The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Annoying and frustrating

Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I played against a casual round of ToT and it was probably the most frustrating game I've had so far.

I picked decks 1 & 4... Rahjin was one of the decks I selected.

From the get-go my opponent hit me with Bewilderment every turn - it was the first thing they would do before even thinking about any other cards. They pretty much finished their turn in about 20 seconds. From their second turn, they then started waiting out the timer - hit me with Bewilderment and then wait until the 90 seconds was up. After a few turns I whispered them, calling them out on this and they then ended up playing the remainder of the match with some degree of normality. They never responded to my whisper.

Firstly, why do people do this? Just in general, I guess. I know it's just life that some people really couldn't care less about others, but we're playing a game here and we're generally all playing to have a bit of fun, yeah? You could be having the crappiest of times so you log into ESO to escape from all of that,. Unfortunately you encounter someone who has no idea who you are but it's their number one goal just to make things harder for you.

Then today, I thought to myself... there is no rule to say you can't spam Bewilderment... we are all given 90 seconds each round to do what we have to do. They never sent me any kind of hate whispers, so did they really do anything wrong?

Any thoughts?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bewilderment is definitely becoming the "bad manners" thing in TOT. Had a number of game where it is the opponents last turn and they Bewilderment me. Why have negative emotes when we can press the Rajinn button?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I select Orgnum if anybody selects Rajinn
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did this to punish you for choosing a very unliked and annoying deck.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bewilderment is definitely becoming the "bad manners" thing in TOT. Had a number of game where it is the opponents last turn and they Bewilderment me. Why have negative emotes when we can press the Rajinn button?

One bewilderment at the end is still better than waiting entirely too long constantly imo. I hate the stallers and spammers.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 18, 2022 7:21PM
  • reddog1948
    reddog1948
    ✭✭
    I think I may have hit the all-time record for consecutive non-ranked games lost. When the game first came out I'd win often enough to know that if I lost, it was my understanding and learning the game that was the problem. Lately, every player picks one of the 2 high-end card decks, then proceeds to wipe me (50 or 70 to single digit often the score.) Often displaying cards that show they have completed all of the leads for a specific deck.

I win virtually all of the NPC Expert games - which I understand does not mean much.

IMHO Unranked should be players who are still lower level and progressing, not top-level players looking for an easy win.

It is my understanding, that deck leads are only potentially granted when PVP games are won - at least I have not gotten a lead since my last PVP win -- over 50 games ago, but have gone up 2 levels.

It feels like an exploit to me.
    my 2 1/2 cents worth.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reddog1948 wrote: »
    IMHO Unranked should be players who are still lower level and progressing, not top-level players looking for an easy win.

Anyone choosing Casual looking for an easy win will have a rude awakening because there are some very good players there.

There are a lot of reasons someone may choose Casual over Ranked. The times I chose to play Casual it was because I wanted to get better at decks I wasn't proficient at without risking my progress in Ranked. But stressing over reaching Rubedite every season is having a negative effect on me so I am going to start playing Casual and stop playing Ranked next season so I can just enjoy the game with no pressure.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 21, 2022 2:00AM
    PCNA
  • Skvysh
    Skvysh
    ✭✭✭
    It is my understanding, that deck leads are only potentially granted when PVP games are won - at least I have not gotten a lead since my last PVP win -- over 50 games ago, but have gone up 2 levels.

By "deck leads", I assume you mean card clues? They come from reward coffers, regardless of their quality - you could be losing every game and still have a (very small) chance to roll a clue. The assumption is that the higher quality the reward bag is, the higher the odds are (though we have no way of proving that other than anecdotal experience).

Blame ZOS for adding a PvP daily quest that requires victories and is tied to an achievement. And for not having some balanced matchmaking when it comes to unranked games (i.e. at least trying to match players of the same roister club rank first).

As an example, my brother recently tried out ToT on PS4 - after doing the intro quest and 3 PvE matches for the daily quest, he went into a casual PvP one, immediately getting matched against a guy who already has Red-Eagle deck (and, therefore, has reached max rank in the roister club). There's no chance in hell that they were the only two players looking for a match and so the system paired them together. Can't blame the other guy, though - he had no idea this would happen either.