Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keyboard texting while playing ?

Harold_Hedd
Harold_Hedd
✭✭✭
Hi, I upgraded my Mac today, to Ventura, and two things has happened so far.

First I can not use the Fullscreen mode anymore. It simply disables my mouse and will not. recognize any clicks or movement.

Second I get this weird text bubble when using the A, S, D keys. Not with the W key.

Has any of you heard of this before or experienced it, and mostly - do you know how to get rid of it ?
I suspect it could be the reason I am being kicked off the server due to spamming.

sbxwsqa5gspx.jpeg
xigdvkz40cbw.jpeg
yuz17d2wgttg.jpeg

Edited by ZOS_Exile on October 26, 2022 3:57PM
  • ZOS_Exile
    ZOS_Exile
    admin
    Hello,

We have gone ahead and moved this thread to a more appropriate category. Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill may be able to pass this on to parties in Zenimax.
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    @ZOS_Bill may be able to pass this on to parties in Zenimax.

Thanks, I have left him a message.
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    I responded in another thread about how to get rid of the text bubbles. That is not a Ventura-specific thing, as it happens by default in earlier releases of the system.
    ziggy29 wrote: »
    Yes. Even before Ventura, this is something that happens by default in Windowed modes (not full screen). Anyway, to resolve it, open a terminal window and enter the following command:

defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false

Then you need to log out and back in to make the settings take effect. And if you ever need these back, you can reverse it by changing "false" to "true".
    Edited by ziggy29 on October 26, 2022 5:06PM
  • Harold_Hedd
    Harold_Hedd
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ziggy29

I didn't connect the function to the game, I just panicked a little :)