The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

tell folks why you're blocking them before you do it.

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
Someone in the Olayves started a group for the crow and picks me up, not the first time I've been in on just sayin. I see the group go in I follow them in. Someone pulls it and we go at it. Since I was busy I didn't notice chat but I heard a sound and realised when it was over I wasn't in the group anymore.

I check chat because I'm a TYFG person, and I see a message to the effect "you just blacklisted yourself from any future group from me"
They must have blocked me because I attempted to reply with a ? but nothing. I addressed them in zone but nothing.

Well I feel bad this person was upset but I literally have no idea what happened and they did not say.

So my point is, if you are upset with someone to this extent in a pickup group, tell them. Everyone works differently and what they think is normal, you may not. But in the interest of group harmony, maybe let them know so they can address it with you.
PCNA
PCEU
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just solo it and ignore the drama.

If I a am ready I just go in and if there are some +crows I just invite to make it easier for some people (and faster for me) but I dont expect anything from them at all, they just could stand still and it would be ok for me. If there is no one actually asking +crow or no one joins, I just solo it.

But either way I wont wait for those persons that wrote +crow, so be ready or hurry up or you lost your opportunity.

Even wouldnt remotely think about kicking or blacklisting someone because of this fight also the only thing I could imagine that would annoy / be negative is if someone goes in before me and kills it himself solo, but this is the reason why I only start inviting when I am ready and because I am not patient I will attack and probablly finish it before you get in if you arent ready and take your time.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on October 27, 2022 9:21AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably one of those people who thinks everyone has exactly the same standards they do for everything, because it's obviously the only right way to play so if someone isn't brand new and also isn't playing the way they require the only possible explanation is they're trolling. In which case they likely also think they don't need to tell you why you're blocked because you will know what you did wrong, since you must have been doing it on purpose.

People like that aren't worth arguing with because they will never even consider other points of view, just keep explaining theirs over and over and over until you give up and they assume you've admitted they're right. Normally I'd say block them and move on but in this case they saved you the trouble.

In other cases however I agree it's worth taking the time to explain why you're blocking someone or kicking them from the group. In another game I had the equivalent of a level 40 with no CP joining a group for a vet dungeon, no matter how good they were they simply didn't meet the game's requirements to complete it. They didn't know they'd done anything wrong, they'd never played that activity before and didn't know what the requirements were, so before kicking them we explained why we couldn't keep them in the group and how to find one they could join. In the long run taking a couple of minutes to do that saved everyone trouble because without that explanation they'd probably have just kept making the same mistake until they assumed everyone was elitist jerks and gave up entirely.

The only other time I'd say it's not worth telling them is if someone is being excessively angry or abusive in chat. In the moment telling them you're blocking them is just going to give them another target to go after (albeit with limited means to do so once they're blocked). If it's a guild and you're an officer it might be worth sending them a message a few hours later when they've had a chance to calm down, but otherwise it's probably not worth your time to explain.
    Edited by Danikat on October 27, 2022 9:57AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, never engage further with someone you deem necessary to block. It can only lead to prolonging whatever situation there is. Just move on if you were blocked. You didn't know these people. They don't owe you an explanation.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely will not be telling people why I’m blocking them. Actually, I don’t even tell them I’m blocking them in the first place. I’m not sure why they’re mad, maybe they thought you pulled when they wanted to or they weren’t ready. Seems like they may be going through something though, I don’t know of any stable person who’d be THAT upset over that. So I wouldn’t think on it too hard.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    No, never engage further with someone you deem necessary to block. It can only lead to prolonging whatever situation there is. Just move on if you were blocked. You didn't know these people. They don't owe you an explanation.

Pretty much this.

My ignore list is pretty much empty in every game. When someone I do not know has an issue or some false sense of importance, I just move on as they are not worth my time. I suggest OP do the same, as that person is not worth their time.

Ofc, it is a different story if they had something real to say such as asking you to not do something next time. Then they are actually communicating with some common sense.

• blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually solo the crow but I'm levelling different toons and this one was not able to. It was just so weird that I was confused. I mean I didn't interact with them at all, we grouped (about 4 of us and some companions) and went in for the thing. So bizarre.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This actually made me laugh out loud. Not at you, @blktauna but at the person who thinks you will be crushed at the prospect of never grouping with this person ever again. Oh no, guess its time to quit ESO. :D

Someone who "blacklists" a player because of a crow group is not someone I want to group with anyway. If anything, this player did you a favor
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I add someone to my ignore list, 99% of the time it’s only for that day or a couple weeks. And I add a note containing why I ignored them.

I don’t like blocking myself from seeing what people say.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This actually made me laugh out loud. Not at you, @blktauna but at the person who thinks you will be crushed at the prospect of never grouping with this person ever again. Oh no, guess its time to quit ESO. :D

Someone who "blacklists" a player because of a crow group is not someone I want to group with anyway. If anything, this player did you a favor

Lol well I agree whole heartedly there ;-D
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking the same thing. And this was a pug to make funny. The ego of some people in this game.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like someone that you don't need in your life anyway. They did you a favor.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone :)
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Someone in the Olayves started a group for the crow and picks me up, not the first time I've been in on just sayin. I see the group go in I follow them in. Someone pulls it and we go at it. Since I was busy I didn't notice chat but I heard a sound and realised when it was over I wasn't in the group anymore.

I check chat because I'm a TYFG person, and I see a message to the effect "you just blacklisted yourself from any future group from me"
    They must have blocked me because I attempted to reply with a ? but nothing. I addressed them in zone but nothing.

Well I feel bad this person was upset but I literally have no idea what happened and they did not say.

So my point is, if you are upset with someone to this extent in a pickup group, tell them. Everyone works differently and what they think is normal, you may not. But in the interest of group harmony, maybe let them know so they can address it with you.

These are the people flooding the report system with reports about everyone else unfortunatly.. Its a worldwide epidemic bigger than covid imo!
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »
    blktauna wrote: »

These are the people flooding the report system with reports about everyone else unfortunatly.. Its a worldwide epidemic bigger than covid imo!

Only people I report are people being needly super abusive in chat, which has happened maybe once and bots.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last dungeon boss I was dealing with also wanted to know. So we started talking ... and then he killed me.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB