The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar brainstorm

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
What you using in bgs currently
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My MagPlar isn't my main (but I do BG alot), though I do have a new MagPlar I've been experimenting with that does pretty well (good kill/death ratio).

The build is focused on decent defense and speed at the expense of good spammable damage -- I rely on Radiant Oppression to make up that weakness.

Wearing 5 Aetherial Ascension for good resistance (crafted medium for passive damage bonus and speed), 5 Spinners for good pen and ok spell damage (weapon, jewelry, light waist), Kragh medium shoulder for more pen, and Oakensoul ring to get Major Sorcery at all time without having to slot/fuss with something like Degeneration, and all the other buffs.

It's build to play at range, primarily. Front bar (only bar, due to Oakensoul) is: Honor the Dead, Lingering Flair, Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Crushing Shock (Spinners Inferno Staff), and Dawnbreaker of Smiting.

Aetherial Ascension and Lingering Flare make you fairly tanky so that you can survive constantly being ganked and Dragon-leaped, but mostly you want to keep your distance and try to create opportunities to combine Crushing Shock with Dawnbreaker to get someone below ~30% then spam Radiant O -- which is a pretty powerful ranged execute. It's one of the few ranged spells that can actually kill anything in this tanky meta where DKs are all undead and hard to kill.

Biggest weakness is lack of a CC. You feel it.

Anyway, like I said -- I'm new to MagPlar, just experimenting. Would be very interested to get feedback on the build or hear/see what others are doing.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Front Deadly or WarMaiden (good but nothing to carry to the back bar)

Back Rallying Cry but maybe will try Mara

Engine guardian

Serpent’s coil or Markyn

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, this is what I'm running right now. It works extremely well in bg, which is my go to mode.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=486710

*showed stats are at full buff with tri pot, coil proc and 100 balorg.
    Edited by Syiccal on October 25, 2022 5:15PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    For anyone interested, this is what I'm running right now. It works extremely well in bg, which is my go to mode.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=486710

*showed stats are at full buff with tri pot, coil proc and 100 balorg.

Swapping the deadly belt to rallying cry belt and swapping the rallying cry boots to deadly boots would maximize your armor levels
    It goes:
    Chest
    Pants shoulders boots helm
    Gloves
    Belt

But solid looking set up otherwise!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea fair comment, I have all them peices so would take seconds to do
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go full damage. No one likes to play against tanky players. No one likes to take five minutes killing anything.

I am in war maiden, 1p slimecraw, oakensoul and new moon acolyte, all light. Run fire staff sharpened with lover mundus.

I have 6.7k spell damage, 18k penetration, 40% crit, and 80% crit damage buff. (Slightly lower stats for BG's as these numbers are with CP)

I run dark flare, javelin, radiant destruction, mist form, honor the dead, meteor/ soul assault.

I run detect/magic pots and even have invisible pots on standby.

I am stage 4 vamp and I like to try and get into stealth often using vamp passive.

It's not an easy build. It's hard to go offensive when ur getting beat on because by the time you flip to offense you are half health.

I normally run between 15-25 kills in a BG. My highest was 45 KB in one BG. Super tanky 1vX sweatlords are a pain. But I'm ok with it. Being able to pull three times their kills is all I need to feel like I did something.

GL
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Go full damage. No one likes to play against tanky players. No one likes to take five minutes killing anything.

I am in war maiden, 1p slimecraw, oakensoul and new moon acolyte, all light. Run fire staff sharpened with lover mundus.

I have 6.7k spell damage, 18k penetration, 40% crit, and 80% crit damage buff. (Slightly lower stats for BG's as these numbers are with CP)

I run dark flare, javelin, radiant destruction, mist form, honor the dead, meteor/ soul assault.

I run detect/magic pots and even have invisible pots on standby.

I am stage 4 vamp and I like to try and get into stealth often using vamp passive.

It's not an easy build. It's hard to go offensive when ur getting beat on because by the time you flip to offense you are half health.

I normally run between 15-25 kills in a BG. My highest was 45 KB in one BG. Super tanky 1vX sweatlords are a pain. But I'm ok with it. Being able to pull three times their kills is all I need to feel like I did something.

GL

I like the sound of this build for MagPlar, Baconlad.

I'm wondering how you get 18k penetration? I don't see any source of breach on your bar (elemental susceptability, power of the light) or in your gear? Going all light armor gives ~6.5k, lover ~2.7K, sharpened 3.2k = 12.4k? What am I missing?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ur math is wrong.

-CP gives some
    -7 Light armor
    -One piece skoria
    -Lover - full divines
    -Sharpened
    -Plus there's an extra bonus on new moon acolyte.

It adds up. And you will die alot at first but spend some time on it and find out that you'll generally kill 2-3 times the amount that you die. Rarely though a bad composition of super tanky ultimate dumpers will ruin ur day with over and over deaths...or gankers...they suck too
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp is like 1k
    7 light 7k
    1 skoria 1k
    Lover full divines...4k?
    Sharpened 3k
    Nma 1k

Yeah I guess that checks out, about 17 or 18k
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I figured it out. You had 1pc Slimecraw rather than 1 pc Skoria in the original post (+1,487 pen).

Also, I forgot the +1,487 on New Moon Acolyte, AND I didn't account for 7 divine traits (1,743 pen), AND I didn't account for CP, because I play mostly non-CP battlegrounds.

So, in non-CP, with your build (but I can't go all divines and no impen in No-CP), I'd be at ~ 15,567 pen. Which could work.

I'm excited to try your build!

My current Magplar build is alot tankier than yours (5 aetherial ascension, med) but I like the strategy of melting down opponents with high offense before they have a chance to hit you much. Getting cc'd with talons back to back could be tricky though... ;p

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.