The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battle ground event is a joke

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm still quing 20 plus minuets per match during an EVENT weekend! ...[snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 15, 2022 4:29PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had ridiculously short que times during the capture the relic weekend. I havent had a chance to really test this one by playing over and over again, but by dipping my toe in I certainly agree chaosball doesn't seem to be as popular.

Could that be all there is to it? With just a pinch of... People were more curious about the event the first time and now it isn't a big deal to them?

Anyway I still like the overall idea and really just wish the weekend events didn't last so long. 48 hours is how long they should last.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've had no problems for queue times on PC NA. I've only been queuing solo though, so group could be a different story.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was attempting to do some on sat night queuing into group queue with a group of 3, and after 35 min of waiting we just decided to not bother as it was already getting late

it might be something going on with the group queue, trying to match premades with solos or whatnot
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Vizzini
    Vizzini
    ✭✭
    My favorite activity in ESO has always been BG's. But not during these BG events. They are terrible. I've never NOT played BG's as much as when they have these events.
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Vizzini wrote: »
    My favorite activity in ESO has always been BG's. But not during these BG events. They are terrible. I've never NOT played BG's as much as when they have these events.

I think it's just because people that play BGs are pigeonholed into playing a game mode they don't want instead of allowing them to OPT-IN to the event.

Kind of like how we have the normal PvE events. They give you a nice notification / banner when you log in. You don't HAVE to participate but just letting you know that you can. Whereas with the BG, you see the notification and that's the ONLY thing you can do...I didn't realize it before but definitely a disconnect here with implementation between PvE and PvP.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Vizzini wrote: »

I think it's just because people that play BGs are pigeonholed into playing a game mode they don't want instead of allowing them to OPT-IN to the event.

Kind of like how we have the normal PvE events. They give you a nice notification / banner when you log in. You don't HAVE to participate but just letting you know that you can. Whereas with the BG, you see the notification and that's the ONLY thing you can do...I didn't realize it before but definitely a disconnect here with implementation between PvE and PvP.

zos just seems absolutely against splitting the BG past a single queue lol

whether its dm-only + random, or in this case event + random
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. Yeah, it's unfortunate, but I wish they actually kept trying (testing) new things instead of giving up completely by saying, "...it is what it is, so we're going to keep it like this going forward."
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battleground is a joke.

And a bad joke as that.