The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Is plus a minus for you?

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
I don't feel I'm (we are) getting enough value out of a plus membership. Last I looked there was hardly any items discounted for plus members. In my opinion everything should be discounted for plus members. Why? Everything's overpriced to begin with so why shouldn't everything be discounted? I'm also referring to big discounts (50-75% off), not the discounts they've been giving. And what's the deal with this Gem thing? I have I think 28 gems. I wanted to get a horse costing 2500. How much real money is that gonna cost? Blowing money on a roll chance ... No chance!

So I'm just wondering how you feel about it? Are you getting a great value out of the plus membership? (besides bag space)

I understand that companies need to make money. But back in the day when you bought a game and an expansion or the next game came out you would get a big (loyalty) discount on the new item. Anybody remember that? Your dollar had much more value. The items in this store are not manufactured. Have no actual value at all. I think it's a shame how high they are priced.

Where's the loyalty discounts now?
Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on October 28, 2022 1:01AM
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think eso plus gives good value for what it’s cost. Crafting bag is one of the most essential things and playing without it might turn into inventory nightmare rather fast, access to all dlcs is big advantage as well since buying them all separately could be quite pricey, extra bank and housing space is huge too. Small perks like double transmute cap, faster research and extra gold and xp could be handy, especially for newer players. Is everything combined isn’t worth it? I don’t think so.

Important part though is that ESO advertising itself as b2p game, locking even that many advantages behind sub could look predatory to a lot of players, adding even more would be crossing the line of it being overly monetized rather than fun and customer friendly.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus is a minus because it turns every random vet dungeon into a random vet dlc dungeon, and takes 40 minutes instead of 10.

Most players that sub just do it for the craft bag, absolutely essential IMO. And there is the constant looming threat of an inventory nightmare if you ever cancel.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus is a minus because it turns every random vet dungeon into a random vet dlc dungeon, and takes 40 minutes instead of 10.

Most players that sub just do it for the craft bag, absolutely essential IMO. And there is the constant looming threat of an inventory nightmare if you ever cancel.

So much this.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I personally get out of plus:

-Double housing furnishing limit. Great for the houses I've earned through playing the game, makes it easier to fully decorate the space and make it lived in.

-Ten percent experience improvement is deceptively good, even at my current CP level.

-Double bank space. This is under-rated, genuinely. It gives me an additional 240 items' worth of storage, or the equivalent of all four large storage chests.

-Craft Bag. This, on its own, is the reason a majority of people sub, myself included. I could not physically hold the number of items I have acquired in my travels otherwise. Huge convenience, and in my opinion carries the value single-handedly.

-DLC access. While annoying sometimes (as Innos said, random normals have become saturated with DLC content due to the number of releases), this is a huge benefit to me. Since they give me 1650 crowns for my sub anyway, it frees up my money for cosmetics.

Important to note: since I sub almost entirely for DLC and craft bag alone, any crowns I get are "free". That means I have been able to get cosmetics and even race change/appearance change/ name change tokens without buying crowns.

All in all, huge value for my gameplay.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 28, 2022 4:57AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel I'm (we are) getting enough value out of a plus membership.

The crafting bag and double bank space itself provide enough value. For those that do not think they are getting enough value should consider dropping their subscription. Money talks.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plus is a must-have for me because I do DLC dungeons and I don't want to buy every single one. The bag and bank space is great but I think I could live without it if I had to.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not subbed now and the things I miss the most (aside from the bag) are bank space and dyeing my costumes. Also I'm not going to purchase dungeons DLCs and I like the crowns that come with the sub.
    I think ESO plus is worth it if you like the game, but I'm not sure that ESO itself is worth subbing.

I do miss free crown crates though and I dislike ESO monetization in general with it's gem exclusives and non-mount cosmetics in top-tiers of crates' loot
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped Plus a few months ago. I'm so rich in-game that Plus is mostly things I don't need anymore. The only thing I have really missed is occasionally adding an new object to my older characters' homes. I don't do DLC dungeons.

Mostly I stopped Plus because, after AwA and U35, it felt like I was uncritically rewarding failure.

And I've still got all these everlasting lightbulbs to play with, so who needs it.
    PC EU
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭

Amottica wrote: »
    I don't feel I'm (we are) getting enough value out of a plus membership.

The crafting bag and double bank space itself provide enough value. For those that do not think they are getting enough value should consider dropping their subscription. Money talks.

My sub ends this month. We will see how long I can last.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's not worth having all the time. I buy all the DLC I want to play and buy crowns when I need them, so the only benefits I want from ESO+ are the craft bag and dying costumes. I don't play enough to need it constantly, if I want it in between free trials or for longer than a week I'll buy a month, but I don't do it often.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased all the dlc minus dungeons, all the storage chests, the 3 inventory pets, I only have 1 home that's actually used as a home, the rest are furniture dumps, so other than the dye station, and an easier time managing inventory, ESO+ doesn't mean much to me.

I will however sub in a heartbeat if I'm going to need 1500 Crowns or so. I usually sub 5-6 months out of the year tho.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the type that doesn't mind paying a sub for a game I enjoy. Also I could never imagine playing without ESO's and consider the game being "free to play" a lie haha because things like the double bank space, the craft bag, and DLC access are essentials to me. I honestly do not know anyone who doesn't pay for the sub....
    [snip] That's why I'll defend WoW and FFXIV requiring a subscription to play any day; in those games the majority of cosmetic stuff, mounts, and etc are all earnable via actually just playing the game.... not paying for them. I pay the same price for FFXIV and WoW yet get more out of both of those games than the so called "free to play" one. I was even mad at myself the last time I was actively playing ESO before U35 because I did the math; I spent like 70 dollars on ESO in about two weeks. TWO WEEKS. That might not be a lot to many, but to me that was kind of a huge wake up call and one reason why I'm playing WoW rn instead.
    Also fair to mention GW2 here, a truly free to play MMO. There is no subscription at all. You're not locked out of anything or forced to go without and their prices in their cash shop are way more reasonable than ESO's. AND they have a built in function that will allow you to convert your gold to the cash shops currency instead of having to go through other players and risk getting ripped off.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 4, 2022 6:19PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get crowns, crafting bag, double the bank space, and more XP.

The crowns alone cover the cost of ESO+. Everything else is just gravy.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    Since we have both a sub and the crownstore which is needed for a lot of things to improve your account.

It would be nice if they gave you a little more crowns.

Something in the neighborhood of 1750 to 2500 a month.

I think it would incentivize more people.

As well as make it feel like there is not such a gate on critical crown merchandise.

Like assistants, and extra inventory spaces. As well as other things I'm sure I forgot to mention.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also think the craftbag is the biggest perk. However, I've made the switch to playing without membership for a long while, and it's not as nightmarish as you'd think. Also, for housing fans I'd say having double furnishing capacity is the other big perk of ESO+, especially for the larger houses, and as an non-sub it's something you can't really find workarounds for, whereas for inventory there are a bunch of ways you can manage it without the sub.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

We're like to leave a reminder after removing a few posts that the Discussion of Disciplinary and Moderation Action is against the Forum's Community Rules. If you have any questions of concerns over a moderation or action taken on the Forums, you are welcome to reach out to a Moderator. You can also review moderation actions through a ticket here.

Please keep the Community Rules in mind moving forward.
    Staff Post
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The craft bag and bank space are essential. Especially given I’ve been playing eight and a half years and have a lot of stuff stored up.

But I’d rather -not- own the DLC dungeons because yeah, they make the random queue take longer. I’d much rather just purchase the story DLC I actually care about.

I’d spend a huge lump sum (10k crowns?) on the storage conveniences and happily give up the crowns, extra exp, dlc access, discounts, monthly furnishings, double furnishing limits and costume dyes (Although only that last one is something I’d miss).

Honestly if I could just toggle off the DLC dungeons I would though. They’re not worth it to me. Dungeons in this game suck.
    Edited by Vrienda on November 6, 2022 1:35AM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly I stopped Plus because, after AwA and U35, it felt like I was uncritically rewarding failure.

Couldn't agree more. Sadly, I bought a year already by the time that fiasco hit. I wish I hadn't, because the only way to effectively convey absolute hatred for AwA is through money.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!