The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Class for a pure DoT build?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    way to get a strong dot if you wanted was to go towards a bleed build

duel wield masters 2h to buff bloodthirst/rending slashes (the dmg buff applies to both the initial hit and every tick of the bleed)

this could be combined either with a set that just buffs bleed or other dmg procs to add more dots

i would have to echo though that the biggest problem with a dot build in pvp is purge (especially because of stuff like maras balm)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Title says it all.

I‘d like to play a class that’s mainly focused on damage over time. I‘m having a Warden at the moment and wanting to play them as some kind of bleed / DoT focus build. But now I am thinking about Templar or Nightblade as well and not sure on what to play.

I already have a DK, Necromancer and Sorc, so they are not really an option for me to play at the moment.

So, two questions:

1. what do you think is the overall best class to play a build that’s focused on DoTs?

2. out of Templar, Nightblade and Warden which offers the best options for a DoT focused build?

I‘d even go as far as playing a hybrid for maximum DoTs. Which class would you recommend?

I do not want to play meta builds or do vet trials, I’m mostly playing individual PvP.

Thanks!

im gonna go against the crowd here and say warden.

the amount of damage that a pure dot bleed setup can put out on a stamina warden is unmatched in terms of pvp pressure. now i know alot of people are gonna disagree with me here but ill chalk that up to them never playing it or never fighting it bcs its not a very common setup for people to run.

in my exp playing many dot setups over the years in all sorts of pvp content, nothing has come close to the damage output of bleed stamden.

warden has so many % damage buffs which scale very very well with dots making them do a ton of damage. many people think its necro bcs of the passive or dk bcs of natural class dots but warden actually has more % damage increase than necro and also has a few class dots of it own that all happen to deal bleed damage and proc hemorrhage which is the highest form of dot damage outside of the burning status effect, which we can get from charged enchants on our weapons and have very good uptime on.

as for a build, i havent played it in awhile and a few people are gonna yell at me for exposing this on the forums but it would look something like this...

Master dw, dragons appetite, malacath or sea searpents if you needed a mythic, blood drinker or pillar of nirn for either procs or just flat bleed bonus.

growing swarm and bird of prey combined are whats going to make your damage on single targets skyrocket once all your bleeds are running, combined with constant bursts of health from sub assault your damage starts to be a little insane.

the specifics of the build are really up to you and your playstyle but this is just a base for it and i hope it helps and i hope that more people try this kinda setup to see the power of what it can do!