The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Log file too big.

dvonpm
dvonpm
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

Trying to upload an Encounter.log file larger than 1.5 gb and getting an error that the file is too large and to split it, but when I split it, the split file is the same size as the original, so can't upload that either.

I did try splitting the split log, but of course it's same size as the original split log.

Anyone know a workaround?

I guess I would assume splitting would make 2 or more files of less than 1.5 gb, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 25, 2022 5:44PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you splitting the file? I remember using a program called GSplit years ago when I needed to split, transmit, and then recombine very large files. I don't remember if I've ever used 7-Zip to do the same, but that is another option. There seem to be several options that come up when I search the web for "program to split transmit recombine very large files."
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Lumber jack and ESO Logs uploader and don't have that issue. I also delete or archive the log after each vet trial run so my logs don't get that big. ESO Log uploader will split the log as well so if you're not using that tool you might want to look into it.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Lumber jack and ESO Logs uploader and don't have that issue. I also delete or archive the log after each vet trial run so my logs don't get that big. ESO Log uploader will split the log as well so if you're not using that tool you might want to look into it.

Will do, thanks. Yeah, I forgot to rename it in between 2 long pvp runs . Normally do the same as you.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If splitter tools fail you still can split the log manually in text editor. Don't use notepad tho, it will choke on such large file.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    How are you splitting the file? I remember using a program called GSplit years ago when I needed to split, transmit, and then recombine very large files. I don't remember if I've ever used 7-Zip to do the same, but that is another option. There seem to be several options that come up when I search the web for "program to split transmit recombine very large files."

I'm just using the logger from the the ESO logs site, there is an option to split logs there.

I can try Gsplit, but native logger thing will only upload .log files, so zip won't work.

I'll give it a try though, thank you for the suggestion.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    If splitter tools fail you still can split the log manually in text editor. Don't use notepad tho, it will choke on such large file.

Thanks, will give that a try first :D
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    dvonpm wrote: »
    perfiction wrote: »

Thanks, will give that a try first :D

So - I thought this would be easiest but it actually was not. Lots of free editors that will open large files, but once you get in them in it is a bit of a nightmare to navigate. Basically just froze up ever attempt to scroll down. Probably would have worked eventually but it wasn't pretty lol.

GSplit free file splitter worked like a charm, just had to make sure it used the original file extension. Was super fast and easy to use, thank you so much @SeaGtGruff for the suggestion!

Lumber Jack was a confusing but whimsical google, so I wasn't able to check that solution, but thank you again for the solution. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge than me can use that info in the future.

These were some test raids I was really looking forward to parsing, thanks again <3
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update letting us know you've successfully parsed the ESO log files. With the OP resolving their issue, we will now close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.