The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Embervine Delve boss bugged?

Lord_Draevan
Lord_Draevan
✭✭✭✭✭
On PC/NA, a gang of us are waiting for the Embervine Delve in Galen to spawn but it's been 15 minutes with no luck, is it bugged?
The weird thing is my compass indicates there's an enemy right in front of me in the boss' little arena that's aggroed to me, but there's nothing there? And once I leave the arena it goes away. Maybe the boss is up but we can't see it, like how the Unmaker boss in Deadlands was invisible a few months ago (though we could attack and be attacked by it, unlike this one)

EDIT: I logged out then back in, and the boss respawned several times within a 4-5 minutes of each other, I think there are just some Delve instances where the boss is bugged and won't spawn at all, but he will in other instances.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 5, 2022 5:50PM
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
NA/PC server
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    same on PC EU waited 30mins no spawn so logged off
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just letting you know we should have a fix for this in an upcoming incremental patch. In the meantime if you run into this issue, try leaving the area, make sure you're out of combat, then go back and try again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see I'm not the only one where the boss pops up on the compass. PC-NA. My tank companion does skills like they are in combat, but nothing to actually impact the enemy. They just do shields and lay down synergies.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, boss still broke today.

he seemed to be underground, one of the companions kept trying to attack it, but he couldn't be engaged.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry others are having problems with this boss spawning or appearing underground. I cleared this delve today and the boss was there waiting for me with no problem.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, I just noticed something. I managed to find an instance where the boss was not bugged. A friend and I killed it a few times, then it glitched out. The boss spawned like normal and we killed the frog phase of the boss. After that, though, the druid did not appear. I think that he spawned/stayed underground for some reason. I say stayed underground assuming that the druid is moved there while he is inside of the frog for the purposes of being concealed from the player.

Potential theory my friend and I have is that it happens when the frog is killed too quickly. This glitch occurred when the frog got rekt. As in, it did not even get an attack in.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Sorry for the @, but I feel like this could be helpful.
    Edited by MafiaCat115 on November 2, 2022 11:25PM
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still experiencing this bug. The patch did not work.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    I am still experiencing this bug. The patch did not work.

the "upcoming incremental" patch is likely the one on nov 14th
    I'm sorry others are having problems with this boss spawning or appearing underground. I cleared this delve today and the boss was there waiting for me with no problem.

its been hit or miss for me, one time i was able to kill him twice, and then another time he was bugged
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • poleth1984
    poleth1984
    ✭✭
    still having this issue. for the last couple days. the boss is either invisible or glitched. it does attack when i get close enough but i cant see or attack IT.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue:
    You are in combat and Boss cannot be seen, companions react to boss that cannot be seen.

Fix:
    1. Ensure you are not in combat. Head back to Inner Caverns if you have to get out of combat
    2. Log out, then log back in.
    3. Enter boss area.
    4. If not fixed go to step 1
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Issue:
    You are in combat and Boss cannot be seen, companions react to boss that cannot be seen.

Fix:
    1. Ensure you are not in combat. Head back to Inner Caverns if you have to get out of combat
    3. Enter boss area.

Tried this, didn't work.
  • SerLoras
    SerLoras
    ✭✭✭
    Issue:

Fix:
    3. Enter boss area.

Tried this, didn't work.

I had to log out and back in multiple times, but I did eventually end up in an instance that wasn't bugged. The boss is respawning every 5 minutes like he is supposed to in this instance.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    On PC/NA, a gang of us are waiting for the Embervine Delve in Galen to spawn but it's been 15 minutes with no luck, is it bugged?
    The weird thing is my compass indicates there's an enemy right in front of me in the boss' little arena that's aggroed to me, but there's nothing there? And once I leave the arena it goes away. Maybe the boss is up but we can't see it, like how the Unmaker boss in Deadlands was invisible a few months ago (though we could attack and be attacked by it, unlike this one)

EDIT: I logged out then back in, and the boss respawned several times within a 4-5 minutes of each other, I think there are just some Delve instances where the boss is bugged and won't spawn at all, but he will in other instances.

I have untaunted, that addon shows a small arrow over enemies, and for me it shows the boss is underground (sometimes companions fight the ground, so that might be it).
    For the devs I think the spawn of the boss is underneath the map, I'm hunting for lead for the new skin and I attempted to farm this boss but it never spawned.
  • HappyDan
    HappyDan
    ✭✭✭
    SerLoras wrote: »
    Issue:

Fix:
    3. Enter boss area.

Tried this, didn't work.

I had to log out and back in multiple times, but I did eventually end up in an instance that wasn't bugged. The boss is respawning every 5 minutes like he is supposed to in this instance.
    But that's not a fix, there is an issue with the boss.
    What you are suggesting in a band aid, not a solution
    Edited by HappyDan on November 6, 2022 7:59AM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug is so annoying, makes doing the saviour achievement impossible.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, this will be fixed in Monday's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Potential theory my friend and I have is that it happens when the frog is killed too quickly. This glitch occurred when the frog got rekt. As in, it did not even get an attack in.

I can support this theory because I killed this boss many times but only when few ppl was around. When they kill frog slowly (not burned in one second) then boss worked without any problem.
    Really sorry for my english
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS NA today tried the above steps and did not work.

Dismissing companion before entering door to boss area did work and he spawned immediately. I was able to then call companion and finish the boss.

EDIT: I also want to note that my companion was somehow causing the boss to spawn underground. The red banner was indicating the boss was active, and the companion was trying to attack boss and using skills and I could see the boss was there because there was a red dot on my compass and the borders of the screen were flashing red for in combat.

EDIT2: bolding out what worked for me since no one seems to be reading the solution
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 17, 2022 4:28AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This boss is still bugged. Waited for 25 minutes and didn't spawn. Can't finish the delve because of this bug.

Today is the Wednesday after Gina's post.

Edited by ProudMary on November 17, 2022 1:32AM
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    This boss is still bugged. Waited for 25 minutes and didn't spawn. Can't finish the delve because of this bug.

to support this theory last time i went into embervine, noone was near end boss stage there was no dead boss body and the boss never respawned no matter how long I waited as well. I think it's still broken too.
  • Kimberlyand
    Kimberlyand
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any update? Still bugged on PS. Didn’t have companion out and boss was clearly underground. Tried relogging a few times, no success.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno I am still getting the bug on PC, this definitely wasn't fixed.
  • Kazi92
    Kazi92
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, no companion active, no other player around and the boss does not spawn.

Waited around 15min.

Theres also no boss bar but a red dot on the radar when i enter the room, i made sure to kill anything on my way in but that did not help.
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    How does this bug still exist? It's been here since the delve was released, much like other dungeon bugs.

Big fail, ZOS. Big fail.
  • udavdasha
    udavdasha
    ✭✭
    Wow, the bug is still here and nothing helps - like all these advices to move in and out of the area or login/logout. The mob is definetely there, it enters combat, the red dot is depicting the enemy - all the same as described above. But its 2023 already >_<

EDIT: What helped me finally is logging out and then logging in to another characted.
    Edited by udavdasha on January 2, 2023 3:41PM
  • AboKor
    AboKor
    ✭✭✭
    Today is 7 Jan
    Boss still bugged - no respawn at all. Tried everything - reload ui, reboot game, die.....
    Nothing helps
    Furniture crafting PC EU
  • Terces
    Terces
    Still bugged, been logging in and out repeatedly trying to get an instance where the boss isn't stuck underground. No luck yet on PC NA. :/

Lost count of how many relogs, but eventually I found an instance where the boss was waiting and got my achievement. Definitely kill the frog slowly so it doesn't glitch.
    Edited by Terces on January 19, 2023 5:51AM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug is still present. Great work.
  • nerevoryn
    nerevoryn
    ✭✭
    Experiencing this bug as I type this.
    PCNA. Just mer.