Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mora's Whisper lead NOT droppong in ATOLL

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it does, you just have to use basically broken tricks that take like 4-6+ people 2 hours or so to get it.

Watchlings don't have a full sized loot drop chance, so it's effectively broken. Go to the last island in atoll and go to the fire pit, and ask if anyone is doing the watchling farm trick.

Took me 24 hours of grinding until folks figured out that particular trick
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    406upA8.png
    This lead was a nightmare, more often than not the little guys drop nothing at all not even junk. I tried various locations myself but ended up getting mine when I was in The Deadlands for something else entirely just a bit south of False Martyr’s wayshrine where there’s a group of 5. It exists so stick with it and good luck!
    Edited by RNGeeze on July 21, 2022 10:30PM
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its in the same category as the southern elsweyr portal lead .

I got that lead from a safe box in S. Elsweyr. It doesn't only drop from portals.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar challenge with the last lead for the Dwarven scarab pet. Killed 1800+ Dwarven Architons before I got that. But at least there’s a loop you can run in instead of exploring game mechanics to spawn more watchlings. Probably killed 1000+ watchlings by now as well.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible idea... I don't want to spend my time doing something so broken. I just hope for a change in the dev team which is designing such grinds. Really, it's not fun at all. You made some boring zones that most players don't like to play, and you put very desirable items in this kind of places to force people do content they don't like. Yeah... Deadlands was cool for a while, but it is such a boring zone, portal grinds and all that. Murkmire also, an other flop, you even gave it away for free at one point. Just get over it, make grinds more rewarding and not bugged.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 hours, over the course of 3 days, in which at least 3 or 4 times an hour some random would come by and full clear the area despite me begging them to stop, adding an additional 5 minutes of sitting around waiting on respawns.

Extremely tilting grind needs to be fixed. This is inexcusably awful, no lockbox grind is comparable, at least those continue to respawn throughout the area and you stay moving.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any luck here yet. In the meantime, I have got 2 more pale order rings within a few days.
    Xbox X- NA
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up after 3 weeks grinding watchers at the atoll, simply not worth the time spent. Hopefully they buff the drop chance in the future.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, excellent idea to have the lead drop from something that virtually never leaves a lootable container behind in the first place. :(
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I FIANLLY got the lead this morning. I got it from a random full-sized watcher next to cliff in the middle of the map west of Scourshales Wayshrine. :p

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I'm not farming the lead (after oakensoul I'm not wasting my time again) I have been in the Atoll a lot lately to level up my Isobel. I think all of the farming for this lead is really hurting performance. The wait time to get into the Deadlands is really long during peak times.

PS5/NA
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is dropping. I got it last night.
    I spent about 8 hrs total farming time to get it.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you DPS a watcher portal with friends hard enough and you kill it before it exits the portal you can farm infinity watchers
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol farming....
    you all don't know what farming is until you played Everquest. This game is a joke with time taken to get gear compared to Everquest. I once spent 48 hours straight in one spot in Everquest for a robe and still did not get it.

• nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Hands down the best way to do this is, group up with 2 or more templars:

1. Find the Portal spawn in the left top corner of Altars of Immolation.
    2. Aggro a small mob group on the left or right side they will spawn Watchlings. Deaggro them and as you aggro them again, spam jabs or any damage skill that activates without a target at the Watchling spawn portal.
    3. If you kill them fast enough they will continue to spawn indefinitely and you can kill hundreds in minutes.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    You dont have to kill yourself though...just kill the watchlings not the other mob run the mob til it resests, watchlings respawn soon as the mob comes back to his spawn location, rinse repeat. There are many spots this works. Everyone i know it has taken 100s of watchlings though, me included.
    Edited by Triplesixtyson on July 26, 2022 9:15PM
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    The watchers dont have to be from atol though, there is a few that spawn in deadlands every 5mins if you find those spawn locations and just keep running round it makes it really easy to get that lead (northern deadlands)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont have to kill yourself though...just kill the watchlings not the other mob run the mob til it resests, watchlings respawn soon as the mob comes back to his spawn location, rinse repeat. There are many spots this works. Everyone i know it has taken 100s of watchlings though, me included.

The problem with this is that there's usually players around who will kill the behemoth anyway so the cycle stops sooner or later. And it's not their fault either, since not everyone knows about this method, but it makes it harder. I don't mind that the watchlings are rare, I mind that they rarely drop loot, it's a rare thing upon a rare thing, an it makes it extra grindy. They should either adjust the drop rate or the loot rate (or both :)), because it's one of the worst grinds to date.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    Theres many watchlings spots though is what im saying. They arent all with behemoths. Look around i betcha find a nice one to farm with a friend...well i hope you do anyways. Hate seeing people frustrated. If ur ps/na I can help u out even 😁
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theres many watchlings spots though is what im saying. They arent all with behemoths. Look around i betcha find a nice one to farm with a friend...well i hope you do anyways. Hate seeing people frustrated. If ur ps/na I can help u out even 😁

this. there's at least on area in the atoll that has 4 spawns of watchlings. 3 of them can spawn repeatedly if you aoe damage fast enough.

the lead shouldn't be this hard to get, but this is the best work-around i've seen so far.
  • Triplesixtyson
    Triplesixtyson
    ✭✭✭
    I went for 3 of the mythics and this was the most challenging lead of the 15 leads aquired. But once me and a friend got a flow going we were able to get it and after i was able to help others do the same.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone got any tips for this? been trying to get it since chapter launch and i must of killed over 5000+ of things things and no lead....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for this? been trying to get it since chapter launch and i must of killed over 5000+ of things things and no lead....

There is no secret on how to get that. The drop rate is low enough to make getting it a glorified lottery. You might get it by exploding your first watchling ever, or not get it at all ever.
    I am quite surprised by the lack of revolting and pitchforking because of this particular lead.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does, but its drop rate is too atrocious. Good luck farming that in populated hours. You will need luck to be on your side. I finally got it after almost 6 hrs of nonstop watchling killings.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 8, 2022 9:14AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    ESO Hub made an article about the best spot to farm these a while ago: https://eso-hub.com/en/news/annoyed-eso-players-found-an-easier-way-to-farm-the-sclerotic-tentacle-lead-for-the-moras-whispers-mythic

The Sclerotic Tentacle lead for the Mora's Whispers Mythic is definitely the worst lead to farm of all the new leads. It kind of got overshadowed by all the QQ about the Oakensoul ring leads, I guess that is why ZOS never changed the drop rate.

Would be great if ZOS could take another look at it @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Alcast on August 8, 2022 10:31AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mora's Whisper Bloodshot Oculus Lead: Here is how I got it and it took me about 20 minutes.
    Thanks, this worked nicely for me, also took about 20 mins.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    farmed the upper part of the Pub dungeon and didnt' get it after 50 or so chests, dropped down and on 3rd chest in caves i got the lead. Might be something.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    for the Lurker-skin Sheath lead
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I finally got this lead last week. After months of grinding, I'd stopped looking for it, but I was leveling my Ember in the Atoll (my favorite spot for it) and it popped.

The other leads went quickly, but I'll never chase another mythic with a drop rate this miserable, *never*!

PS5/NA