The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: add a furnishing bag as an ESO Plus benefit

Vylaera
Vylaera
✭✭✭✭✭
A trend has been set for each year's dlc content. With Deadlands last year, players who purchased Blackwood got the Deadlands DLC for free. This year, Firesong is being given away for free for High Isle owners. This is good! Very good. The story being two separate purchases totalling around 70 dollars to experience it start to finish was very consumer unfriendly, and I commend ZOS for offering the Q4 dlc for free.

However, one of the biggest benefits of ESO Plus was getting such a DLC for free. So the main benefit of ESO Plus is simply the craft bag and monthly crown allotment. Dungeon dlcs are still free for Plus subs, sure, but those aren't the major content releases each year.

Even though the Q4 being free is very very good overall, it still devalues the Plus subscription, and I think we need some extras to compensate.

Namely, and the point of this thread, is to say that the addition of a Furnishing Bag, which functions exactly the same as the Craft Bag, which is to say it would store all your furnishing items in an unlimited space second inventory (or third I guess), would be a very good addition to the Plus sub.

I think this QOL addition would be a boon to all housing enthusiasts and would add back a bit of what's now missing from the plus sub benefit.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 28, 2022 4:02PM
Vy • lae • ra
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    This would be very nice! Right now, I'm using Coldharbour as my furnishing storage shed. Not having to do that would be lovely.
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
    Options
  • Vylaera
    Vylaera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be very nice! Right now, I'm using Coldharbour as my furnishing storage shed. Not having to do that would be lovely.

The Grand Psijic Villa is mine and my fps is abysmal in there haha
    Edited by Vylaera on October 27, 2022 7:21PM
    Vy • lae • ra
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s the dream.

I have at least 7 homes that are just warehouses at the moment.

Edit: Not to mention so much bank space filled with furniture as well.
    Edited by BlueRaven on October 27, 2022 7:28PM
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll endorse this suggestion, and so will the people who have thousands of stacks of thrones from when they were free that one weekend.
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find unlimited to be too much. I think a tab in the bank section for furniture would be appropriate with ESO+ getting twice as many spots. Similar to how the standard bank is operating.

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was mention of a stream a while back where it was stated that there were so many different types of furnishings that a bag was impracticable. I saw a post about that somewhere, didn't see the stream myself.

Ah. Found that:
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    They have stated on a previous stream that this can not be done due to the sheer amount of different furnishings, that will impact load times etc.

and this:
    reoskit wrote: »

So unless things change after the re-architecture, doesn't seem likely, no matter how many of us would really love it.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    There was mention of a stream a while back where it was stated that there were so many different types of furnishings that a bag was impracticable. I saw a post about that somewhere, didn't see the stream myself.

Ah. Found that:
    They have stated on a previous stream that this can not be done due to the sheer amount of different furnishings, that will impact load times etc.

and this:

So unless things change after the re-architecture, doesn't seem likely, no matter how many of us would really love it.

Yup. I remember that. I was really depressed about it. And account bound vs, unbound furniture only compounds the issue.

But maybe they can figure something out? Or maybe they can give us a special bag that holds 700 items? Like a large house? But in a bag?

I dunno. Just a thought.
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Ah. Found that:

and this:

Yup. I remember that. I was really depressed about it. And account bound vs, unbound furniture only compounds the issue.

But maybe they can figure something out? Or maybe they can give us a special bag that holds 700 items? Like a large house? But in a bag?

I dunno. Just a thought.

7hykpwiqjyjz.png
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 27, 2022 9:25PM
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Ah. Found that:

and this:

I dunno. Just a thought.

I've advocated for a player warehouse. You can go into the warehouse and store furniture in crates. You can't place the crates or decorate the warehouse it is storage only. Each crate could hold 100 unique items/stacks and the warehouse comes with two maybe three free crates. Any additional crates would need to be purchased.
    The crates contents would not be available while in homes only while in the warehouse. They should be treated as long term storage. To that end if it were possible to reduce their priority making the contents longer to load or through some other method to cut down on server impact that would be good.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree it would be great. Being some players who spend real money to buy furnishings would likely spend more if they did not have issues with inventory management of said furnishings, it would be a boon for Zenimax.

However, one of the devs said it would not be happening. They noted that there are a lot more unique furnishing items compared to crafting items making the query much larger and more of a server load when we look at our furnishing bag. Maybe after Zeniimax gets performance up to a reasonable level they may reconsider such a bag.

Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    While I agree it would be great. Being some players who spend real money to buy furnishings would likely spend more if they did not have issues with inventory management of said furnishings, it would be a boon for Zenimax.

However, one of the devs said it would not be happening. They noted that there are a lot more unique furnishing items compared to crafting items making the query much larger and more of a server load when we look at our furnishing bag. Maybe after Zeniimax gets performance up to a reasonable level they may reconsider such a bag.

It's likely that they don't have the manpower to support coding such an thing. They have a lot of vacant positions right now and I would wager that some of the ESO devs/engineers are working on the new IP. Maybe encourage some passionate people who qualify to apply.

https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers
    Options
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vylaera wrote: »
    A trend has been set for each year's dlc content. With Deadlands last year, players who purchased Blackwood got the Deadlands DLC for free. This year, Firesong is being given away for free for High Isle owners. This is good! Very good. The story being two separate purchases totalling around 70 dollars to experience it start to finish was very consumer unfriendly, and I commend ZOS for offering the Q4 dlc for free.

However, one of the biggest benefits of ESO Plus was getting such a DLC for free. So the main benefit of ESO Plus is simply the craft bag and monthly crown allotment. Dungeon dlcs are still free for Plus subs, sure, but those aren't the major content releases each year.

Even though the Q4 being free is very very good overall, it still devalues the Plus subscription, and I think we need some extras to compensate.

Namely, and the point of this thread, is to say that the addition of a Furnishing Bag, which functions exactly the same as the Craft Bag, which is to say it would store all your furnishing items in an unlimited space second inventory (or third I guess), would be a very good addition to the Plus sub.

I think this QOL addition would be a boon to all housing enthusiasts and would add back a bit of what's now missing from the plus sub benefit.

I would say that a furnishing bag would be the only thing that'd make me subscribe again after my current sub runs out. I purchase every DLC so I don't have to maintain my sub, and when I need new crowns I usually go the sub route since it gives discounted crowns but I have no real reason to keep my subscription... Craft bag is OK but I can do without it, furniture on the other hand.. I find so much and it clogs up my inventory so much that it + craft bag would put my mind at ease.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

It's likely that they don't have the manpower to support coding such an thing. They have a lot of vacant positions right now and I would wager that some of the ESO devs/engineers are working on the new IP. Maybe encourage some passionate people who qualify to apply.

https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

That would not be the issue at all.

The comment I referenced was from more than two years ago, so the current hiring is irrelevant. They also have the framework in place for such a bag due to the crafting bag. It would be very easy to develop both a furnishing bag and an armor bag.
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least, they could just create a huge actual warehouse, preferably with large open shelves of various sizes that don’t take up slots, with a maximum number of storage slots, where we could store furnishings and they would at least look like they were supposed to be there. They could actually put several of these “warehouses” on the store in various locations for people who find one storage area is not enough. I too have all my extra furnishings in Coldharbour, with some overflow in a couple of other houses. I’d love an actual big building that looks like where they stashed the ark of the covenant at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. ☺️
    Edited by Elvenheart on October 28, 2022 2:05AM
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    At the very least, they could just create a huge actual warehouse, preferably with large open shelves of various sizes that don’t take up slots, with a maximum number of storage slots

We have this to a degree with the "free" homes Zenimax has provided us over the years. While they still follow the same rules iirc, many players have received at least three good size homes.
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a piece of furniture like the storage chests, but bigger, special collectible like the chests but limited to only furniture items and has several hundred spots in it.... call it a Zos POD.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    How about a piece of furniture like the storage chests, but bigger, special collectible like the chests but limited to only furniture items and has several hundred spots in it.... call it a Zos POD.

Why put a limit on what can be put into the chest? Let us choose for ourselves. For me, the furniture chest would be useless as I use the free homes to store what I am not using. Just add a few more chests, in general, to help with storage, and we decide what goes into it.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or players could sell furnishings that have been taking up space and will probably never be used, and make some $$ in the process.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or players could sell furnishings that have been taking up space and will probably never be used, and make some $$ in the process.

This is what I've been doing, but admittedly I bought a second account to use as a mule and for trading during one of the sales, I don't regret it, however it did wipe the history of some of my add-ons (so I make sure to have most off when I log onto it once a week). Still, I find there's way too much to sell.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The issue is bound furnishings cannot be sold. Players have purchased furnishings with real money to use in their homes. They change things for the season for because a new or more interesting furniture set is sold but runs out of room.

That is the issue. Not furniture that can be sold easily.
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to number of items we can place in homes to be increased by 20-30%.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why put a limit on what can be put into the chest? Let us choose for ourselves. For me, the furniture chest would be useless as I use the free homes to store what I am not using. Just add a few more chests, in general, to help with storage, and we decide what goes into it.

Same reason for not having a furniture bag. Sheer number of different types of furniture would cause server problems.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Same reason for not having a furniture bag. Sheer number of different types of furniture would cause server problems.

I misspoke. The quote I replied to wanted to limit what type of item could be placed in the new chest. As I stated in the post you quoted, we decide what goes into the chest.

Also, my earlier post clearly stated why Zenimax was not adding a furnishing bag. I know server performance isues and the differences between such a bag and the crafting bag. But thanks for making sure I was acquainted.
    Options
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might be good for housing enthusiats but gives rise to unlimited crafted housing furniture and a drastic decrease in crafting and mat usage which could be bad but otherwise kewl idea :)

IMO alot of what keeps the wheels turning is the limited storage and constant changes by ZOS making us choose to keep new sets and dcon old ones.. then next year make new aand repeat the process.. if we could keep everything including housing stuff eventually noone would need any new stuff made and mats become waste of space!
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on October 28, 2022 5:12AM
    Options
  • ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    This is an easy one. At least for a short term but very workable solution.

Each house could be 'tagged' in-game by the player as a storage facility, then when placing furniture as part of decorating, the game references the facilities so you can withdraw and place the item like as if the items were in the chests.

There's an add-on called 'Inventory Insight' which shows where everything I possess is located so it can't be beyond the realms of possibility to quickly and easily implement this system in-game to withdraw furnishings.

ZoS still get their housing sales - we get storage!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is in full support.
    Options
  • dutchusuk
    dutchusuk
    ✭✭✭
    ESO plus give every month a stattue, why it has to be always for house or furnishing, give ESO plus a unique skill line with a new weapon for example or a armor set.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nah, you are given enough free large houses just use them as a dumping ground. Somewhat organize them and then you can come back and easily find the stuff you want when you need.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, you are given enough free large houses just use them as a dumping ground. Somewhat organize them and then you can come back and easily find the stuff you want when you need.
    Who is true but having furniture storage chests like the general storage chest would be easier on the servers as you don't need to populate the house on entry.
    Yes housing is mostly client side but server need to know hit boxes and so on. Chest just need to hold item id and number.
    Weapons and armor need to store set id and who part it is, condition/charge, color channels, and style id for crafted gear.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue is bound furnishings cannot be sold. Players have purchased furnishings with real money to use in their homes. They change things for the season for because a new or more interesting furniture set is sold but runs out of room.

That is the issue. Not furniture that can be sold easily.

Do players really redecorate their homes for the season? I spend a lot of time decorating and once a house is finished I am not going to pull up my hard work to change it for seasons that don't happen in Tamriel.
    PCNA
    Options