The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for some class advice

Krimit_Terror
Krimit_Terror
Soul Shriven
I started playing again when high isle came out. With mmos/rpgs I usually play the rogue or ranger type classes. Wow I played a hunter and a rogue, skyrim I played the sneaky archer, and all the dragon ages I used a bow. (Just background to how I typically play)

I haven't found a build I really enjoy playing in eso though. I have a necromancer tank, a warden healer and I've made a sorceror, nightblade, and dragonknight all in champion ranks. I've done some trials with my guild and I want to move more into the end game content. I haven't found a build I fully enjoy playing though. Just looking for some advice on what to possibly try.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For a balance of power and simple rotation, stamsorc has been great. I've been playing a 2H/2H one in trials and dungeons and love it. I've found magplar to be a comparable magic alternative.

Mag DK and magblade continue to be good alternatives. I haven't played the DK recently but I have heard some players complaining about the sustain on the Mag DK and whip being underwhelming. The magblade is still what it has been for the last 2 years.

The bow, while still used, has been replaced on a lot of stamina builds by a 2H backbar.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a balance of power and simple rotation, stamsorc has been great. I've been playing a 2H/2H one in trials and dungeons and love it. I've found magplar to be a comparable magic alternative.

Mag DK and magblade continue to be good alternatives. I haven't played the DK recently but I have heard some players complaining about the sustain on the Mag DK and whip being underwhelming. The magblade is still what it has been for the last 2 years.

The bow, while still used, has been replaced on a lot of stamina builds by a 2H backbar.

mag dk can be bad if your using whip as a constant spammable, i usually prefer to use flames of oblivion as a spammable and then a whip every 4th cast (for the dmg bonus, and for the sustain, and flames of oblivion adds stacks of seething to buff the whip)

for the OP the "easy" build in the game is probably a templar due to having an easier rotation, but if you wanted to stick with bow then a stam sorc, stam warden, or stam NB

as suggest though, a bow/bow build is not really considered meta (the templar i use is 2h front bar and bow back bar using the maelstrom bow for volley) (true meta i think is duel wield front bar and 2h back bar)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014