The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What does it mean "crafter"?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
What does it mean "crafter"?
Sometimes, I see that people are saying "LF crafter" on the chat.
What's kind of player like " crafter"? Does it mean people who has every trait?
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They usually need a specific piece of gear crafted, which is more helpful if you can craft anything.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means someone who can use crafting skills to create gear, food and potions.

How many traits that character needs to know depends on what they wanted crafted. You can only be sure you'll be able to make what they want if you've got all of them, but if you're willing to craft things for other players it's worth asking what they want before you have all of them because it might be something you can already make.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

How many traits that character needs to know depends on what they wanted crafted. You can only be sure you'll be able to make what they want if you've got all of them, but if you're willing to craft things for other players it's worth asking what they want before you have all of them because it might be something you can already make.

My main character has max out all crafting skill, and has all 9 trait of every crafting section.
    So, am I "crafter"?

But, I don't have knowledge of fair trade price of those things. Once I try to sell purple quality
    Order's Wrath CP 160 cloth pieceat the my guild shop by 10K gold. And someone take it within
    2 weeks. Is it too much cheap?
    Edited by AvalonRanger on October 25, 2022 10:22AM

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

My main character has max out all crafting skill, and has all 9 trait of every crafting section.
    So, am I "crafter"?

But, I don't have knowledge of fair trade price of those things. Once I try to sell purple quality
    Order's Wrath CP 160 cloth pieceat the my guild shop by 10K gold. And someone take it within
    2 weeks. Is it too much cheap?

if it took 2 weeks to sell, you were probably priced fine.

Things priced too cheap sell in minutes in ESO.

There's also not a huge demand for most crafted gear, so most don't "pre-make" it to sell in guild stores, and would only make it on demand.

Gear crafters used to be in higher demand before the outfit style system where we can make our gear whatever style we want, as long as we know the style on 1 character, and players would pay a premium for those players who had specific motifs to make crafted gear in that style for aesthetic reasons.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @AvalonRanger prices are not uniform. Its something you work out with the customer. Typically, the customer gives you the mats necessary to craft the gear then pays you when you give him the gear. Sometimes it can be for free, or others work for tips.

Whatever you do, DO NOT agree to craft gear for someone who is not your friend using your own mats. You will get ripped off nearly every time.

And I agree with @tmbrinks there is not a huge market for pre-crafted gear.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for good advice, people.

2023/12/21
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One more thing; be careful when replying to "LF crafter" in zone chat. Always ask what they want, and if they have the mats for it. Some things, like trait items for research, if you have a lot of low level mats and trait stones, you can do for free. The nirnhoned items and jewelry I always ask for the trait mats; potent nirncrux and triune are too expensive to make for free for random not-in-your-guild-or-a-friend. Likewise cp160 gear and weapons, improved to purple and enchanted aren't cheap.