The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Whats the best healer setup for just 4man stuff?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
Jorvuld + SPC? Perf RO + SPC? Jorvuld + Perf RO? Just thinking mostly random / generic setup...obviously trials ROJO usually goes together and SPC+whatever lead wants...I'm not interested in healing trials, just random vets/arenas...thanks for any input.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell power cure + powerful assault + magma incarnate, thats 952 weapon/spell damage for the team.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Spell power cure + powerful assault + magma incarnate, thats 952 weapon/spell damage for the team.

yeah, thats good, i usually run PA + Magma on my necro tank...I guess that's where it just comes down to what the other people are using....figured SPC + RO or either + Jorvuld for the increased duration would be the most efficient just cause nobody other than a healer uses the sets....thank you for the feedback
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SPC + MA + Magma Incarnate, for full-healer with Pearls of Ehlnofey, for off-healer without.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use SPC+MA+whatever best fits the content (troll king, symph, or spaulder mostly). SPC+PA is another popular choice, though I don't do it myself.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my sorc healer right now is using magma incarnate + perfected pillager + hiti which i feel is a good mix of buffs and utility
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is MA? what is PA?
    Edited by SpiritKitten on October 28, 2022 10:09PM
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MA is master architect, PA is powerful assault.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run SPC and Jorvuld + earthgore. I'm thinking of switching to powerful assault because I only have the ice staff for Jorvulds and personally I'm finding the ice staff annoying to use.

PS5/NA
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dark Convergence / SPC or Olo / Magma. I run a lot of pug dungeons and having Dark Convergence is just amazing for grouping everything.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is MA? what is PA?

when you guys talk about healer sets but use only acronyms...those of us who would like to know don't know...so how about you can write out the set name?
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is MA? what is PA?

when you guys talk about healer sets but use only acronyms...those of us who would like to know don't know...so how about you can write out the set name?

Yeah for a lot of things (not healer stuff) I have the same problem. And sometimes I can't help but wonder are all those acronyms really not ambiguous? My daughter just says it's a new language, get used to it use it... sigh...
    PS5/NA
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an AAAA (An Adept's Advisory for Acronyms)

SPC. Spell Power Cure is a dungeon set that is found within the hallowed halls of the White-Gold Tower group dungeon.
    PA: Powerful Assault is a PVP set that you can obtain from Imperial Sewers pvp zone by queuing for Imperial City.
    MA: Master Architect is a trial set you get by running Halls of Fabrication trial.
    RO: Roaring Opportunist is a trial set, dropping in Kyne's Aegis trial.
    JO Jorvuld's Guidance is a dungeon set obtained from Scalecaller Peak group dungeon.
    Hiti Hiti's hearth is a dungeon set you get in Icereach group dungeon.
    Magma Magma Incarnate is a monster set with the helm residing in The Dread Cellar veteran group dungeon (last boss guaranteed to drop one of the three armor types for each person).
    Earthgore Earthgore is a monster set you get from the last boss in Bloodroot Forge veteran group dungeon.

Perf is a term used to denote the perfected version of gear obtained from Arenas and from veteran Trials.

As for my setup I run SPCPA when I need to solely heal, but for easier stuff (normal dungeons, non-dlc veterans) I use a hybrid setup of SPC combined with Nirn.

Nirn Pillar of Nirn is a dungeon set that you get in Falkreath Hold group dungeon. It is a dps set designed for damage dealers, and not a healer set. But in content where you chipping in 20-25k dps is better than you providing 300 additional spell/weapon damage to the 2 damage dealers it's great.
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    As one mentioned before SPC, PA, and Magma Incarnate are what I wear for dungeon healing. You can obtain powerful assault on the guild traders if you don't PVP as well. Another option instead of PA is Scorion’s Feast from Dread Cellar but it takes more micromanagement to keep a good uptime.
    Edited by bachpain on November 1, 2022 11:27AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when the server starts to be stable again, there is a new overland set from firesong dlc that might also be good

Medium – Phoenix Moth Theurge
    2 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    3 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    4 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 – Healing yourself or an Ally grants the target Minor Courage and Minor Force for 10 seconds, increasing their Weapon and Spell Damage by 215 and their Critical Damage done by 10%. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds per target.
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when the server starts to be stable again, there is a new overland set from firesong dlc that might also be good

5 – Healing yourself or an Ally grants the target Minor Courage and Minor Force for 10 seconds, increasing their Weapon and Spell Damage by 215 and their Critical Damage done by 10%. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds per target.

I don’t think it will take off since a basic tank set is yoln and dps already self supply minor force. So really it’s replacing one healer 5pc for a different tank 5pc which I don’t think is really worth it. We’ll see, though.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

I don’t think it will take off since a basic tank set is yoln and dps already self supply minor force. So really it’s replacing one healer 5pc for a different tank 5pc which I don’t think is really worth it. We’ll see, though.

i see more yoln in trials being used on an off tank, and the OP was talking about stuff they could use in a dungeon

i could see if working if you were in a more organized 4 man dungeon group to prevent buff overlap, but i could see it working in a pug too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i see more yoln in trials being used on an off tank, and the OP was talking about stuff they could use in a dungeon

i could see if working if you were in a more organized 4 man dungeon group to prevent buff overlap, but i could see it working in a pug too

I use yoln in dungeons… lol. I’m not a tank main though so I’m not sure if its the BiS for tanking. Regardless though, I don’t think many dps would give up trap or channeled acceleration since trap is a strong DoT and both have additional buffs and/or passives. So one of the two buffs of that set are already not something to look for in a healer. So now you have minor courage which is less spell/weapon damage than powerful assault with a 2 second downtime rather than no downtime (from the pheonix set, yoln has no downtime).
    Edited by Soarora on November 1, 2022 9:01PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use yoln in dungeons… lol. I’m not a tank main though so I’m not sure if its the BiS for tanking. Regardless though, I don’t think many dps would give up trap or channeled acceleration since trap is a strong DoT and both have additional buffs and/or passives. So one of the two buffs of that set are already not something to look for in a healer. So now you have minor courage which is less spell/weapon damage than powerful assault with a 2 second downtime rather than no downtime (from the pheonix set, yoln has no downtime).

on my dps i dont use either trap or channeled acceleration, never really liked either of them lol (and before saying anything, i know its not "meta" to do so, but dont really care lol)

i think yoln is BIS for tanks in trials at least (OT is usually using sax + PA and MT is yoln/TT/nazaray), but in a dungeon setting im not sure how much it gets run

if your using it there then it in dungeons then thats fine, but since theres only 1 tank, not every tank may be wearing that

a case i could see where it would be less useful is if your in a group with oakensoul users or a pack leader WW, as minor courage and minor force are oaken buffs, and pack leader WW passively gives minor courage to the group)

the other benefit to this set is it is overland, so easy to obtain if the user hasnt gone through psijic quests or running solo to get the buff when using something like vigor
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny
    ✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »
    Here is an AAAA (An Adept's Advisory for Acronyms)

SPC. Spell Power Cure is a dungeon set that is found within the hallowed halls of the White-Gold Tower group dungeon.
    PA: Powerful Assault is a PVP set that you can obtain from Imperial Sewers pvp zone by queuing for Imperial City.
    MA: Master Architect is a trial set you get by running Halls of Fabrication trial.
    RO: Roaring Opportunist is a trial set, dropping in Kyne's Aegis trial.
    JO Jorvuld's Guidance is a dungeon set obtained from Scalecaller Peak group dungeon.
    Hiti Hiti's hearth is a dungeon set you get in Icereach group dungeon.
    Magma Magma Incarnate is a monster set with the helm residing in The Dread Cellar veteran group dungeon (last boss guaranteed to drop one of the three armor types for each person).
    Earthgore Earthgore is a monster set you get from the last boss in Bloodroot Forge veteran group dungeon.

Perf is a term used to denote the perfected version of gear obtained from Arenas and from veteran Trials.

As for my setup I run SPCPA when I need to solely heal, but for easier stuff (normal dungeons, non-dlc veterans) I use a hybrid setup of SPC combined with Nirn.

Nirn Pillar of Nirn is a dungeon set that you get in Falkreath Hold group dungeon. It is a dps set designed for damage dealers, and not a healer set. But in content where you chipping in 20-25k dps is better than you providing 300 additional spell/weapon damage to the 2 damage dealers it's great.

This is actually a great idea. What are you going to use after Nirn gets a little bit of a nerf next patch?
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two setups.
    1) Spell Power Cure and Powerful Assault.
    The classic setup. Not much to say about it.

2) Spell Power Cure and Order's Wrath.
    OW helps with dealing Damage and Healing. That's why. Some Dungeons are so simple on veteran difficulty, that a "real healer" is a hindrance. You are actually clearing faster, when a healer is an third DD. With OW you can boost your base healing just enough to proc SPC and have a damage advantage.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly prefer (as a tank) if healers run spaulder. A lot of ot's who mt dungeons will wear pa, myself included. My typical setup right now is tt/pa/arch druid with void bash and i know a ton of ot mains that do the same. Spc for sure is tremendously appreciated though 😀
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

on my dps i dont use either trap or channeled acceleration, never really liked either of them lol (and before saying anything, i know its not "meta" to do so, but dont really care lol)

i think yoln is BIS for tanks in trials at least (OT is usually using sax + PA and MT is yoln/TT/nazaray), but in a dungeon setting im not sure how much it gets run

if your using it there then it in dungeons then thats fine, but since theres only 1 tank, not every tank may be wearing that

a case i could see where it would be less useful is if your in a group with oakensoul users or a pack leader WW, as minor courage and minor force are oaken buffs, and pack leader WW passively gives minor courage to the group)

the other benefit to this set is it is overland, so easy to obtain if the user hasnt gone through psijic quests or running solo to get the buff when using something like vigor

Yol is bis for tanks that dont have an arc in group (the zenas skill gives the same effect) in which case many will opt for crimson for group pen meaning no one has to wear alkosh the other option they may use is pearlescent. This is getting to be fairly common now.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on September 26, 2023 4:12PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are all these healer threads getting necro’d?
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is going to have their own favorite setup for 4 man, but I typically run SPC + Master Architect + Earthgore.

This gives major courage, major slayer when I pop my ult, minor slayer for me, and an all around strong group proc heal. I'll switch out Earthgore for a different monster helm though, depending on what we are running.

I have run Powerful Assault + SPC combo too, but I really like the major slayer proc when I use my ult. It gives more potency to my war horn when I pop it, which is really helpful for those moments you are looking to maximize your DPS window or just trying to burn down a boss during execute.