The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malacaths band math help..

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
At what crit chance on a templar does this mythic not become worth it?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends both on your critical damage (e.g. race, cp, armor, buffs) as well as what you would replace it with AND on how high your opponent's crit mitigation stat is.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a general rule, I try not to use it if I have an average 30% or more crit chance for pvp, it's also not recommended in general for pve as crit is still king there, but as chilly said, it depends on a lot of other factors.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    As a general rule, I try not to use it if I have an average 30% or more crit chance for pvp, it's also not recommended in general for pve as crit is still king there, but as chilly said, it depends on a lot of other factors.

it used to be pretty decent for pve until they significantly nerfed the flat dmg increase (it went from 25% to 16%)

as for the OP, they also changed malacath so that it only does -50% crit dmg, instead of making you unable to crit at all

you have a base of 50% crit dmg, but there are a lot of factors which can increase that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    People always told me i should change malakath it wouldnt be worth it after blackwood and i get more dmg from crit. I have only 12% crit chance and 50% crit dmg on my warden, so 6% extra dmg from crits and enemy players have crit resistance. If i use malacath i still get 10% more dmg and loose 1 ring spot.
    To get 16% dmg with crit in PvE you need 32% crit chance and 50% crit dmg or 20% crit chance and 80% crit dmg.
    In pvp players have crit resistance so you need at least 20% extra crit dmg to negate that.
    Your crit dmg is crit chance*(crit dmg-enemy crit resistance).
    Now you have to think how much extra dmg you get from using another mythic than malacath or a full monsterset and an arena set or otherwise replacing malacath ring spot.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    People always told me i should change malakath it wouldnt be worth it after blackwood and i get more dmg from crit. I have only 12% crit chance and 50% crit dmg on my warden, so 6% extra dmg from crits and enemy players have crit resistance. If i use malacath i still get 10% more dmg and loose 1 ring spot.
    To get 16% dmg with crit in PvE you need 32% crit chance and 50% crit dmg or 20% crit chance and 80% crit dmg.
    In pvp players have crit resistance so you need at least 20% extra crit dmg to negate that.
    Your crit dmg is crit chance*(crit dmg-enemy crit resistance).
    Now you have to think how much extra dmg you get from using another mythic than malacath or a full monsterset and an arena set or otherwise replacing malacath ring spot.

so, 50% is just the base crit dmg

in your case being a warden, there are actually passives that increase crit dmg, and if your running a lot of frost based stuff then your likely also applying brittle, which is further increasing your crit dmg

other classes like templar have built in crit dmg from class passives

my templar for example is probably at about 74% base crit dmg because of the class passives, and when im running say a trial im usually closer to like 100-110% crit dmg

now pvp is a bit different, while crits are still useful for heavy burst you would still need to build in the crit chance and dmg yourself, but between the base crit resist from cp, and other common sets such as rallying cry, and impenetrable trait, they can almost negate 50% crit dmg right there
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014