The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I got Locked out of buying anything in a game today.

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I am quite new to ToT but I am not stupid I clicked on fast and am nearly at rubedite after only like 35 actual ranked matches and only over a course of 3 days.
I haven't levelled the roister club yet so I do not have the last 2 decs and don't have practical experience with them because of that.
The black deck, I played once in casual a few days ago when I was learning the game.

Anyway today I had a match in voidstone ranked and some guy had the black deck, and the orange kajit deck, I did my usual gameplan of buying cards if they are there and worth buying and slowly changing the default cards to upgrade them for coin.
Opponent had the first move and he picked the 5 kajit card that gives 4 coins and 2 combo change tavern cards.
After that I was screwed,
After the second turn for him he had 12 coins and was swapping cards constantly so much that I did not even have enough coins to buy anything. Even after changing all my base cards to writ 2 coins I could barely get anything.
he had constant agent cards, was destroying cards, changing tavern cards.
Thing is at any point after a few goes he could have just cashed out using the purple patron and all his power and won but I think (I know) he was just longing it out for fun, constantly using his power to draw new cards from the black patron, changing the tavern so I could not buy anything, buying whatever I could buy to even compete and not actually playing it himself, so obviously he was clearly buying the cards and just destroying them.
This match went on for ages and I knew I was doomed. I conceeded, first time I have done it.
I'm not really vexxed at the guy because if that is what the game is, but it seems a bit strange that there is a specific way you could actually and purposely lock others out of actually buying any cards and just steam roll them.

***!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Thing is at any point after a few goes he could have just cashed out using the purple patron and all his power and won but I think (I know) he was just longing it out for fun...

I've seen this happen several times. Some players purposely don't use the Patron to secure the win because they get some kind of pleasure out of dragging it out. I concede in these cases and don't give them the satisfaction.
    PCNA
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is at any point after a few goes he could have just cashed out using the purple patron and all his power and won but I think (I know) he was just longing it out for fun...

I've seen this happen several times. Some players purposely don't use the Patron to secure the win because they get some kind of pleasure out of dragging it out. I concede in these cases and don't give them the satisfaction.

I am gonna keep this in mind. Also from another thread you mentioned about people longing out the 90 secs in every turn. I have encountered this too, seems they might be doing it in an attempt for me to quit on them so they get the easy win.
    Well I have patience and just drink a cup of tea.

FYI, I mentioned and asked you in your other thread about how long to get to rubedite.
    Well I got to rubedite yesterday, only done 46 ranked matches. So in 3 days sparingly playing the game.
    I was genuinely thinking it was gonna be like a fighting game ELO where each month on the reset it would take a month to climb but it seems the orc-rub initial ranks are just simple prerequisite ranks for the leaderboards.
    I was also trying to actually get on the leaderboard to see what rewards it dropped.
    Lowest rank on leaderboard this week is like 800 something and after a few wins I got up to 499, but then I lost a few and am down to mid 200s.

My main issue is the black deck, I just dont have it unlocked so cant practice with it on NPC matches and when I get it in a match I am normally loosing.
    Also like above it seems to be as soon as someone gets the orange deck combo card on the first go, the one that gives 4 coins and a tavern change on combo, they win. That card just puts them/us in such a high gold advantage from the get go the momentum seems to be hard to impossible to return from. It is like they can get 4 or so cards before I have even got enough money to get one.

Anyway it seems that after this season which ends in a few days I will have no reason to play ToT. I like the game it is a cool mini game but I am only playing it for the in game achievements.
    I gotta get to master club rank and pay 100 PvP matched (done over 50 now) and it seems PvP is the easiest way to rank up the roister club but unless there really are great rewards for getting on the leaderboards then there is no reason for me to continue to play after getting the achievements.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on October 29, 2022 6:40AM
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭

Or better yet, run the timer. They are griefing, so bore them back. Its their time they are wasting by prolonging the game on purpose, don't give them the satisfaction of an easy win.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ToT equivalent of a Tank Meta.
    PvP needs more love.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

Or better yet, run the timer. They are griefing, so bore them back. Its their time they are wasting by prolonging the game on purpose, don't give them the satisfaction of an easy win.

:*
    PCNA