The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

trade/sell transmutes?

Csleia
Csleia
✭✭✭
what are the pros/cons? currently we cant do it.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2022 7:51PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute crystals were not meant as a replacement for doing content. They were meant to make obtaining the gear we want with the traits we want somewhat easier while still requiring the content be done.

Allowing them to be sold would mean players not needing to do certain content to gain them and that is detrimental to the long term health of the game.

There is no upside.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main thing is they want to keep it a special currency to reward you doing activities in the game usually ones that involve group content.

All I can say is I would happily buy them with gold if given the option either in guild stores or from a vendor that acts as a gold sink. Or they could just scrap them and let us use gold directly to change the traits and reconstruct gear.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you have too many transmutes you can just gold out gear using 1 gold upgrade mat as an attempt =)
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the way you have to adjust builds all the time I do wish there were more ways to farm them. That was kind of the idea behind the sticker book I thought. I'm doing fine but not everyone is going to run 15 characters through pvp for months and when they reach the cap convert them into 25 crystal gear to store more. Some people loath pvp and randoms are truly rng with what you pull......just my opinion though. In reality you shouldn't need too many unless you're losing them by not having a whole set sticker booked, but a faster way to farm them would be nice for some who have less time than my retired self..
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The advantages would be you wouldn't be as stuck doing content you don't want to do for transmutes if you are rich enough to afford them, you could sell transmutes if you had a surplus, and in many areas of the game that reward transmutes you would run into less players that didn't want to be doing content that were doing it for transmutes.

The disadvantages would be that while some areas might see more people due to selling transmutes much of the game that rewards transmutes would have less players which could significantly impact queue times in some cases.

It would also make choosing to use transmutes into more of a financial decision. Since I get transmutes from Cyrodiil I can goof off once or twice a month and pop out a few sets without really thinking about the costs. If I can sell them for gold, I might be more hesitant to do that.

You would also see some economic shifts which might drive some prices up as some sections of the player base might end up with more money.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    if you have too many transmutes you can just gold out gear using 1 gold upgrade mat as an attempt =)

What do you mean? I don't understand.
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, it would be too much of a pay to win situation.

They should remove the storage limit for eso+ members though.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Transmute crystals were not meant as a replacement for doing content. They were meant to make obtaining the gear we want with the traits we want somewhat easier while still requiring the content be done.

Allowing them to be sold would mean players not needing to do certain content to gain them and that is detrimental to the long term health of the game.

There is no upside.

You will still need to do the content to get the gear you want to transmute. After killing the end boss 45 times to fill your stickerbook I'd say you done the content.
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    i think the vendor should allows us to buy keys or spend keys for xmute. with eso+ we can have 1k xmutes, so 200 xmutes for 1 key means we have 1 attempt at a random shoulder. 1k would give us 5 keys, so a bit more targetable shoulder chance. 1 key = 200 xmutes, 5 keys = 1k xmutes.
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. This is a system that is logical, fair, and works very well.

There are plenty of areas in the game that have room for improvement - this isn't one of them.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    I would say yes pls. I need one char to store the boxes.
    Here my current state of my mule char: 136 boxes with 50 transmute crystals.

7822uam6t39v.jpg
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be fine if they would allow selling and trading of transmutes, but only if they solve the fake tank issue first! Otherwise cheating and giving other players a terrible gaming experience would be rewarded. And that is something which should never happen!

ZOS should also allow the buying of monster set shoulders directly with transmutes, to solve the RNG to get monster set shoulders.
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no upside.

Except you do not get many transmutes for doing content. You get transmutes for doing specific content.

2 random normals give me 20 Transmute Crystals. The same as 4 HM Trials. While the random normal ones reset daily the trial ones reset weekly.

This doesn't make sense.
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont care about trading them or being able to trade for them --- but i really wish they would sell them in the crown store.

people keep saying this is pay to win but its not-- you already did the content to get the pieces youre able to reconstruct
    with transmute stones ---- just means i dont have to do 7,000 dungeon runs to get them.

• SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Endeavours were in test for the first time on PTS you could gain Transmutes Crystals by completing Daily Endeavours.
    I would have loved having that on live servers at launch but it seems that test didn't pass.
    Even like 3 Crystals a day, for 3 days a month, and one Weekly a month for 15 crystals would be nice - you would potentially get 24 every month in total.

About buying and selling them I think I would appreciate that feature but I'm scared of what crazy prices they would have... And the loss of players in some game areas (I only play Cyro for that and leave. If I could skip it entirely would be welcomed for me, but less for others I guess).
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i see only one solution that could (probably) satisfy everyone - the exchange of one currency for another. Without the participation of the player-seller. Exchange through an NPC.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always use them to make Nirncrux if you get over stocked then sell the Nirn.

I dunno if we should be able to trade them directly- earning them does encourage people to do at least a little pvp every month.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JN_Slevin wrote: »

There is no upside.

Except you do not get many transmutes for doing content. You get transmutes for doing specific content.

2 random normals give me 20 Transmute Crystals. The same as 4 HM Trials. While the random normal ones reset daily the trial ones reset weekly.

This doesn't make sense.

the trial rewards are the same between normal and vet for the quest coffer (in fact those coffers dont even offer perfected gear)

as to the OP, you can "kind of" sell them

step 1: craft level 1 weapon
    step 2: transmute to nirnhoned
    step 3: decon and get the nirncrux
    step 4: sell nirncrux lol

i do that when i start getting too many transmutes because i hate the geodes overflowing when im sitting at the cap, i also vote that there should be no transmute cap when you are subbed as it would be a much higher benefit than just doubling the extremely low cap lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014