The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some questions about being a werewolf?

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
I was in a dungeon and running passed me was this werewolf that was just tearing everything up in its path. So I decided to look into becoming a werewolf myself or I should say my character. I now have a stamina Orc sorcerer (lvl 15) and I'm following these two guides.
ESO Werewolf Guide – How to become a powerful Werewolf!
Powerful SOLO Stamina Werewolf Build for PvE ESO Elder Scrolls Online
Both by Alcast and as you see this is for PVE.

1. I don't see many werewolves running around so what's the drawback?
2. Are these good guides to follow? Better ones?
3. Would you be making any changes to sorcerer skills (see pic below) or champion points (below) from what the guides tell us to do? I have 280 CP available.
I believe Alcast mentioned we could use any first or second bar stam weapons. Something else?

I don't have much experience yet with a werewolf but it seems like it's a win win situation. It's just an ultimate slot and I could use it if I want to or not. So why doesn't everybody have this tool in their toolbox? There must be some reason(s).

Based on the guides info I decided to choose Orc and sorcerer.

cexx7h2u5c43.jpg

6cyiy8wl5nsr.jpg

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on October 30, 2022 2:20PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. I don't see many werewolves running around so what's the drawback?

Werewolves are fantastic when you’re new but a well made build does more damage than a werewolf. The stamina cost of abilities is also very high (to the point I run a stamina sustain 5pc, but I’m not sure if its necessary or not. Depends on if you light attack spammable/heavy attack spammable/skill spammable, etc.). You’re also more vulnerable to poison which doesn’t really matter in pve but if you go to pvp beware.

2. Are these good guides to follow? Better ones?

I don’t really trust Alcast but I don’t know of any good builds myself. I’d look up stamina sorcerer and then throw werewolf on top of that. Bow/bow stamsorcs have been absolutely killing it recently.

I have a bow/bow stamsorc werewolf, she’s been my main for years. Good enough for battlegrounds and overland but not meta by any means. Very fun though!
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply

Follow up questions for anyone.

What Mundus Stone?

Below lvl 50 craftable armor sets? What two would you choose?

If not Alcast then who?
    Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on October 30, 2022 4:03PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me personally the issue with werewolves is that you're just stuck with the same five skills. No variety, gets a tad dull.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Warden has one of my armory builds saved with werewolf.

I don't use it often because it's low damage and horrible sustain, but it can be fun for overland pointless content when you're messing around.

For levelling I would always say go with Adept Rider and then either:
    Tank: Fortified Brass
    DPS/Healer: Order's Wrath

Adept Rider gives Major Gallop and Expedition (people are obviously going to go 'but I get major gallop from pvp line' which would matter if we're talking about once you get to 50 and don't need the Major Expedition anymore but actual damage sets).

For levelling, your damage is not good. You're going to be capable of doing 5-10k dps and so worrying too much about output isn't that necessary when your goal is to get to 50. Moving quicker will help you level quicker no matter if you level in dungeons, questings, dolmens or skyreach/spellscar/blackrose.

As for Alcast, Deltia, HacktheTaurus etc their guides are good - provided you understand the caveat in that they're not designed for you until you go into veteran-grade organised groups where sustain is not an issue, you're chugging 24/7 potions to maintain basic buffs and you actually need harness magicka sometimes. So I wouldn't know the guides, they are fantastic for the content they're designed for - veteran trials in organised groups.

You could use any of the following Mundus Stones:
    Thief - standard, default damage. Adds crit rating
    Shadow - lesser used option because in organised groups you will hit crit damage cap. Adds crit damage.
    Steed - move quicker while levelling, not really for level 50 content. Adds 10% move and health recovery.
    Serpent - Woofers struggle on sustain, having to heavy attack isn't great for damage. Adds stamina recovery.

Any of those options will work just fine, depends on your view of things. If you don't know, pick Thief so you dont have to listen to everybody argue that 'thief is best'.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast‘s solo werewolf build is my to-go setup, plus the Oaken… mythic ring. Survivability in (solo) dungeon content is decent, and that‘s all I need to be happy.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your input.

I'll check out Adept rider and I've used Order's Wrath on other characters. I'm currently using Dragons Appetite (bleeding) 7 traits to build and found in Western Skyrim. Also Legacy of Karth (off. penetration) 6 traits to build and found in The Reach. I hadn't used either of these before and thought Dragon's would be good because of the bleed thing.

dmnqwk mentions the drawback using builds found on the net. Which is true. Except I will say that Alcast does give an occasional guide for complete beginners. Here is an example which I found to be excellent.

Magicka Templar Beginner Guide for ESO

New Player Beginner Guide Tips & Tricks for ESO

As Soarora mentioned I'll be looking at Stam Sorc builds. Snamyap, I look at it this way. My other Ults are one press and done. This one will have five more buttons to press eventually. Ye_Olde_Crowe, one for Alcast.

Another question, light, med, or heavy armor for this werewolf? Or a mix?

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 2, 2022 11:09AM