Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to actually gain Alliance Points/Rank?

Menegroth
Menegroth
✭✭✭
Hello! I've been away from the game for some 5 years and a lot have changed since then. It used to be that you'd just spam BGs to increase your alliance rank to unlock skills. Is that no longer the case? I tried doing a BG, the first one of the day, and didn't seen to gain any progress in the Assault and Support skill lines.

If that's no longer the case, my only hope is to go to Cyrodill?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 28, 2022 2:12AM
"I see", said the blind man
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both BGs and Cyrodiil grant AP.
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I see... Do you happen to know if the BG AP drop was nerfed or something? Back when I last played, you'd do BGs for a day or two and you'd get at least lvl 6 in the Assault and Support skill lines.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings,

Upon review, we have moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

Regards,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Menegroth wrote: »

I see... Do you happen to know if the BG AP drop was nerfed or something? Back when I last played, you'd do BGs for a day or two and you'd get at least lvl 6 in the Assault and Support skill lines.

I am unaware of a nerf, but that does not mean it has not happened. It would go against the direction Zenimax has gone with AP and everything related, as they ahve made it both easier to gain AP and lowered the requirements for everything or pretty much everything over the years.

• Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

I am unaware of a nerf, but that does not mean it has not happened. It would go against the direction Zenimax has gone with AP and everything related, as they ahve made it both easier to gain AP and lowered the requirements for everything or pretty much everything over the years.

I see. Thank you very much for the info.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new food that doesn't overwrite your current food/drink. It is called Colovian War Torte and for 30 minutes will increase your skill line gain and alliance rank gain by 50% from doing the usual stuff in cyrodiil. If you cannot make it yourself, this item may be bought at guild stores.
    (I do not know if Colovian War Torte works in batlegrounds.)

Also, killing a delve boss in cyrodiil gives a 20% boost in overall ap gain.
    Edited by Dojohoda on October 28, 2022 3:32AM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    War torte works in ic, bgs, and cyro
    Ic is likely going to be the slowest for gaining AP and alliance rank/assault+support skill lines
    Bgs would be better in amount earnable/hour than ic
    Cyro is definitely the fastest, especially if there is lots of fighting.

Bgs you get about 15k alliance points if you come in 1st, a bit less for 2nd and a bit less for 3rd, iirc.
    So around 60k max AP per hour if you win the games and the games take 15 minutes duration with 0 queue.

In cyro you can make 100k+ AP an hour in solid amounts of fighting.

The lowest quality of war tortes give that 50 percent boost to alliance rank and alliance skill lines but don't boost your actual AP.

Ex - you gain 100k AP an hour in fighting in cyrodiil but you will get 150k credit for your alliance rank and skill lines.

Tortes are like 500g a pop for the lowest quality (aka dirt cheap) so always have one running in pvp!

Hope this helps @Menegroth and welcome back!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    War torte works in ic, bgs, and cyro
    Ic is likely going to be the slowest for gaining AP and alliance rank/assault+support skill lines
    Bgs would be better in amount earnable/hour than ic
    Cyro is definitely the fastest, especially if there is lots of fighting.

Bgs you get about 15k alliance points if you come in 1st, a bit less for 2nd and a bit less for 3rd, iirc.
    So around 60k max AP per hour if you win the games and the games take 15 minutes duration with 0 queue.

In cyro you can make 100k+ AP an hour in solid amounts of fighting.

The lowest quality of war tortes give that 50 percent boost to alliance rank and alliance skill lines but don't boost your actual AP.

Ex - you gain 100k AP an hour in fighting in cyrodiil but you will get 150k credit for your alliance rank and skill lines.

Tortes are like 500g a pop for the lowest quality (aka dirt cheap) so always have one running in pvp!

Hope this helps @Menegroth and welcome back!

It helps a ton! Thank you very much!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive found BGs a very poor way to gain AP, as you only gain a small fixed amount based on your teams placement in the match (i think 7500 for 3rd, 10k for 2nd and 15k for 1st), and there is no ap gain at all for kills made during the match

i usually find it easier to make AP in cyro, especially when there is an epic keep battle and you end up getting like a 70-90k AP tick for successfully defending lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014