The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Game overwrites usersettings.txt

Teddi84
Teddi84
Soul Shriven
how do i protect usersetting.txt from being overwritten by the game? It completely ignores "read-only", and I would like to save some changes in the graphics settings
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in most cases that file will update whenever you make changes in game to the graphics settings and it will update the file when you exit the game

it is also possible that certain settings you might be using are not valid for the game and it is overwriting with something that is valid

usually when i change the graphics settings i update them from inside of the game, the only thing i think i changed manually was raising the FPS cap
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options