The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Progression Limitation

bruceb14_ESO5
bruceb14_ESO5
✭✭✭
This is a QQ thread but also a request for suggestions on leveling high enough to beat Molaq Bal (mobs before him, not just learning to stay out of the bad stuff and movement). I do need to learn to play my character better, specifically handling mobs, my AOE sucks at this point (Cleave). In other parts of the game I would play 5 levels or so above my character and in parts 5 levels or so below my character. I like that opportunity to outlevel content if I'm having difficulty or to play above if successful. At Veteran 1 it feels like a bottleneck where I'm not feeling the success.
My character is a Heavy Armor Restorative Templar with 2H weapon. I do have skill points available to make adjustments. I'm not the fastest at moving but decent at blocking and aware to move.
Looking for suggestions not to get bagged on. I do spend quite a bit of time in Cyrodiil questing and PVP. It is fun but the XP gain is minimal at Vet 1.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I'm noticing people viewing this thread but not commenting. Part of this is for those who have not completed the Molaq Bal main quest, but have reached Veteran Level 1. How are you leveling up? My frustration is in gaining the extra strength and skills and leveling without having completed the Main Quest.

I have done considerable questing in Cyrodiil thinking that would help and it has a small bit, but painfully tiny increments. I'm not looking for some power leveling no effort gain, but a reasonable gain for the effort given.
    Options
  • JexTex
    JexTex
    ✭✭
    The veteran system is a total joke and should have been a side objective for quest lovers and solo players to get lore and costumes etc...the fact they made it a requirement to get to endgame content is a joke and shows how poorly rushed and thought out it is.

Im sitting at VR1 barely logging in anymore only pvp and barely progress...
    Id say atleast 30% of my guild members have stopped logging in starting a a week ago.

For a sub based MMO launching the game in a way they are with FPS's etc is not a way to obtain a player base on sub...

Its very obv the veteran system is to slow players so they can balance end game...instead of having is ready and having the game launch sooner than it should we have yet another scenario of a dev. team racing the player base for content its a joke...

I will prly stay subd for now as 15$ is not to much a month and it does look like they are trying hard...but trying hard and doing are two different things ;]

The game has alot going for it and has excellent GFX and runs well on my system..even though i havto do multiple adjustments to run SLI this isnt anything out of the ordinary for a new release.

I think things like armor dye etc should have been in at launch and yet again shows the poor overall understanding of the impacts of neglected and missing lore for a mmo.

One last thing to add...I feel time and time again new MMO's are trying to rehash the same path at launch...when in all reality most of your player base that will stay subd simply wants solid end game/GROUP content and good social interactions...with good pvp and raiding.

The truth is most of us have quested to the point of mental breadown on every mmo...if i wanted to grind quests id go play a single player game specificaly.

Most of the people from the large MMO popularity surge in the late 90's and early 2000...are now older and have done this and done that...most are tired and burnt out of collecting John's wood sack lol
    Edited by JexTex on May 2, 2014 5:53PM
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind questing (and I'm older and done plenty of grinds also), as long as the quests seem to have a storyline such as repopulating Cold Harbour city. The rewards though in regards to XP towards level once at Veteran Level are negligible. Even the PVP ones, which are a great alternative seem to be about 2K experience out of the half million needed for level (approx). My game is generally solo. What are others doing whose character is not making it with the mobs or boss (Molaq Bal) to keep leveling past Vet1 or even 2?
    Options