The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How playable is this game via Shadow cloud? I’ve been on Stadia.

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
Stadia sunset coming January…considering moving to Shadow. There’s no free trial with Shadow, thoughts?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 5:27PM
  • orgin_stadia
    orgin_stadia
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno, it seems like a very expensive solution.

(I wish they would allow ESO on GeForce now...)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if someone in the forums played ESO via Shadow.

One thing that would be missing is ESO developed a UI specifically for Stadia that would not be available. It also seems to be at least $30/month which is a lot more than Stadia IIRc, It may even be $45/month, as they are selling a "power" upgrade for a reason.

It probably won't hurt to try.

Good luck.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would just do payments on a steam deck.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on October 26, 2022 4:56AM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Shadow. At the moment I'm satisfied with the service, had some performance issues earlier this year that took some back and forth to get resolved. Compared to Stadia it's more expensive of course.
    Amottica wrote: »
    One thing that would be missing is ESO developed a UI specifically for Stadia that would not be available.

Not sure what you mean by this. Shadow is basically a regular PC with a standard Windows interface with all the regular functionality and you play ESO exactly as you would play on a PC, including being able to install addons. Addons was the big reason for me to not go for Stadia.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 26, 2022 5:19AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I use Shadow. At the moment I'm satisfied with the service, had some performance issues earlier this year that took some back and forth to get resolved. Compared to Stadia it's more expensive of course.
    One thing that would be missing is ESO developed a UI specifically for Stadia that would not be available.

Not sure what you mean by this. Shadow is basically a regular PC with a standard Windows interface with all the regular functionality and you play ESO exactly as you would play on a PC, including being able to install addons. Addons was the big reason for me to not go for Stadia.

What about input devices? And what kinds of client devices can you play it on? For instance, if you can play it on a phone, do you need to use some sort of Bluetooth keyboard and mouse with your phone to play the game?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I first used my aging windows PC, then later switched to a Nvidia Shield. Was a bit bummed that on an android device you can't use extra mouse buttons.
    I don't play on my phone but yeah, that would take Bluetooth K&M. Using K&M while using a very small screen would be awkward? Got my Shield connected to my tv.
    I guess you could use a controller but that was never my thing so no experience with that myself.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 26, 2022 6:06AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play on Shadow (Ultra) @1440p, does OK. The hardware platform is in the process of being renewed as well.

Full disclosure, I don't really do 'hard' content on the Shadow, I do that on the PC. I use the Shadow to do daily chores (writs/pledges/whathaveyou) during breaks/while I'm away.

However you do need a decent internet connection (low latency, high bandwidth) for the experience to be enjoyable.

When it comes to pricing I personally think is reasonable for what they offer. It is a fully fledged VM which is far more versatile than GeForce Now/Stadia etc.

Furthermore although is not guaranteed in almost 4 years with them I had 99.9% uptime.

• Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Full disclosure, I don't really do 'hard' content on the Shadow, I do that on the PC. I use the Shadow to do daily chores (writs/pledges/whathaveyou) during breaks/while I'm away.

I don't do trials or pvp, mostly solo. But got no issues around Dolmens, or towns. When running up to an Alikir dolmen it will take some time to load in everyone, but that's madness anyway.

Not sure how Stadia performance is, but I'm confident Shadow is better.
    Edited by Snamyap on October 26, 2022 8:15AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

I don't do trials or pvp, mostly solo. But got no issues around Dolmens, or towns. When running up to an Alikir dolmen it will take some time to load in everyone, but that's madness anyway.

Not sure how Stadia performance is, but I'm confident Shadow is better.

You'd need a liquid helium cooled supercomputer to keep up with the Alik'r madness during a 2XP event :smiley:
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stadia gaming was clearly designed to permit playing on different types of devices, not just potato PCs. Zenimax created a UI for ESO on Stadia to make it more playable on multiple types of devices. Shadow will likely not have access to that UI making it fine for playing on a PC but will probably be more challenging playing on a tablet or phone. Granted, I never played on Stadia as I have a good gaming PC. I am just regurgitating what Zenimax said which seems to be what you are asking me.

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised once the stadia contract is done they allow it on xCloud, I just hope they put it on xCloud PC as well and not just Xbox
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post