The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I just can’t with Cyrodiil anymore

Tberg725
Tberg725
✭✭✭
Been playing playstation NA sense 2016 was kinda lost in the game till I met a group of people in a dungeon we got to chattin and they pulled me into cyrodiil… man what a blast it used to be large scale wars, great action all over the place and lag some times but it was manageable I was hooked

Fast forward to now the lag is SO BAD you goto mount up and it takes 5 sec just for your mount to come out, you put down siege and it will not fire instead telling you “ballista is busy”, most skills will not fire, good luck trying to line up ults, you die from siege that does not even show up (invisible oil)… can’t forget to mention the insane rubber banding then the cherry on top sense the last update a good portion of ppl seem to be an Uber tank

A good portion of fights I get into just goto stale mates some end in me and the other player just trying to light attack each other because skills will not go off so we break off to go some where else

Me and my fiancé looked forward to getting on during the weekend to link up with friends and take some keeps but moral of the story the game is just not fun anymore and has gone to complete crap and this company should be embarrassed having a game out that runs this poor….there is not a single multiplayer game that I have played that runs this bad so for now we have canceled our ESO+ And taking along break from the game hopefully I’ll see some good news on the forums about server performance in the future till then GG y’all
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    100% same and agree. absolutely embarassing for this company. Not getting another penny until PVP is playable.
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad all over. PC is reporting the same issues with lag, rubberbanding, stuck in combat, etc...the list goes on and on. I get that Zos wants to put PvE over PvP but if you're not going to dedicate time, efforts & fixes to the PvP side of the game then take it out. Bringing in new sets and keeping events like Midyear Mayhem going is pointless when the game is unplayable for so many of us
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    It's bad all over. PC is reporting the same issues with lag, rubberbanding, stuck in combat, etc...the list goes on and on. I get that Zos wants to put PvE over PvP but if you're not going to dedicate time, efforts & fixes to the PvP side of the game then take it out. Bringing in new sets and keeping events like Midyear Mayhem going is pointless when the game is unplayable for so many of us

Midyear Mayhem arriving should be an exciting event but is honestly just depressing, since I know it's basically pointless to even log in to Cyrodiil especially during the event. I think everyone should continually upload clips evidencing the hilarious state of performance in PVP to Youtube & forums to maximize public attention to this deplorable situation. I feel like this should constitute false advertising, no? Advertised on stores is a functioning PVP mode. This is not the case in reality.
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭

Midyear Mayhem arriving should be an exciting event but is honestly just depressing, since I know it's basically pointless to even log in to Cyrodiil especially during the event. I think everyone should continually upload clips evidencing the hilarious state of performance in PVP to Youtube & forums to maximize public attention to this deplorable situation. I feel like this should constitute false advertising, no? Advertised on stores is a functioning PVP mode. This is not the case in reality.

Absolutely agree there is not enough people bringing attention to the problem so it looks like it’s not much of an issue, I wish people that actually play in Cyrodiil went on the forums instead of just complain about it in zone chat

• UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tberg725 wrote: »

Absolutely agree there is not enough people bringing attention to the problem so it looks like it’s not much of an issue, I wish people that actually play in Cyrodiil went on the forums instead of just complain about it in zone chat

PvP performance has been such an issue for so long people have just given up for the most part I think. It did get better for a while on PC NA after new servers were implemented, but group sizes and pop caps are still way, way too low to have anything like the original experience Cyro had to offer.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play only on Cyrodiil Ravenswatch and I am finding it hard to stay logged in for more than an hour these past few months. The population has dropped dramatically to the point that its completely empty until around 7pm GMT when the ball groups log on and destroy any kind of fun that is left.

I can't see ESO pvp recovering from this because its been left neglected for far too long.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    I play only on Cyrodiil Ravenswatch and I am finding it hard to stay logged in for more than an hour these past few months. The population has dropped dramatically to the point that its completely empty until around 7pm GMT when the ball groups log on and destroy any kind of fun that is left.

I can't see ESO pvp recovering from this because its been left neglected for far too long.

ESO is my favorite game, hands down. I've been playing this game since it's release pretty much. I went in from logging in almost daily to logging in maybe 1-2 times a week. I still enjoy the PvE side of the game but PvP is where my main interest is. To see ZoS purposely neglect and ignore the issues that need to be addressed is pretty sad to see. I don't know if it's just because PvE is more of a "money making" aspect to them while PvP isn't but most of us who play PvP still pay our monthly subscriptions, we're still buying crates (stupidly), we're still giving the game money so what's the real reason they choose to not fix the problems? If you have no interest in salvaging PvP then just scrap it altogether and be done with it
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely agree there is not enough people bringing attention to the problem
    There's not enough because they're all gone. They tried for years. Those players aren't coming back.

And it's not only the performance, never has been. The combat system is in its worst state in 8+ years.

At this point, I'd happily pay $60 up front and $15/mo to play an ESO Classic server, like what Blizzard did.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    To see ZoS purposely neglect and ignore the issues that need to be addressed is pretty sad to see.

They seem utterly incapable of admitting they made mistakes and shift directions. Instead every time they double down on past mistakes, propagating terrible ideas originally implemented under developers no longer with the company, and just keep letting the terrible decisions pile up.

But oh lawd if you comment as such, they reach for the nearest fainting couch and call in the silence brigade, the only ZOS employees anyone ever hears from anymore.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    To see ZoS purposely neglect and ignore the issues that need to be addressed is pretty sad to see.

They seem utterly incapable of admitting they made mistakes and shift directions. Instead every time they double down on past mistakes, propagating terrible ideas originally implemented under developers no longer with the company, and just keep letting the terrible decisions pile up.

But oh lawd if you comment as such, they reach for the nearest fainting couch and call in the silence brigade, the only ZOS employees anyone ever hears from anymore.

I just don't like the false promises and the "New servers, new patches, changes are coming" comments they keep making. PvP has been unplayable for years, either make the necessary fixes or just admit that you have no interest in that aspect of the game and scrap it.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Absolutely agree there is not enough people bringing attention to the problem
    There's not enough because they're all gone. They tried for years. Those players aren't coming back.

And it's not only the performance, never has been. The combat system is in its worst state in 8+ years.

At this point, I'd happily pay $60 up front and $15/mo to play an ESO Classic server, like what Blizzard did.

As in ESO v1.6? Sign me up please! Those were the glory days.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ralamil wrote: »
    They seem utterly incapable of admitting they made mistakes and shift directions.
    Except for the one time they did, and it was worse than any of us ever could have imagined...

Nobody:

U23 ZOS: dots buffed 30%

U24 ZOS: jk dots nerfed 60%
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want stable servers, lol. I want my skills to work, able to bar swap, players to not freeze in place and then speed up all over the place just to freeze again, the disconnects to stop...I just want to be able to login and not have to stress over if it's going to be playable or not. Kinda sad that's something we have to worry about in 2022 when a gaming company is making more than enough money to fix the problems
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want stable servers, lol. I want my skills to work, able to bar swap, players to not freeze in place and then speed up all over the place just to freeze again, the disconnects to stop...I just want to be able to login and not have to stress over if it's going to be playable or not. Kinda sad that's something we have to worry about in 2022 when a gaming company is making more than enough money to fix the problems

So much this. It is absolutely not too much to ask that as a paying customer you can just log in, enjoy the game and have things work as expected. This is years of neglect and deflection and not delivering. Why should customers keep waiting? The year of Performance, did zero. Like we were astonished at how zero. That was 2020. How have they waited until now to just start working on a rewrite????

People only really complain when it's something they want to see succeed. If we didn't care we'd just leave.
    I would prefer this game ran correctly because I really love it but even the people like me are getting fed up.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • FannyWarden
    FannyWarden
    ✭✭
    I just tried playing tonight and encountered a group of 3. There were 7-8 of us. The 3 wiped us in secs. Most of us couldn't get off more than 1 attack, potion, block or defensive ability before we died. And we were not ball up close together. When we looked at our combat metrics, we were all hit by 15-20 combined attacks from these 3.

Call it whatever you want, performance, lag, tactics, some type of hack, whatever - anytime a game is that imbalanced that one group can launch an average of 6-7 attacks to 1 is just not a balanced or good PVP game format.

I recall on my screen, I saw 3 players move so fast towards me (like a blink) and poof, dead. I'm wearing 33k resist with major and minor resist and block when not attacking. I died instantly! I watched while dead and they were doing this to just about everyone nearby. Instant death to whoever they fought.

Whatever is happening with game mechanics, its just not a viable game option for me with so much more out there to spend my time. I refuse to waste my time looking for the latest set that exploits mechanics or how to master some 3rd party automation to give me an advantage over players who do not.

I gave up a few months ago, but came back for a night to test out the new update, but its worst than ever. All 3 of the guys we were fighting used low and high bars in in the names in different orders so it was hard to tell who did what. I'm assuming they made their names hard to identify on purpose and with some type of intent.

Pretty disappointed. Not a good game play experience.

I'd rather play dominoes with my grandfather than anymore of this.