The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best weapon combo for PvP stam blade?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says. I'm trying to figure out if I should use dual nirnhoned swords, or sword and dagger, or sword and axe, or mace.
Which would you choose and why?

(My stam blade is in heavy armour clever alchemist. Her other set is Orders Wrath. DW/2H backbar.
Haven't decided on the monster helm set.)
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I run 2h/Bow, as classic as it gets. Still effective, I just like getting major expedition when I roll, plus I don't run an ability that grants it to me so it works out.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, for dw front bar you could use dual maces with nirnhoned and precise, that should give you a decent combo of penetration, damage and crit chance. Could do second dw weapon as a dagger if you want more crit.

Forest wraith might be an interesting set to consider for nightblade in particular which tends to use more class abilities than most. Would probably want 5 medium in that case to boost damage and crit damage.

Really depends on what you want to do with your nightblade. If in heavy it sounds like you want a brawler perhaps?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Hmm, for dw front bar you could use dual maces with nirnhoned and precise, that should give you a decent combo of penetration, damage and crit chance. Could do second dw weapon as a dagger if you want more crit.

Forest wraith might be an interesting set to consider for nightblade in particular which tends to use more class abilities than most. Would probably want 5 medium in that case to boost damage and crit damage.

Really depends on what you want to do with your nightblade. If in heavy it sounds like you want a brawler perhaps?

Shes a woodelf. I was definitely going for at least 1 nirnhoned sword. Penetration is a racial passive of wood elf. Don't know if I still need a mace.

So far I haven't missed the medium armour at all. I cant even tell the difference much when playing except I have more health than I would have otherwise.
    I don't have Balorg though and am solo so I can't do vet dungeons to get anything.
    I never do trials. I hate people.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would aim for around 10k penetration combined if that helps, and then adding in major breach from there.
    I hate people.
    Valid

Monster sets are not as necessary for pvp anymore since you can replace them with mythic and 1 trainee, or a 1 pc monster set instead of trainee in case you picked up something from the golden vendor. And trials sets are usually not needed in pvp in normal scenarios (some organized groups use certain sets). I think on nightblade in particular you could do very well with two crafted or overland 5 piece sets with a mythic and 1 trainee. Only downside for you on mythics is some have leads that drop from group dungeons. Something like Markyn's ring of majesty would be a good mythic since only one lead is from a dungeon (banished cells) where it drops from trash mobs (non bosses) and you'll be able to solo it on normal difficultly if you're even halfway decent at pve (20k dps +).

• PC/NA
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I would aim for around 10k penetration combined if that helps, and then adding in major breach from there.
    I hate people.
    Valid

Monster sets are not as necessary for pvp anymore since you can replace them with mythic and 1 trainee, or a 1 pc monster set instead of trainee in case you picked up something from the golden vendor. And trials sets are usually not needed in pvp in normal scenarios (some organized groups use certain sets). I think on nightblade in particular you could do very well with two crafted or overland 5 piece sets with a mythic and 1 trainee. Only downside for you on mythics is some have leads that drop from group dungeons. Something like Markyn's ring of majesty would be a good mythic since only one lead is from a dungeon (banished cells) where it drops from trash mobs (non bosses) and you'll be able to solo it on normal difficultly if you're even halfway decent at pve (20k dps +).

I can pug on normal with my stamDK tank.
    I just won't do veteran DLC dungeons.
    The only mythic that caught my eye was ring of the wild hunt. The speed on it looks fantastic. I don't know where to find it though.
    I still dont have scrying leveled up on my stam Necro though, (I'm an Alt-oholic.)

Question about Pen. On the character stat page, does it show the pen added from the piercing CP passive? Does it even add the pen from the wood elf racial passive? Or from the sharpened trait?
    That stat page seems to not add all sources for every stat.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pen on your character sheet includes gear, passives, and cp. it doesn’t include pen from target debuffs. So should include racial, light armor, and cp passives, as well as sharpened.

Check here for leads on wild hunt: https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/ring-of-the-wild-hunt
    Only one group dungeon lead for it, Elden Hollow, so not too bad.

• PC/NA
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

Question about Pen. On the character stat page, does it show the pen added from the piercing CP passive? Does it even add the pen from the wood elf racial passive? Or from the sharpened trait?
    That stat page seems to not add all sources for every stat.

Yes added pen does show up on the stat sheet. As Kartalin said, does not include target debuffs or anything that primarily affects one target. So something like the master's bow bonus does not show up on your weapon damage in the stat sheet.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people