The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Blacksap's Hold: Maeroth -- still not spawning post patch.

chough_ESO
Patch notes say "The Blacksap's Hold: Maeroth will now always appear in the prison if you take the other quest from Elden Root."

He still isn't spawning for me.
  • kungfutse
    kungfutse
    Same here. Forinor(?) came to me in Elden Root and after using the portal, Maeroth was nowhere to be found. I tried multiple times with relogs. Finally I abandoned the quest, traveled to Cormount and when Forinor gave me the quest there, Maeroth spawned to the prison.
    Edited by kungfutse on April 23, 2014 9:33PM
    Options
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. The quest hint says to enter the portal in corumont. It's just north of elden root and it works normally there.
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the quest and meet him at Cormount NOT at Elden Root. Then it'll work.
    Options
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    Thanks for the tip - also tried twice tonight from Elden Root and Maeroth not spawning. Might be better if they remove Forinor from that spot in Elden Root or have him point to Corumont instead of opening the portal.
    Options
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is broken for me. I can't even enter the portal in Cormount.
    Options
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    If you've already picked it up at Elden Root - abandon the quest and go to Cormount. Walk around and Forinor should pop up to talk to you then the portal at Cormount should work for you.
    Options
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    Had the same problem, and couldn't pick up the quest at Cormount until *after* I had abandoned the quest I had picked up at Elden Root. After abandoning the quest, Forinor spawned on the bridge at Cormount, then it worked.
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a different problem. I've done the quest just fine....and am at the end where Forinor spawns a portal for you to go talk to Maeroth....but I can't click on the portal.
    Nothing works, either. I've tried /reloadui, logging out of the game entirely and closing the patcher...watched a funny video or three on YouTube, came back about twenty minutes later and still can't click on the portal.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • Thepal
    Thepal
    ✭✭
    I had the problem where I couldn't click on that portal and found a thread somewhere else where someone said they could click on it if they mounted their horse. And strangely enough, it worked (it seems you need to be looking down at the portal). So anyone with that issue might want to try that.
    Options
  • hfwilliams1ub17_ESO
    Thepal is right. This is a strange bug. I had even quit and came back to it the next day and that didn't work. Only after mounting my horse could I open the portal.
    Makes you wonder what would someone without a horse do?
    Options