Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Gifting with Crown Gems

saar
saar
✭✭✭
Tell me why is this not a thing? I have a lot of gems due to not wanting to purchase anything, but my friends are wanting crown items (some can't even buy due to regional issues), but I can't gift them specific items from crates...
Would increase my spending if it was possible!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems evident to me. We buy crowns. We do not buy gems. One generates revenue. The other is just a byproduct.

• Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    You can't give away CG. That would mean those people didn't spend any money to get CG's for themselves.
    The Devs don't care if you have a bunch of something you don't need. Only that you spent good money on a bunch of something you don't need.
    See the difference?
    People mistakenly think this is a game. It's a business.
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 16, 2022 7:24PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to what's already been said, there would also be issues with accumulating "free" gems on a potentially limitless amount of alt accounts through Twitch drops, then pooling all the items onto a main account, allowing you to get loads of crate items without buying them, which is definitely not what ZOS wants.

You have to remember that when money is involved, it doesn't matter what's good for players if it conflicts with what's good for ZOS which is absolutely their priority.