The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLUNDER SKULLS TIMER

grkkll
grkkll
✭✭✭
Is there one? The statement in the event description suggests not....

During the Witches Festival, when you defeat a boss monster, you pick up a Plunder Skull container in addition to your regular rewards

You most certainly do not. I've solo'd lots of stuff and it appears that when I kill less than 3 minutes (approx) apart I DO NOT get a skull. If there were multiple characters in the same attack then I could possibly not have reached the required percentage kill but that is not the case when there's just me doing the attacking.

ZOS can this be made clear please?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 23, 2022 3:51PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely a cooldown (except in certain content, like 4-person dungeons - a 5-minute Fungal Grotto will still provide you with up to five boxes, if you do all five bosses).

Unfortunately ZOS does not usually publish cooldowns, whether for loot or for other rewards (like motif and style pages).
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cooldown is 3 minutes for everything except Arena and Group Dungeon bosses.

Public Dungeon bosses and sweepers (the portals that open in the sky) share a cooldown.
    Dolmens, Dragons, Harrowstorms, Geysers and Vents share a cooldown.
    Delves have their own cooldown. (Shared between all Delves, so no speed running multiple delves)
    World Bosses have their own cooldown. (Shared between world bosses in all zones, so no zone changing to skip cooldown)

Regular group dungeon bosses drop a skull no matter how quickly you manage to kill them since the last one.
    Arena stages always drop a skull.

I haven't run enough Trials to verify if there is a timer or not, but I don't think many people are burning Trial bosses with less 3 minutes between them anyway. (There is always an exception somewhere, so I'm sure someone has, but that person is not me, lol)

This is the information I gathered from my own testing, but I can't account for all possible variables or exceptions, so as always, your experience may vary.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on October 22, 2022 7:03PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    thanks, that's most illuminating.....
    I just wish Zos would be more up front about these things
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Public Dungeon bosses and sweepers (the portals that open in the sky) share a cooldown.
    Delves have their own cooldown. (Shared between all Delves, so no speed running multiple delves)
    World Bosses have their own cooldown. (Shared between world bosses in all zones, so no zone changing to skip cooldown)

Regular group dungeon bosses drop a skull no matter how quickly you manage to kill them since the last one.

I haven't run enough Trials to verify if there is a timer or not, but I don't think many people are burning Trial bosses with less 3 minutes between them anyway. (There is always an exception somewhere, so I'm sure someone has, but that person is not me, lol)

This is the information I gathered from my own testing, but I can't account for all possible variables or exceptions, so as always, your experience may vary.

No timer on the first gold box of each type. However, plunder skulls will only drop again after 3 minutes.

If you are just farming plunder skulls, I recommend this addon.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1501-PlunderSkullTimer2022WitchesFestival.html

Edit: the addon creator noted that timer was removed in 2018.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on October 22, 2022 9:16PM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's what going on! I noticed but thought it was just another glitch...
    PS5/NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group dungeons has no cooldown, assume this is to avoid issues with some people wanting to wait for timer while other wanting to rush the dungeon who I think created drama first year.
    Trials arenas and world bosses I think is less relevant, for some content like nDSA and nMA issue is release rate of mobs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cooldowns for reward boxes to drop for this event and then cooldowns for things like motif pages and structural furnishing plans within daily dlc reward containers. It’s really ridiculous. People don’t like doing something and then getting nothing for it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    This is only a problem for people who can't wait 3 minutes.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No timer on the first gold box of each type. However, plunder skulls will only drop again after 3 minutes.

If you are just farming plunder skulls, I recommend this addon.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1501-PlunderSkullTimer2022WitchesFestival.html

Edit: the addon creator noted that timer was removed in 2018.

this addon helps a lot

boss loot has a minimum of like 3 min cooldown for overland (including delve and public dungeon), while on group dungeons there is no cooldown

the boss loot cooldown while not directly a cooldown on the skull itself, still prevents obtaining a skull faster than roughly 3-4 minutes unless you are just spamming fungal grotto 1 (which can take about 6 minutes or less to clear all of the bosses on normal with a group of dps)

5 skulls in 5-6 minutes is way faster than 1 skull every 3-4 min, but the latter is way way easier for those who are lazy (or like me using a 2nd acct on a 2nd computer to camp a delve boss while im doing something else on my main acct lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014