The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Game+ like features

Gulkaur
Gulkaur
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone, I was wondering for a few days about this. Some player (myself included) who likes to play in certain characters and Role Play with that character. I was wondering if we could have some sort of new game & new game+ features to change characters decisions on quests. Many might say doing this will make the game different from other ES series it will ruin the uniqueness that the game shares with other series, and I am aware of that but this will be an optional feature and I would like to propose an idea of mine.

My idea consists of 3 parts. First of all, quests will not give any experience or rewards for completing them. In this way, the importance of the first playthrough CHOICES will continue to be preserved and the only change will be in the story of the players. Secondly, all the quests such as Main quests, Side quests, dungeon quests of all regions in the game will be reset (except for cyrodiil, pvp, crafting and event quests). Thus, players playing in the new game replay will be able to participate in the events that are active whenever they want and will not be left behind in any way. Finally, players will need to have earned certain achievements to unlock the new game feature. The achievements that will unlock this feature are; all Hero of the [X] achievements, all Champion of [X] achievements, all [X] adventurer achievements, all zone quest specific achievements and all prologue achievements.

I would like to know your opinions about this feature. Is it a good or bad idea, does it needs improvements and/or adjustments ?

Thank you all for giving your time to this discussion!

New Game+ like features 9 votes

Yes, this feature can be added./Sure, I don't mind having it.
22%
AmphithoeGulkaur 2 votes
Yes, but needs some more improvements before adding as a feature./Need some adjustments but why not.
33%
HrogunGreenRusBearSoarora 3 votes
No, this is a bad idea./This will ruin my game.
44%
White wabbitKendric5AmotticaSkaraMinoc 4 votes
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides that, it means there is zero reasons to do a story quest a second time outside of the ones a player really wants to do and even then there is a point where we are just doing it for the skill point and XP. Further, the current design is typical for an MMORPG.

So the idea will lead to even further reduced populations in zones.

A change for the sake of change is not going to happen. There is no benefit to the game and certainly not enough to make it worth the effort.
  • Gulkaur
    Gulkaur
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, this feature can be added./Sure, I don't mind having it.
    Amottica wrote: »
    Besides that, it means there is zero reasons to do a story quest a second time outside of the ones a player really wants to do and even then there is a point where we are just doing it for the skill point and XP. Further, the current design is typical for an MMORPG.

A change for the sake of change is not going to happen. There is no benefit to the game and certainly not enough to make it worth the effort.

I don't think you understand it correctly, this feature can't reduce the population of the zones it's actually the other way around. This concept is for players who LIKES questing, role-playing and learning about the lore and with their specific characters if they they missed or skipped the zones lore and characters because they wanted to level up quickly and get skill points and XP. Rather than opening a new character this helps player to redo the zones quests while re-populating them a little bit with high level players. With this feature maybe you can't get a benefit but new players can get help much easily than normal.

And with this they can give the players the freedom to choose the decision they made in the quests to their liking or preference.

This so called CHANGE is something that the MMORPG's are starting to adept via listening to their communities. I am not saying this is a "must" feature but it is a decant option to have for players that wants to RP in their own game. And besides this doesn't affect your gameplay unless you want it to. Think this as more like playing Skyrim where you are always playing as dragonborn but your appearance is the same while your decisions are different.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but needs some more improvements before adding as a feature./Need some adjustments but why not.
    I’d love to be able to replay quests on the same character but I wouldn’t want to reset all of them. Having the ability to replay already played quests as many times as I want (having no rewards subsequent times is fine) would reduce or eliminate quest stress for me.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gulkaur wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I was wondering for a few days about this. Some player (myself included) who likes to play in certain characters and Role Play with that character. I was wondering if we could have some sort of new game & new game+ features to change characters decisions on quests. Many might say doing this will make the game different from other ES series it will ruin the uniqueness that the game shares with other series, and I am aware of that but this will be an optional feature and I would like to propose an idea of mine.

My idea consists of 3 parts. First of all, quests will not give any experience or rewards for completing them. In this way, the importance of the first playthrough CHOICES will continue to be preserved and the only change will be in the story of the players. Secondly, all the quests such as Main quests, Side quests, dungeon quests of all regions in the game will be reset (except for cyrodiil, pvp, crafting and event quests). Thus, players playing in the new game replay will be able to participate in the events that are active whenever they want and will not be left behind in any way. Finally, players will need to have earned certain achievements to unlock the new game feature. The achievements that will unlock this feature are; all Hero of the [X] achievements, all Champion of [X] achievements, all [X] adventurer achievements, all zone quest specific achievements and all prologue achievements.

I would like to know your opinions about this feature. Is it a good or bad idea, does it needs improvements and/or adjustments ?

Thank you all for giving your time to this discussion!

I think an Idea like this would be interesting if they chose to implement harder overland too
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulkaur wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

I don't think you understand it correctly, this feature can't reduce the population of the zones it's actually the other way around. This concept is for players who LIKES questing, role-playing and learning about the lore and with their specific characters if they they missed or skipped the zones lore and characters because they wanted to level up quickly and get skill points and XP. Rather than opening a new character this helps player to redo the zones quests while re-populating them a little bit with high level players. With this feature maybe you can't get a benefit but new players can get help much easily than normal.

And with this they can give the players the freedom to choose the decision they made in the quests to their liking or preference.

This so called CHANGE is something that the MMORPG's are starting to adept via listening to their communities. I am not saying this is a "must" feature but it is a decant option to have for players that wants to RP in their own game. And besides this doesn't affect your gameplay unless you want it to. Think this as more like playing Skyrim where you are always playing as dragonborn but your appearance is the same while your decisions are different.

I understood the suggestion correctly. It is an assumption it would increase the zone population.

If a player truly LIKES questing, role-playing, and learning the lore as their driving interest in the game, they will not be rushing through quests and spamming space-bar. I know this as a fact because that is me. I did every quest in every zone on my first character. I took my time and the player you describe will do the same. On alts, less so as I had already seen it all though I did take it slow on quests that I enjoyed.

The player that is still interested in the quests but wants to rush to max level on their first character has options to level up fast and save the quests for when they want to play slower or they can roll an alt. So there are already options making this suggestion completely unnecessary.