Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double telvar event

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
I have tried to get a response regarding the double telvar event we seem to be missing this year? It's the only event I look forward to and seems to have been overlooked somehow. Can a dev please provide some clarity as to why it's not happening this year? It is much needed given that cyrodiil is unplayable on PC EU. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill p.s literally nobody cares about capture the relic.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:23AM
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know when this is coming!
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if, instead of one big event, there was a couple of weekends with double Tel var. They did something similar with Battlegrounds last week, so I don't know why they can't do the same with IC.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an event cannot be found in the in-game Help menu, it is not going to happen anytime soon (Year One Celebration in this case). This is the list at the moment on PTS:
    epbxoki7rpf0.png
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Based on events that have been tested on the PTS, I am only aware of the event starting tomorrow, Witches Festival, and New Life between now and the end of the year.
    Edited by kringled_1 on September 28, 2022 5:26PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be dropped in as a surprise weekend like we have seen recently with BG and earlier in the year, rather than as an official event.
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't midyear mayhem, which just ended maybe a month ago, a double tel var event?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wasn't midyear mayhem, which just ended maybe a month ago, a double tel var event?

I should know this but am not sure, I think only IC event has double tel var. I spend the MYM event mostly in Cyrodiil.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There wasn’t any bonuses for tel var gains during midyear mayhem, only style pages drops from bosses.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think mayhem had a double bonus, but ZoZ had discounts in the tel var vendors.

• MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The double telvar event has been this time every year since release
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    November.

What are you basing this on?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is understandable that many events are now filling the calendar and making some of the events not appear yearly. Such as this double Tel Var event. Maybe they can make a double Tel Var weekend from time to time without event tickets and extra rewards.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    It is understandable that many events are now filling the calendar and making some of the events not appear yearly. Such as this double Tel Var event. Maybe they can make a double Tel Var weekend from time to time without event tickets and extra rewards.

Yeah, I think the telvar event should be a staple though.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November.

What are you basing this on?
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

Can we get an answer though?
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November.

End of October= Witches Festival
    November= Dark Heart of Skyrim Event
    December= New life Event

And Mayhem is double ap event not telvar.

Maybe 2023
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    November.

End of October= Witches Festival
    November= Dark Heart of Skyrim Event
    December= New life Event

And Mayhem is double ap event not telvar.

Maybe 2023

I seem to be the only one that cares about this event.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get an answer about this?? Why isn't the double tel var event happening?

@ZOS_Kevin
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    React wrote: »
    Can we please get an answer about this?? Why isn't the double tel var event happening?

I ain't Kevin but I do know the unofficial answer: they don't care about PvP. <3
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, so wanted to chime in here. We have passed on this thread and some of the general feedback about the lack of double Tel Var events. In chatting with the dev team, they are are considering ways to rolling more Imperial City aspects into Mid-Year Mayhems to help with this particular gap for additional Tel Var earnings. However, this is currently not definite or definitive. Still in the plans stages to see how implementation could work. Just wanted to highlight that here.

As noted, we have passed this to the events dev team and they will take a look at feedback in the thread. Hope this helps provide additional clarity.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, so wanted to chime in here. We have passed on this thread and some of the general feedback about the lack of double Tel Var events. In chatting with the dev team, they are are considering ways to rolling more Imperial City aspects into Mid-Year Mayhems to help with this particular gap for additional Tel Var earnings. However, this is currently not definite or definitive. Still in the plans stages to see how implementation could work. Just wanted to highlight that here.

As noted, we have passed this to the events dev team and they will take a look at feedback in the thread. Hope this helps provide additional clarity.

Thank you for this update, Kevin. It does mean a lot to get communication on stuff like this.

I don't think PVP players want you to roll the IC event into MYM. We look forward to our 3 seperate PVP events each year - the IC event, and the two midyears. Most people likely wouldn't want to have to split their focus between either earning AP in cyrodiil or earning telvar in imperial city.

If anything, the team really should consider implementing double telvar weekends once or twice monthly, similar to the battlegrounds weekends, if they are planning to cut out the imperial city event. Having a weekend monthly to look forward to would be a huge incentive for players like me.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

Thank you for this update, Kevin. It does mean a lot to get communication on stuff like this.

I don't think PVP players want you to roll the IC event into MYM. We look forward to our 3 seperate PVP events each year - the IC event, and the two midyears. Most people likely wouldn't want to have to split their focus between either earning AP in cyrodiil or earning telvar in imperial city.

If anything, the team really should consider implementing double telvar weekends once or twice monthly, similar to the battlegrounds weekends, if they are planning to cut out the imperial city event. Having a weekend monthly to look forward to would be a huge incentive for players like me.

I was going to reply but this covers every aspect of how I feel. Good job!
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't going to reply but I feel like I have to share my opinionn. I find it quite disheartening that a staple event thats been around since the early stages of the game can be brushed under the carpet by the developement team without even as much as an announcement. Midyear mayhem remains to seem a top priority despite the fact that it perforrms absolutely awfully and to be honest is an embarrisment of an event. The ONE time players that enjoy pvp can have a performingly sound event and experience is within the double telvar event and now that has been robbed off us with seemingly no reason. I haven't played ESO for a very long time now due to performance and I have to say the gap between what players want and what the developing team wants seems to be wider than ever. I appreciate you responding to my post after a couple of months but it is far from the response I or anyone else I know was hoping for.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also cast my vote for frequent double tel var weekends, good way to get people in IC.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder the games pops going down with this much incompetence. Why would you add it to double ap it makes zero sense and shows you don't care about pvp at all.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on November 16, 2022 4:48PM