The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Sticker Book—Ridiculous drops

JokerMoment
JokerMoment
✭✭
I haven’t done the math but it’s ridiculous trying to complete a dungeon’s set collection when there are something like 36 weapons to collect per dungeon—what’s makes it ridiculous is that you only have a chance to get a weapon in a chest or the last boss, none of the first 5/6 bosses will even have a chance to drop anything but the same body pieces you’ve already collected 20 times over.

Please ZOS, please, change the way loot drops inside of a dungeon. We shouldn’t have to run Crypt of Hearts 40 times to complete the sticker book.
VR14.
Master Crafter. All of It.
Barbaric/Daedric/Dwemer/Primal/Ancient Elf; All Races includin Imperial.
Will craft for small fee.
I'm able to make that Provisioning Writ that you need help completing.
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    do you want complete sticker book for one dungeon in two days or what?
    how many runs do you consider acceptable? 5, 10, 15? or maybe one run with full sets coffer in the end?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many runs do you consider acceptable? 5, 10, 15? or maybe one run with full sets coffer in the end?

i think the issue is that it takes ~5 dungeon runs to get all of the non weapons, but you need another 30ish runs to get all the weapons

so after the 5th run, all of the drops will be dupes outside of the final boss, or if you get lucky from chests
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • JokerMoment
    JokerMoment
    ✭✭

There’s always someone in the replies like this.
    I didn’t say give me every weapon in one run. I’ve played this game since day 1 on console, I enjoy the farming. I ran du veins constantly looking for divine and properly traited weapons; so obviously I’ll continue to do it, but you can’t tell me 45-50 runs makes sense; where only one boss drops weapons.

If every boss dropped an item you don’t have it would still take somewhere around 10-15 runs just to complete the sticker book for that dungeon.

And to answer your question fully—do I want the complete sticker book in 2 days? I don’t care how many days it takes. I’m talking about the amount of runs. And don’t even get me started on DLCs.

These forums have a habit of taking a simple complaint and making it seem ridiculous like I asked for every item to drop in a single run. Just something that makes a little more sense; I don’t need 40 individually body pieces while trying to farm the basic weapons sets.

Regardless this post didn’t get much interaction so I guess people are completely happy with the system.
    Edited by JokerMoment on August 9, 2022 6:01PM
    VR14.
  • JokerMoment
    JokerMoment
    ✭✭

i think the issue is that it takes ~5 dungeon runs to get all of the non weapons, but you need another 30ish runs to get all the weapons

so after the 5th run, all of the drops will be dupes outside of the final boss, or if you get lucky from chests

Exactly. It would be great if you could somehow prioritize the set you’re looking for through some sort of Looting Skill Line but that would most likely get locked behind the crown store.
    VR14.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time when people had to run several 100 runs in a dungeon for a single weapon, because it didn't had guaranteed drops.

And now people complain about those 30 runs to fill the whole stckerbook...

It is fine as it is now.
  • JokerMoment
    JokerMoment
    ✭✭
    There was a time when people had to run several 100 runs in a dungeon for a single weapon, because it didn't had guaranteed drops.

And now people complain about those 30 runs to fill the whole stckerbook...

It is fine as it is now.

Again. I did it. I know that time existed. Doesn’t matter. It wasn’t a good model the and it should’ve been updated when they made curated drops.

It’s not complaining to call out a bad model.
    Just like I’m not going to sit here and say you’re complaining in a reply to my post.

I’m glad you have an opinion but I have one too.
    It isn’t fine how it is.
    VR14.
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    Armor and weapons should drop from all bosses except the final boss which should also drop weapons and jewelry. That being said I can't ever stop being grateful for zos adding the sticker book. When I was farming fang lair for caluurions it at least basically guaranteed me a full set of armor even though I wanted it on jewelry and weapons. I also never got a vma staff despite playing the game for a long while prior to sticker book I always ended up getting something like bow or s&b. Farmed out all the rest after and literally got every weapon but a destro until they were the last 3 missing, but at least it acted as a psuedo bad luck protection and guaranteed that I would get it after a certain number of runs who knows how many runs deep I would of had to go until I got it prior to sticker book and I'm glad I never found out.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t done the math but it’s ridiculous trying to complete a dungeon’s set collection when there are something like 36 weapons to collect per dungeon—what’s makes it ridiculous is that you only have a chance to get a weapon in a chest or the last boss, none of the first 5/6 bosses will even have a chance to drop anything but the same body pieces you’ve already collected 20 times over.

Please ZOS, please, change the way loot drops inside of a dungeon. We shouldn’t have to run Crypt of Hearts 40 times to complete the sticker book.

And this is the main reason, why speed runners keep skipping secret boss.
    It's a game design failure.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop this whining. If you been here from the start this new system is a gift from heaven. Now i know i can get the weapon i want if i put in the effort. Before I could do 100 runs without the weapon i wanted dropped. For example when Burning Spell weave inferno was meta. I never got it despite doing like 60 runs in that dungeon.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »

Stop this whining. If you been here from the start this new system is a gift from heaven. Now i know i can get the weapon i want if i put in the effort. Before I could do 100 runs without the weapon i wanted dropped. For example when Burning Spell weave inferno was meta. I never got it despite doing like 60 runs in that dungeon.
    The absolute last item that dropped from the entire dungeon for me lol
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can also get a weapon from chests or trash mob drops, but it's not curated. You can also buy them now, because the way the stickerbook works, if someone doesn't bind their weapon, they'll get it again on the next run, so it's usual to see people selling runs for specific weapons. I think this system is dramatically better than what we had before: even if you have to run it 40 times, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Before, you could run something like vMA hundreds of times and still not get your drop. For eg., I ran FH a bunch of times lately to get Pillar daggers, and I got them at the very end when all but two of the Pillar slots were occupied, which was a lot of runs--sure it was extremely tedious (as all farming is supposed to be), but it had a definite ending. And even better, I can reconstruct them for my alt characters any time I like, without having to refarm the dungeon. The only criticism I have for the current system (and that has to do more with how jewellery crafting works, rather than the stickerbook itself) is that if for eg., you are farming a vet dungeon for a purple ring, and you want to get a second ring, or more rings for alt characters, you'd have to wait till all the stickerbook was done, and then deal with the rng, which doesn't make sense time-wise, so the only viable option is to reconstruct them, but given how jewellery crafting works, the mats can be a limiting factor.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's fine as it is. With chests dropping random items including weapons, it only typically takes around 30 runs on average to fill out a sticker book for a dungeon, compared to 50-ish if you somehow don't get any weapons in chests. It used to be sooo much worse. Yes, I'm one of those players trying to completely fill my dungeon and overland sticker books lol.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its game design. You want players to queue for the same dungeon so the queue times aren't long. Well if you have a tank and healer queueing which is never hence you have to fake a role to farm gear, that part sucks major ***.

Equip CP treasure hunter. Now simple chest will drop better items (better chance)

Always bind new items // lock the sets you need so you don't have to waste transmutes especially if it's divines or whatever trait you need.

Farm with a group. Curated drops among a group means it's a faster farming time.

Some carrys run dungeons and sell guarantee drops because they want gold so they don't bind the last item for sticker book. So bring as much gold as possible to get those daggers or inferno staff.

The final boss and chest will drop weapons. So skip skippable bosses and if people complain, *** em.
    I just want man flesh.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try working on the trial sets, Cloudrest is THE worst, no treasure chest to open and weapons only drop from the last boss. its frustratingly ridiculous
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try working on the trial sets, Cloudrest is THE worst, no treasure chest to open and weapons only drop from the last boss. its frustratingly ridiculous

not to mention that different stuff drops depending if its +0, +1, +2, or +3

almost the same way with the asylum weapons, requiring doing +2 to get perfected drops (or scoring on the weekly leaderboard if asylum is the chosen trial)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭

are you high? Cloudrest is the quickest trial in the game. Too bad players take forever. Also do it on +2 and +3 for more drops. Run with a guild if they haven't all died off.
    I just want man flesh.