Scan down the achievement list for ToT a bit and 8 clues are listed as rewards for completing other achievements:

Those aren't clues. Those are card upgrades instantly rewarded to you upon completing the achievement.

For the first 8 decks each one has 4 upgrades: 2 come from clues, 1 comes from the related patron power in matchmade games achievement and the last one is granted upon increasing your roister rank, in a fixed order (Toll of Silver, Ebony Mine, Augur's Counsel, Imperial Plunder, Prowling Shadow, Pyandonean War Fleet and Hel Shira Herald for ranks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8). The only exception is Pelin deck and its Legion Arrival card, where the designers forgot how math works and missed the part where you only rank up 7 times, therefore you can never get 8 rank up rewards and so they later added it as a clue as well (but then forgot how clues work and didn't add eidetic memory entry).
  • Poxilliz
    Poxilliz
    Soul Shriven
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    When I first started ToT only a few weeks ago I was getting clues quite often and most of the base decks are 2-3 of 4 of the upgraded cards, but recently I have been playing for days and I cannot get any clues to drop.

Do I need to increases my roister club rank, do I need to farm the PvP dailies for the purple boxes?

There is no "trick" that i'm aware of for the clues, just wait and hope for good RNG. For me as well they dropped really quick at first then trickled down, but eventually it got done.
    They do drop from NPC boxes, which are slightly less good quality than from the pvp matches but much quicker to farm, especially doing the daily on a few alts.

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skvysh wrote: »

Those aren't clues. Those are card upgrades instantly rewarded to you upon completing the achievement.

For the first 8 decks each one has 4 upgrades: 2 come from clues, 1 comes from the related patron power in matchmade games achievement and the last one is granted upon increasing your roister rank, in a fixed order (Toll of Silver, Ebony Mine, Augur's Counsel, Imperial Plunder, Prowling Shadow, Pyandonean War Fleet and Hel Shira Herald for ranks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8). The only exception is Pelin deck and its Legion Arrival card, where the designers forgot how math works and missed the part where you only rank up 7 times, therefore you can never get 8 rank up rewards and so they later added it as a clue as well (but then forgot how clues work and didn't add eidetic memory entry).

Well this seems what I was looking for.
    I Got a clue for the druids today and another clue, i forgot which one, then when I got to rank 6 I got a full card, so I guess I need to get to max rank and cards I am missing are related to ranking up.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I Got a clue for the druids today and another clue, i forgot which one, then when I got to rank 6 I got a full card, so I guess I need to get to max rank and cards I am missing are related to ranking up.

For Druid King specifically, I think it's two clues from the Tribute reward coffers, 1 from the "Use patron ability 10 times in PvP matches," and the last is from I think fighting the Druid Tribute champion. I believe there's an achievement listing for it.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Druid King specifically, I think it's two clues from the Tribute reward coffers, 1 from the "Use patron ability 10 times in PvP matches," and the last is from I think fighting the Druid Tribute champion. I believe there's an achievement listing for it.

Well unlike people insinuating above, I am not stupid, I already got everything from the achievements.

Afaik I have all the druid cards now too, it is/was the other ones that were not dropping.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think im still missing like at least 3 clue related upgrades

they are either not very common, or as ive seen suggested in other threads that they can potentially roll a clue you already have gotten, and thus it doesnt give you the drop because you already completed it (so the more you have gotten, the less chance of getting one you still need)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think im still missing like at least 3 clue related upgrades

they are either not very common, or as ive seen suggested in other threads that they can potentially roll a clue you already have gotten, and thus it doesnt give you the drop because you already completed it (so the more you have gotten, the less chance of getting one you still need)

I have got everything now. I never got any duped clues, it seems that they only ever drop from gold or purple boxes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive definitely gotten clues from the green boxes against npcs, but its very rare comparatively lol

ive never gotten any duped clues either but it has definitely been much harder finding those last couple clues

i got clues frequently when i started playing and now im lucky to even see one of the missing clues at all
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive definitely gotten clues from the green boxes against npcs, but its very rare comparatively lol

ive never gotten any duped clues either but it has definitely been much harder finding those last couple clues

i got clues frequently when i started playing and now im lucky to even see one of the missing clues at all

I got all the card upgrades/clues for the last deck you get by beating the founders most of the base game card clues, and I only just beat the founders and got that last deck about and hour ago!
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got all the card upgrades/clues for the last deck you get by beating the founders before I completed most of the base game card clues, and I only just beat the founders and got that last deck about and hour ago!