Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Guild Spotlight - The Noore"

• Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bobbyx‌

though i haven't met you yet, the stories about you and your solo defence - ending in you sitting in a chair at the final keep, are legendary - always good to meet fun players - regardless of their in game alliance

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • bobbyx
    bobbyx
    ✭✭
    Thanks man i try. I have saluted you before after you have been defeated as i do with most that fight me weither there in groups or solo. Or at least i have tried, need to be out of combat for awhile before i can salute and by that time im being attacked again.
    But Always fun running into you and your team. Keep up the good work.

Speaking of sitting in a chair at the final keep.... http://i.imgur.com/0izRxCQ.jpg
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobbyx wrote: »
    Thanks man i try. I have saluted you before after you have been defeated as i do with most that fight me weither there in groups or solo. Or at least i have tried, need to be out of combat for awhile before i can salute and by that time im being attacked again.
    But Always fun running into you and your team. Keep up the good work.

Speaking of sitting in a chair at the final keep.... http://i.imgur.com/0izRxCQ.jpg

Epic picture!

you earned a ton of respect that day :)

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • KillHimPlz
    nice story and intreview...
    like to share this one with you:
    once upon a time; i was with few guild mates in the public dongeon, we sow another two players runing around... we continue our quest... few secs later, in the /g1, we sow this msg : but you pass by us wihtout saying anything?
    first time, in a MMO, that we cross guild mates without even see that they'r ours.
    true story.
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Bobbyx - class act, class vamp. Sucked me through a straw more than once...someday this Noore hopes for a different outcome
    Edited by CMz on May 1, 2014 5:59PM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KillHimPlz wrote: »
    nice story and intreview...
    like to share this one with you:
    once upon a time; i was with few guild mates in the public dongeon, we sow another two players runing around... we continue our quest... few secs later, in the /g1, we sow this msg : but you pass by us wihtout saying anything?
    first time, in a MMO, that we cross guild mates without even see that they'r ours.
    true story.

they are coming out with some form of guild identification/tabards or something

some members when in a group don't even look at typed guild chat, but rather chat in voice comms - and so that feeling of being 'overlooked' can occur all too easily with guild identification not in place yet

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 1, 2014 7:37PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• StihlReign
    StihlReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    bobbyx wrote: »
    That is indeed a true story. I do remember a couple weeks ago DC was dominating all the time. Tables have turned and for whatever reason we have not regained it back. But that is ok with me. More AD to fight!

Now this is the truth...from the Bobby the Legend himself!

Great job Noore, and thanks for the feature ESO!

fun times ahead :)
    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!

Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy’s fate in our hands.” – Ch. VI, v. 8-9. — Master Sun Tzu

"You haven't beaten me you've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." — Ra's al Ghul

He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious — Master Sun Tzu

LoS
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Utherix‌ As a member of the Noore, I joined to play as a Bosmer archer. Some may play as Vampires, some may not. Unfortunately generalisations are often wrong.
    Edited by jelliedsoup on May 1, 2014 11:34PM
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • the_reveler
    Varian from DC here. I enjoy that I'm able to slay Elves on a daily basis unlike in the first week of the Campaign. Also glad that there's now a killable emperor ;)
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varian from DC here. I enjoy that I'm able to slay Elves on a daily basis unlike in the first week of the Campaign. Also glad that there's now a killable emperor ;)

it's my stubborn streak - i can't even logically explain why i don't go vampire and spam batswarm at everybody in sight - that seems to be all the rage - not knocking it - it just seems, to me, wrong somehow (ironically i don't have an issue with the VR10 batswarm dk guys - everybody has the opportunity to build one - they are amazingly powerful and can wipe us out by the dozen if we're careless - we just treat them like they were a big boss and heave a sigh of relief when he finally falls)

D
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats The Noore, it was a shame the Dawnbreaker alliance fell through and I never got a chance to play with you guys.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • david_gallb16_ESO
    Being an Officer in the Noore, I have to say that I am proud to be a part of this great community!
    Sure, there's jealous people everywhere, but to that I can only quote Athene:
    "I put 'dem Jellies on my toasties!"
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would join, but im not dominion:/ and will not be for e very long time. mainly due to many players in AD using cheap exploits in PvP(at least in the campaign im in) as well as just being a bunch of jerks
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    however, I always liked the khajit, so I may just give it a go.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats guys on being featured. I was actually looking for an AD based guild and submitted the initial app. Sadly I am probably not going to pursue it because of the stipulation regarding characters in other alliances. I understand in terms of PVP implementing a rule about not signing up for your guilds' primary campaign if you choose to alt in another alliance. But no chars in other alliances period is a bit controlling for my taste. Wish you the best of luck!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VirtualElizabeth‌

we sincerely wish you the best of luck in finding a 'home' in ESO also - what might seem controlling to some, is something that all of our members embrace - having the common goal and purpose of being solely AD focused and dedicated has its benefits - and we recognize that won't work for everybody

ty for your congratulations

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy engaging in combat with The Noore, we have some pretty intense fights I would like to believe. Hopefully we show ourselves as worthy of an opponent as they are to us.

(For us it's mainly a numbers thing, we just need to recruit some more Teamspeak PvP'rs but we are pretty selective because you have to be able to follow orders in battle and not have thin skin.)

Chryos
    The Society of Shadows
    Edited by Chryos on May 3, 2014 6:59AM
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Trooth
    Trooth
    Soul Shriven
    Congratulations on the guild spotlight. It sounds like you all are enjoying the game and know how to have fun, which is the whole point of playing a game.
    VOKUNDEIN
    Legend Gaming Website|Join Vokundein
    Trooth – Oathsworn of Vokundein
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chryos‌

ty

when we see you guys show up with your dark talon bat swarming dk's we're always like 'we have our work cut out for us now'

good fun playing with and against you guys, and ty for helping make skull crusher start to thrive as a great campaign

twice in the past 10 days we have lost all the inner keeps/throne, and many times been down to just one or two - 2-3 weeks ago the map was always blue - now it's predominately yellow - red's turn will for sure come - it's part of the ebb and flow of power within a campaign

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 3, 2014 4:59PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we've been working with two other really good guilds so thats making a difference too. I want to ask what timezone do you guys play on? We start our pvp roughly around 7ish pm Eastern time. I think some of the problem is we might be missing each other, seems like you guys come on later? I want to make sure you guys are online when we are so we can have some good fights. I can definately tell when we arent fighting ya'll.

I wish tho, there was some way to tell from a distance "Oh sheet, it's The Noore" and vice vera. There should be a better way to see who your fighting against, I think it's make it more fun. I could be wrong tho.

(I hadnt forgot about our discussion on an old school ground battle, my main computer is out for repair and this one isnt ESO friendly to play on, so itll be a week or two before im back in the pvp saddle)

Very Respectfully,

Chryos
    The Society of Shadows
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chryos‌

we'd love to organise something along the lines we had been talking about - an open, defined boundary field of battle - 20 v 20 - no stealth, no abilities other than passives - just good old fashioned weapons and bows

give me a shout when your puter gets sorted out

D.
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also consider myself priviliged to be part of this wonderful community. The people I have met in this guild have all been so extroverted and friendly.

It's an amazingly therapeutic thing to be part of a PvP crowd which is very laid back, composed and humorous - and still be able to kick butt on the battlefield (and laugh at our own screw-ups, too).

I have no idea how the guild has gotten this "elitist" reputation because quite frankly, I have never met a more forthcoming group of people who still operate at a competitive level. We're by no means a hardcore PvP guild filled with min/max'ers, but we're apparently good enough at what we do to get stigmatized as such.

As mentioned elsewhere, I think we only have about a handful of both vampires and werewolves - some of our most dedicated PvP'ers. I can understand that the vampires might stand out, but the werewolves we get to laugh at ourselves over their constant struggle to build up their ultimate only to have the animation cancel when they finally use it.

In any case, I couldn't be more happy with the ESO community I've found in the Noore.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    Mithe wrote: »
    yeah, was nice. But i doubt friendships have lead to international visits since you didnt exist before eso :)

one of our members from europe has visited another member in the usa - another member in south america is visiting members in california towards the end of this year

your doubt is disproved

ty

D.

So none of you had met before ESO, yet you're already travelling across the world to meet each other?

My doubt is now replaced with creepiness

And no need to thank me, just giving my opinion :)
    Edited by Mithe on May 3, 2014 6:32PM
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    yeah, was nice. But i doubt friendships have lead to international visits since you didnt exist before eso :)

one of our members from europe has visited another member in the usa - another member in south america is visiting members in california towards the end of this year

your doubt is disproved

ty

D.

So none of you had met before ESO, yet you're already traveling across the world to meet each other?

My doubt is now replaced with creepiness

And no need to thank me, just giving my opinion :)

nope - none of us had met before forming the guild for ESO (exception being a few folks who were friends in r/l already, husband/wife etc) - the guild was formed November 7th, 2012 - obviously well before the game actually launched - plenty of time for many folks to form friendships and visit and travel

now that your doubt has been disproved - it's been replaced by creepiness - that i can't help you with i'm afraid - it's within you

oh - we also, having so many members, have had some who have discovered that they live within 20-30 minutes of each other and have met for a beer and some fun

and to totally creep you out we are looking at the possibility of getting members from the west coast (or further if they want to join in the fun) together for a bbq out at my property in the mountains north east of san diego - friends getting together for a bbq - nothing scarier or creepier than that - hopefully the sheer concept of this friendship doesn't fill your nights with nightmares

ty

D.

p.s. hopefully your creepy mind doesn't start misconstruing what 'fun' means
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 3, 2014 9:45PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing creepier than that would be if our guild shows up to your BBQ wearing renassiance festival costumes. We'd bring our werewolves however, you can never get the smell out of the car. Always... the wet dog smell.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    " But no chars in other alliances period is a bit controlling for my taste. Wish you the best of luck!"

No decent pvp guild would EVER want there members in another alliance guild. Thats because of spies. Really, the whole spirit to a guild is being loyal to one guild anyway (trade guilds being the exception)

I have one guild, no trade guilds. If we as members need something, we do that stuff in house. Not to say we dont allow our guildmates to join other player guilds. But it becomes a problem if your not putting your all into one main guild and just "guild collecting" or being a double agent.

Thats just me tho. Before I merged my fledging guild, members were only allowed to be part of one guild, the rest could be trading guilds tho.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »

No decent pvp guild would EVER want there members in another alliance guild. Thats because of spies. Really, the whole spirit to a guild is being loyal to one guild anyway (trade guilds being the exception)

I beg to differ on that. I am in an EP guild that does allow one to have chars in other alliances - the only stipulation is for PVP you must not join the same campaign. They capture keeps and other areas on a regular basis so obviously they know their stuff. The issue is I am more drawn to the AD side story wise and I am dealing with some sort of bug where I cannot even join their chosen campaign on the EP side. *sigh*

Spying? I am sure it happens but frankly I am too old for such nonsense and refuse to take a game so seriously that I would spy like that, LOL. Seems a bit silly to me.

The way I see things if you have a strong guild with a great mix of personalities and positive in nature overall - your members will choose your guild out of enjoyment anyway.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on May 4, 2014 3:38PM
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • Davinna
    Davinna
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a proud member of the Noore. One of the best guilds I've ever been a part of in any MMO.

Thanks to D and other founders for putting so much effort into creating such a great community!
  • ajenks15b16_ESO
    ajenks15b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    so i dont know if i was the only one that caught this but, you made a SPECIFIC elder scrolls guild in "ELVISH" but not using elder scrolls lore to make the name...instead some other game. FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify that I wasn't try to hate on your guild. In fact I was disappointed I wasn't able to pursue my app further because of the stipulations and wanted to let you know this. I hope that at some point you might reconsider this stipulation for membership because you might be missing out on some great, mature players that are looking for a guild like yours. I wish you continued success!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC