Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which mDK dps gear best for vet trials now?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Which dps gear except perfected and High Isle sets are best in trials if you are magicka DK?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 13, 2022 7:11PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know not everyone agrees with it, but ESO logs is really insightful for looking at what people run in content. You can choose a trial, select show only logs, and then choose magdk and it'll give you an overview of what most people in the top 100 run. For Rockgrove this patch it suggested zaan or kilt + slimecraw, pillar, relequen.
    Edited by Soarora on November 13, 2022 7:18PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is ESO logs, an addon?
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, it’s a website, with cookies that can’t be avoided it seems…
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since they nerfed the VMA staff, Nirn is the preferred back bar set. Also, now that the whip is a magicka and stamina skill, I've switched my front bar from an inferno staff to daggers to help with the stamina sustain.

Bahsei, Siroria (for stationary fights), and Mother's Sorrow would probably be my top 3 outside of Whorl (the High Isle set). Would run all with the Kilt and a monster set. Other sets would be BSW and Spell Strategist, but I find they don't perform as well as a trial set.

Saw Relequen mentioned above, but that would require you to wear 2 medium sets as Nirn is also medium. Not awful, as you get a different source of sustaining your whip, damage reduction, and crit buffs for each piece worn. But you would miss out on better passives from 5-7 light pieces. Plus. Relequen works best when on the body to carry over between bar swaps.

A lot of trial groups in a guild I am in also have a Zen's DK DD which help group damage.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I run vSS or vet Rockgrove with Zaan, BSW and Elf Bane, or will the dps be too low?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »
    Can I run vSS or vet Rockgrove with Zaan, BSW and Elf Bane, or will the dps be too low?

I don't know what numbers you are hitting, and the numbers keep changing, but anything over 60-70K is fine, even with the 100K+ hitters out there. I'm not a strict adherent to parse numbers as someone who knows mechs and stays alive is preferred. You can get there with that setup.

I haven't run Elf Bane in a while, but there was a time after they nerfed the Elf Bane + Zaan combo that Elf Bane + Grothdarr outperformed Zaan. But since then, they reworked all the monster sets, so maybe Zaan is better now. Either way, I think Encratis Behemoth would be the better call with those sets, unless a healer or tank is running it.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, tnx, I get the Encratis and see how it works :):)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the comment about Z'en's. By far the best trials DK set if nobody in group has it already.

For a 2nd set use something with Minor Slayer. Rele, Siroria, Sul-Xan, Bahsei and Coral Riptide are all top tier, but they take some effort to fully utilize. I'd recommend Whorl of Depths as the best all-around set. It requires no micromanaging, works on front or back bar, and does nearly as much damage as the sets above.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on November 15, 2022 1:27AM
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decided to play High Isle. Is unperfected Whorl of Depth a set worth farming? Will it me help get the pertected version when doing vet trials, or are other sets better? Ask because making a legendary unperfected armor set is very expensive.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to play High Isle. Is unperfected Whorl of Depth a set worth farming? Will it me help get the pertected version when doing vet trials, or are other sets better? Ask because making a legendary unperfected armor set is very expensive.

if you run the trial in vet, you get perfected drops from the bosses which also unlock the associated non-perfected piece if you didnt have it collected yet

normal is definitely way way easier to get through on dreadsail and could even be done with a pug group for the most part, you definitely wouldnt have to gold it, purple is fine and then when you get the perfected stuff you can replace it (the perfected jewelry for whorl is always gold so you dont need to worry about upgrading anything anyway)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have BSW, Elf Bane, Mother’s Sorrow, Sun, and Spell Strategist, all sets in legendary. Are these sets in gold better than purple Whorl?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have BSW, Elf Bane, Mother’s Sorrow, Sun, and Spell Strategist, all sets in legendary. Are these sets in gold better than purple Whorl?

the main big difference between the sets is that whorl has minor slayer (for max effective dps you need 1 set with minor slayer)

elf bane and the sun set are not very good for pve (elf bane has niche use in pvp though)

BSW/mothers sorrow/spell strategist are decent and can be paired with whorl or another trial set (if you dont have a trial set to use though, then they should be fine)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tJBzAfb8py4

There's also a link to a written build guide in the description.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tnx for replies, will use BSW and Sorrow for now then :):)