The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will I still get the legendary companion jewelry in my reward box?

ArchangelIsraphel
ArchangelIsraphel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The Hero of High isle reward box drops a piece of legendary companion jewelry- however the character I accepted the box on has not currently activated a companion or done a quest to get a companion. I accidentally accepted it on the wrong character, and do not have time to do a companion quest today.

Will I still get the legendary jewelry in my hero of high isle reward box if my character has not gotten a companion yet?

Or, can I still open the box in my inventory after it is no longer in the cash shop to receive the reward when I have time to do a companion quest?

@ZOS_Kevin perhaps you might be able to answer my question if a player cannot?

Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 31, 2022 7:12PM
Legends never die
They're written down in eternity
But you'll never see the price it costs
The scars collected all their lives
When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
Legends never die
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are going to take anything out of your inventory, and I didn't see a timer on the item itself. So most likely as long as you claimed it on time, you can open it to get all the rewards later. But, I can't tell you that for sure.

Their page made it sound like the companion is required to get the ring, but I've also heard rumor it's not the case. Personally, I'd open it with Ember later (shorter quest), but that's me.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have companions at all, and all of the boxes had that companion ring in them. I've one left to open - because that account main isn't CP 160 yet.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ArchangelIsraphel Just chatted with a dev team member to get clarity on your questions.
    Will I still get the legendary jewelry in my hero of high isle reward box if my character has not gotten a companion yet?

The answer is yes. You can still get the jewelry even if you haven't gotten a companion yet.
    Or, can I still open the box in my inventory after it is no longer in the cash shop to receive the reward when I have time to do a companion quest?

The answer to this is also yes! As along as you have claimed the pack from the Crown Store, you can active the box whenever. So you can wait until you get a companion and then trigger the box.

Hope this helps! And @spartaxoxo had a great suggestion for a companion if you want to save some time. But all of the companions are great in their own way.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tested this on my NA level 4 event character without any companions unlocked, yes you get the golden companion gear.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin thank you so very much for going above and beyond to get a direct answer to my question. I truly appreciate it!

And thank you to others who answered my question as well!
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on October 20, 2022 2:06PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The description on the Ascendant Box states you can "open it at your leisure" and it's true: I still have one of the Nafalilargus boxes in my inventory and those are from 3 years ago (I just thought the idea of that reward was really cool and wanted to keep the box as a souvenir).
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the OP getting their questions answered regarding legendary jewelry in the hero of high isle reward box, we will now close this discussion from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.