Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is it possible to complete Ember's achievement?

Bekkael
Bekkael
✭✭✭✭✭
Specifically, launder an epic quality item. How can I FIND an epic quality item to steal? I've tried multiple zones, pickpocketing, safe boxes from private homes and businesses, all kinds of containers, but NO purple quality items, gold antiquity leads are actually way more common. Oh, except Zenithar's loot pouch which is not possible to launder!

Can anyone point me in the right direction if you've had luck getting that part of the achievement done? Everything else for Ember's favor is checked except that. Do I just have bad luck? Help! :lol:
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 8, 2022 1:05AM
~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pickpocket in Vvardenfell. 3 motifs drop from pickpocketing in the zone. It'll likely take you less than 30 picks to get it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • Monops
    Monops
    ✭✭
    Purple stolen items show up very rarely when picking pockets or looting owned containers. In my experience, your best bet for completing the achievement is picking pockets in Vvardenfell; a couple rounds around the Vivec City crafting area will usually score a Hlaalu, Redoran, or Telvanni motif (usually off the third pick/Blade of Woe). These count as Epic for the purpose of Ember’s achievement. Note that the achievement specifies “Fence”; for me at least, laundering the motif didn’t complete the achievement, but acquiring another one and selling it to the fence did. If you don’t already know the motif though, I can imagine that might be hard pill to swallow.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Pickpocket in Vvardenfell. 3 motifs drop from pickpocketing in the zone. It'll likely take you less than 30 picks to get it.

I will give that a try tomorrow, then, thank you. :smile:
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monops wrote: »
    Purple stolen items show up very rarely when picking pockets or looting owned containers. In my experience, your best bet for completing the achievement is picking pockets in Vvardenfell; a couple rounds around the Vivec City crafting area will usually score a Hlaalu, Redoran, or Telvanni motif (usually off the third pick/Blade of Woe). These count as Epic for the purpose of Ember’s achievement. Note that the achievement specifies “Fence”; for me at least, laundering the motif didn’t complete the achievement, but acquiring another one and selling it to the fence did. If you don’t already know the motif though, I can imagine that might be hard pill to swallow.

Thanks for pointing out it's for fencing and not laundering. I must have gotten it mixed up when I looked at the achievement.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My tip is to pickpocket. Certain kinds of NPC may drop specific items and what you should look for is this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Gaming_Die, which drops from these people https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Pickpocketable_NPCs-Drunkard
    You can also search containers for Daedric, Barbaric, Primal or Ancient Elf motif books or pickpocket or loot safeboxes in Vvardenfell for a chance to get Hlaalu, Telvanni and Redoran motif pages.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tip is to pickpocket. Certain kinds of NPC may drop specific items and what you should look for is this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Gaming_Die, which drops from these people https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Pickpocketable_NPCs-Drunkard
    You can also search containers for Daedric, Barbaric, Primal or Ancient Elf motif books or pickpocket or loot safeboxes in Vvardenfell for a chance to get Hlaalu, Telvanni and Redoran motif pages.

Great tips, thanks!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the Telvanni mages are particularly good for motifs and you get the added satisfaction of murdering slaver scum as you go. The motifs they drop also sell for decent values once laundered
    Too many toons not enough time
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Yeah, I was given the same advice after an unsuccessful set of fargrave loops and got a motif within 2 minutes of pickpocketing in vvardenfell.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the Telvanni mages are particularly good for motifs and you get the added satisfaction of murdering slaver scum as you go. The motifs they drop also sell for decent values once laundered

The only problem is that you have to sell the purple item to the fence for the achievement not launder. I pickpocketed a purple design and decided to launder it rather than sell it. This did not unlock the achievement. I'd probably still launder the Telvanni motifs anyway as the sell for a decent price as you said.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fenced an epic generic ring from a thieves trove and it counted.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this one has such very sticky claws she was not even aware it was an achiev as they are the last things checked >^^<
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear that you steal might not start out purple, but you can make it that colour to sell
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying this achievement now. Does a gold item count as a higher item, or does it specifically have to be purple?

Edit: Nm, I tried, and it didn't count. Not finding many people to pick pocket in Vvardenfell for some reason! Like everyone is gone. Mostly only guards around. Vivec City and Tel Aruhn. Is it because I'm done with the quests?
    Edited by ellmarie on August 16, 2022 2:46PM
    Xbox X- NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    I'm trying this achievement now. Does a gold item count as a higher item, or does it specifically have to be purple?

Edit: Nm, I tried, and it didn't count. Not finding many people to pick pocket in Vvardenfell for some reason! Like everyone is gone. Mostly only guards around. Vivec City and Tel Aruhn. Is it because I'm done with the quests?

you could just steal any ordinary gear item and upgrade it to purple and then fence it, upgrading it does not remove the "stolen" tag

i personally was looting lockboxes to find a purple item, but that was more luck based
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

you could just steal any ordinary gear item and upgrade it to purple and then fence it, upgrading it does not remove the "stolen" tag

i personally was looting lockboxes to find a purple item, but that was more luck based

omg thank you! I will try that!
    Xbox X- NA
  • kwaidan83
    kwaidan83
    Hey. Sorry to dig this thread up. I stole purple motifs in Vvardenfell and sell them to the fence but it did not unlock the achievement... did someone get the achievement by selling purple motifs? Thanks
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwaidan83 wrote: »
    Hey. Sorry to dig this thread up. I stole purple motifs in Vvardenfell and sell them to the fence but it did not unlock the achievement... did someone get the achievement by selling purple motifs? Thanks

it should work with any purple item as long as you use the "sell" and not the "launder" option, as well as making sure you actually have ember summoned when performing this
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities