The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stibbons and Lady Laurent..an inconsistency?

HiveMind3006
HiveMind3006
✭✭✭
Hey all.
Before I get started I'd best warn any players who haven't followed this storyline that there are spoilers ahead...

>>>SPOILERS<<<

Okay I am going to assume you're all aware the following contains spoilers and you are up to date with the storyline or you just don't care about spoilers (like me!)

I have been playing ESO for close to a couple of years now.
I do enjoy questing and I have just finished High Isle so completely up to date and every quest in game done*.
One of my reoccurring favourite storylines are that of Stibbons and Lady Laurent.
I just finished the quest in High Isle - The All Flags Curse and close to the end Stibs is possessed by a ghost and he forces it out. It got me to thinking wait a minute! Stibs is already possessed in fact stibbons isn't Stibbons he is a ghost who swapped places with the real Stibbons so how can he force out a ghost now when he couldn't back in the beginning?
Am I missing something here? Is it the possessed Stibbons ghost that forces out the new intruder or ... okay I am confused!
What's your take on the situation? Is it a case of the story writer didn't know or maybe it's just as simple as I said and its just Stibbons possessor that forces out the new comer?
What you think?
Thanks for taking the time to read :)

*With the exception of a few Trail quests I haven't had the chance to do yet.
Cragsear: Brit: DK: Tank/DPS-Mag (Armoury). Craganor: High Elf: Ward: Tank/Heals(Armoury). Cragriel: High Elf: Templar: Heals. Cragheal: Brit: Templar: Heals/DPS-Stam (Armoury). Cragrot Mortium: Imperial: Necro: Tank/DPS-Stam (Armoury)
Khraga-Dhee: Khajiit: Nightblade: Heals/DPS/-Stam/Tealeaf\Assassin (Armoury). Khrag-Mund: Orc: DK: Tank.
Dances With Sabe: Argonian: Sorc: Heals/DPS-Mag (Armoury).

*Esoteric Order Of Mayhem*
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just FYI, there is a spoiler tag you can do if you want to put all the spoiler type stuff in there, that would hide it until the user knowingly clicked to show the content lol
    example

to do this its just [ spoiler ] and close with [ /spoiler ] (you will want to remove the spaces inside of the square brackets, did that so it would not parse the tags lol)

as to the OP, i think for the quest you are referring to, there is 2 possible choices to end that quest, and i think one of them is with stibbons not possessed by the ghost, which is probably the "canon" ending of the quest so the other encounters make more sense
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on October 4, 2022 3:53PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • HiveMind3006
    HiveMind3006
    ✭✭✭
    just FYI, there is a spoiler tag you can do if you want to put all the spoiler type stuff in there, that would hide it until the user knowingly clicked to show the content lol

As to the OP, I think for the quest you are referring to, there is 2 possible choices to end that quest, and i think one of them is with stibbons not possessed by the ghost, which is probably the "canon" ending of the quest so the other encounters make more sense

Thank you very much indeed!
    I knew there was a way but I must have had my thick head on and couldn't figure it out. I shall definitely use that in future.
    As for the OP I have played through the game but only completely on my main. I shall have to go with an alt and do that quest again but choose the other ending and see if that does indeed make more sense. And here is me thinking all the time that our Stibbs is in fact a ghostie whereas this may not always be the case. Not that it is hugely important but I do enjoy bumping into them during my adventures. I wonder if Stibbons finally got to scratch his itch with the 'good' lady after we leave them on High Isle. Get in there Stibbs!

Thanks again! :)

Cragsear: Brit: DK: Tank/DPS-Mag (Armoury). Craganor: High Elf: Ward: Tank/Heals(Armoury). Cragriel: High Elf: Templar: Heals. Cragheal: Brit: Templar: Heals/DPS-Stam (Armoury). Cragrot Mortium: Imperial: Necro: Tank/DPS-Stam (Armoury)
    Khraga-Dhee: Khajiit: Nightblade: Heals/DPS/-Stam/Tealeaf\Assassin (Armoury). Khrag-Mund: Orc: DK: Tank.
    Dances With Sabe: Argonian: Sorc: Heals/DPS-Mag (Armoury).

*Esoteric Order Of Mayhem*
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think in a way it would make more sense with that ending.
    It would mean that Stibbons the human couldn't prevent a ghost from possessing him, but that ghost, which by the time of High Isle could have been in the body for quite a long time, and was stronger than him originally, can prevent a newer ghost from taking over.

But I've not done the quest myself yet and can't entirely remember which of my characters made which choices so I don't know if it's different or if everyone gets the same version of the High Isle quest and the earlier one is just ignored.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"