The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kjalnar's Nightmare mask

• dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine said he got one confirmation, some did get the mask drop, but it was eaten, we think the double drops are screwing up the page drop ratio.

****No real confirmation, probably a troll****
    Edited by dkblight on November 27, 2022 6:01AM
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    someone* Is there an "edit" function to posts, or are you stuck looking at an edit error?
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yarcnoshy wrote: »
    Gina knows what's most frustrating, it's not the lack of the drop, it's when you've done it 50 times it doesn't get it and a person who was loaded completely randomly and did it for the first time gets the style page first, that's frustrating, the zenimax should take better care of those who actually make the content and try to get it, like putting some counter adding a percentage to increase the percentage of those who made it several times and when picking up a mask that person has the counter reset again, so that the person is at least rewarded for effort
    We’ll check on this but given the studio is closed until Monday, we may not be able to confirm until then. We’ll circle back as soon as we have more info.
    We’ll check on this but given the studio is closed until Monday, we may not be able to confirm until then. We’ll circle back as soon as we have more info.

This has been requested ad nauseam.

Either a soft cap (every instance that does not yield an 'exceptional' drop, may it be an antiquities lead, or a style page or w/e increases the odds of getting it on the following instance until it drops, then it resets) or a hard cap (after 'x' instances fail to yield the drop the following one will have a 100% chance to do so).

Crown Crates do have a soft cap implemented so is not like this is new to the game.

However as far as I know this has never been even acknowledged.

Edited by ApoAlaia on November 25, 2022 9:12PM
  • Medicate
    Medicate
    ✭✭✭
    with no real content added with firesong (just bugs) and the lackluster skyrim event, this is really what we needed. a bugged mask drop.
    thanks for nothing zos.
    the game is boring [snip] right now and you even make every part of the experience worse, due to the lack of proper testing.
    i recently opened a post and asked if you want to continue this way or seriously fix your quality management.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 26, 2022 11:43AM
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    Its Monday. Lunch.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • Nemezijus
    Nemezijus
    ✭✭✭
    Ek1 wrote: »
    Its Monday. Lunch.

Its a very early morning now in the US isn't it? They are not Europe-based..
  • Ek1
    Ek1
    ✭✭✭
    Nemezijus wrote: »
    Its a very early morning now in the US isn't it? They are not Europe-based..
    It does not sound like a cunning business plan to provide an online service with no team to monitor it for its uptime.
    And I am well aware is US based as the game has been showing its dates in this Yoda style to me for eight years and still it has not been fixed.
    Ek1@EU@PC.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates on this?
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Would be awesome if ZOS increased the drop rate as well..
    Thinking about buying the weapon pack if i can get the style..otherwise the set feels like its missing a piece
    Edited by ashadris on November 28, 2022 10:57PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we can confirm this style page is currently bugged and not dropping. We're working on getting this fixed for an upcoming incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, we can confirm this style page is currently bugged and not dropping. We're working on getting this fixed for an upcoming incremental patch.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is it also planned to extend the 'window' in which the mask drops? Or is it a case of 'whatever time is left between whenever this is fixed and Dec 21st'?
    Edited by ApoAlaia on November 28, 2022 7:52PM
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please extend the window of the drop since its bugged. Ran unhallowed hm over 50 times and didn't get anything thinking it was able to drop
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you.

Can you say if that will make it into the patch for the 5th, or has it already missed that deadline? If so, that would put the next incremental after that on the 19th (assuming standard cadence), which doesn't leave much time for the page to drop unless the drop window is extended.
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    Since we use the dungeon weapon pack being sold in the crown store as a time frame for how long the mask drop is available, does this mean an extension of the weapons being sold in the crown store will happen or is there some means that will allow us to know how many days we have to farm said dungeon?

Also, in lieu of double drops causing issues, would it be easier to have say 4 chests in a dungeon as an event boost? UG at the start used to have 4 chests, till it was "fixed," would it be easier to set 2 chests in a dungeon to 4 chests instead of double drops that could bug the style page drop in some other event to come?

I understand double drops is not the same as more chests, just ideas to avoid future catastrophes.
    Edited by dkblight on November 28, 2022 9:51PM
  • Leighlaa
    Leighlaa
    ✭✭✭

AH thank you so so so much for the response! You will, I hope, extend the drop? We really would appreciate it! UG is very fun but I don't go there much anymore without a reason.
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    disregard, needed to refresh.
    Edited by dkblight on November 28, 2022 9:51PM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

You mean move it so that less people see that it’s currently bugged? Ok…
  • VenomSheru
    Greetings,

Shouldn't you have moved it to bugs like with other times?
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭

..and any compensation for the 25 hours of my life wasted trying to get this?

Don't bother answering, it's a rhetorical question.
  • L0rDi
    L0rDi

"upcoming incremental patch" - December 5th?
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it get fixed or not with today’s maintenance?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thank you.

Can you say if that will make it into the patch for the 5th, or has it already missed that deadline? If so, that would put the next incremental after that on the 19th (assuming standard cadence), which doesn't leave much time for the page to drop unless the drop window is extended.

At this point, there isn't enough time to get the fix into next week's patch so it'll go into the next one currently scheduled for the 19th. To your point, given this would only give everyone a couple days to obtain the item, we will be extending the time for the page to drop - along with the currently-available Arms Pack - until January 4.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, so it'll be available only during the period where it conflicts with both the New Life event and Christmas/New Years, draining people's time to acquire it even more. While you guys are hard at work on the Update 35 Q&A, can you also add in a question of why this bug keeps happening and why it takes so long to fix?
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you give any explanation on how this happens almost every time a new mask style is supposed to be released? The first time is understandable but the second time isn't and this is like the sixth time now.
  • Xairvaiss
    Xairvaiss
    ✭✭✭
    Original announcement: from November 23 to December 21 - 4 weeks
    New announcement: from December 19 to January 4 - 2.5 weeks
    Not only it will conflict with many game/life events this will also has less time to be available. Why it extended to January 4 and not to January 16 ?
    Also i wonder how this kind of things like style pages for masks/shoulders/motifs/leads always come some bugged on production environment? Who will compensate time and resources that players wasted for nothing?! I'm here, paying you ESO+ and buying new chapters, like many others, not to be a free beta tester without any type of pay off
    Edited by Xairvaiss on November 29, 2022 2:54PM
  • BradTheNord
    BradTheNord
    ✭✭
    Got to be joking me what is going on over there …. I’m starting to believe the rumours a lot of the ZoS resources are being allocated to the new IP they’re working on it’s the only explanation at this point :/
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How can it take so long? Enabling a drop surely shouldn't take this long. Did y'all forget to make it or something and some pure guy is now creating the stylepage that should be live right now?
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”― John Lydgate

I understand you're relaying information given to you, you're the messenger we are not to kill, but you're also one of the faces of the response team too.

People have spent hours, some days, trying to get a phantom mask page, and being told it'll be weeks from now for the patch update as well as extended into a heavy hitter event, does not sit well for players as the time consumed is lost with no reward for the efforts. I don't know if there is a means to check the dungeon and see who ran the dungeon in the past days for Vet and potentially HM to compensate those people with a bound mask page, so at least everyone who put the effort has the eaten page, but something certainly needs to apply to the select people who made the effort.

Perhaps place a link to a special report page for people to post that did run the dungeon so you know who claims to have run it(easier to verify who ran it) so to reward something to them.

Unlike other forms of business, replacing loyal customers with new players is less profitable as new players tend to quit thus less money, while existing loyal players tend to spend more on the game they've built a gaming life in, so you shouldn't look at this as something you can push off to another week or two. Don't look at people posting positive things in twitch as the outlook of players, they just want free stuff. (Although, personally, even if I can't understand the language I enjoy the bethesda_nl - Twitch streams, far less people and they connect better with those posting as they respond to unique messages rather than spammed messages)

To reiterate what John Lydgate said, You can't please all of the people all of the time, so do what you can, but keep in mind Effort deserves Reward and the people here have no reward despite Effort given.
    Edited by dkblight on November 29, 2022 4:21PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it might be nice if there were some sort of apology to the players that spent hours upon hours farming for something with a zero percent drop chance.

If it were me that made a mistake like that, I would feel horrible for wasting time of others and I would absolutely lead with a sincere apology.

I know this isn't Gina's fault, but by this point, it's happened enough that players are likely wary of even trying to farm new masks until others can prove it actually exists. This is not a healthy situation to have. One might say it erodes player trust in the ZOS team.