The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witches Festivle Strategy

Lumsdenml
Lumsdenml
✭✭✭✭✭
For this event, I always follow the same strategy to maximize my plunder skulling. Get Crow quest the pick a zone I don't have all the sets in the sticker book for. Do a delve, public dungeon then invasion bosses. Do the Crow, go back to the same zone do a wb, the speed run Fungal Grotto I. Finally I speed through Melestrom Arean on normal for the final gold skull. If I still have time, I'll do zone dailies that I don't have achievements for yet. How about you?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 25, 2022 2:28AM
In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
Obituary:
RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do this:
    1. Do whatever delve, world, public dungeon boss I need (like, for a daily or lead)
    2. Whatever dolmen is for daily
    3. Normal Vaults of Madness solo (it has, like, eight bosses total?)
    4. nDSA or nMA depending if I got a friend to keep me company
    5. "DD LFG any normal trial" (this used to work)
    Optional: more VoM or MA if I needed additional skulls.

Now I just play a lot less, so get my tickets, kick McCrowface and that's it.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i prepped my 2nd acct character (extremely passive afk tank, with sorc pets and now a companion) to just camp a delve boss while i do whatever on my main acct lol

have like 35 plunder skulls to open from yesterday already while i was running trials on my main account

the computers are right next to each other so i just have to move around a little and use skills some on my 2nd acct to prevent it from being timed out
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I avoid arena and trial skulls as they tend to not be worth the time investment unless I might be in there anyway for other reasons. I make sure to get at least one gold skull per day otherwise. I have been farming extra purple skulls in dungeons which I happen to also need gear out of.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a "strategy". I have 3 accounts, both PC NA and EU, so on the six mains I do a delve for the gold skull, and sometimes (on my more "advanced" older accounts - the ones with decent CP) a world boss.

Though on PC EU, I'm combining the crab boss and vents on my two older accounts to finish up Oakensoul on them. Did my EU main account today, will do the second one tomorrow. The third account over there has only a level 37 at the moment, so don't really need to mess with Oakensoul yet for her.

The important thing this event is the tickets so I can get the hourglass piece 6 times.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How has everyone found the droprate for Witchmother's Servant style pages? I'm running a similar pattern to everyone above and have yet to get one.

Curious what everyone thinks the best purple plunder skull farm is, too. I found public dungeon bosses rarely dropped them even when they weren't on the drop cooldown.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How has everyone found the droprate for Witchmother's Servant style pages? I'm running a similar pattern to everyone above and have yet to get one.

Curious what everyone thinks the best purple plunder skull farm is, too. I found public dungeon bosses rarely dropped them even when they weren't on the drop cooldown.

I've got some over my accounts, but it's an ugly motif so I just don't care.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in having a strategy at all, all the drops are mediocre and anything I dont get from just playing the game I will be able to grab in a trader in a few weeks for next to nothing.
    Saying that I am doing the crow daily though and running around killing any boss I see for the feathers.
    though today I just didn't open any plunder skull which will allow me to auto complete the quest tomorrow.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lazy Cat Strategy:

Combine delve with Undaunted or a DLC daily that hasn’t been done yet.

Mages Guild public dungeon daily.

Greymoor harrowstorm (because the nice old lady reminds Sammy of his nanna 😢)

And, if Sammy still has the time:

A new world boss.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This event I don't care about the purple plunder skulls, so I decided to do other things. As usual I combine things on my "want-to-do"-list with the event.

Each day first I'll get the crow quest and do all 4 easy yellows(world, dolmen, public dungeon, delve). Then complete the crow quest. As I am still farming a stamina DPS dungeon set to use on all my armory characters, I combine this farming with the yellow dungeon plunder skull and queue for the specific dungeon. The set went from 41 to 29(so far) transmutes to reconstruct. Those are the skulls I normally collect anyways. Normally I don't do more than 5 yellow plunder skulls, but as I was planning to get the void pitch dye someday I combined it with this event. And get the yellow arena plunder skull as a bonus while getting the dye. Spend quite some time in normal vateshran hollows, as I had never been there. Almost got my dye, probably today! After which I'm going back to 5 yellow plunder skulls per day again.

When you combine what you want to do with what the game asks of you(events, endeavours, etc), you basically get double bonusses.

Due to doing so much during the High Isle and explorer's events, I'm suffering from a bit of event fatigue. So I am not making any use of the double exp bonus, and don't play much at the moment.

PS: During the explorer's event, I did over 1k master writs. And as I had to clean up all my character's inventories anyways, I did so. Deleted all the jewelry master writs I was planning to do, but for which I never had the superior upgrade material. All my characters inventories went from 200+ to below 100. Feels good!
    PPS: When I built my first character, I did not know what I was doing or how the game worked exactly. So I used this week's public dungeon group endeavour to finish all the incomplete public dungeons and discover some missed places on him. Even did some missed quests to 100% complete all the different base game zones. Something I had wanted to do for a long while.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,Get quest
    2, Go random normal dungeon with my tank character.
    3, Instant fill up feather.
    4, Kill crow boss by solo.

Super first solution.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purple drops aren't really worth bothering over, honestly, ToT are about the same. Get the gold and stop.
    PS5/NA
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm farming regular plundies on Reach harrowstorms. It's a bit inconvenient that there's a 3-minute cooldown between skulls and often the storms don't last that long, but at least I get some vile coagulants, Nighthollow motifs, the occasional document pouch and vampiric stained glass leads.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sequence with conditions is:
    1. Get Undaunted pledge and Bolgrul quest.
    2. Join the queue for pledge
    3. Go to Craglorn and check if there's any good option for trial or group arena
    4. While trial group is forming, do WB, anchor, Bolgrul delve.
    5. If queue went faster than trial offer - go pledge. If not - join queue again after the trial.
    6. Go to the Crow after obtaining at least 3 gold skulls. I hold skulls, so I don't have to start from crow quest.
    7. Getting a "cloud" near witch's coven instead of going to public dungeon.
    8. If there's no trial group for long, I'll start the group myself.
    9. If there's no group arena, I'll go nVH (eu) or nMA (na).
    10. If the pledge queue was too long so I still didn't get to it, I run one of normals solo after checking my sticker book.
    11. Get the reward for pledge and Bolgrul (call the companion). Open the rest of skulls.