The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

XP gain rate bugged?

Nexerous
Nexerous
✭✭
So, I had both a 100% scroll active, plus the boost from the event. And after noticing a significant increase in XP gains, I noticed that it started to drop significantly after a while. Has anyone experienced this before? Image for context. I was turning in a master craft writ with the boosts on. I was originally getting around 100k when I first started using the boosts. r91foyoaqcj6.png

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could have had enlightenment at first, which increases your XP gain multiplicatively by 4 times for a certain amount of xp gained. Once you use up your enlightenment, you will gain more 24 hours from the last time you gained it.

The other xp bonuses are all additive with each other.

With a 100% xp scroll + the 100% witches buff on a level 50 character (CP irrelevant), you'll get just under 34k xp from a consumable master writ (alchemy, enchanting, provisioning) and just over 50k from a gear master writ (blacksmithing, clothing, jewelrycrafting, woodworking).

Lower level characters earn less xp:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling

They also earn less gold, which would explain the 332 gold reward. A max level character would have earned a base of 377 gold for that consumable writ you turned in.

ETA: On the other hand, characters under level 50 don't benefit from enlightenment, so that doesn't explain a drop in writs turned in on that same character. Were you doing writs on characters of different levels?

It isn't possible to get 100k xp for a master writ even on a max level character with all possible xp buffs except if you have enlightenment. Knowing the exact number could help determine what's going on.
    Edited by virtus753 on October 21, 2022 4:24AM
  • Nexerous
    Nexerous
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    You could have had enlightenment at first, which increases your XP gain multiplicatively by 4 times for a certain amount of xp gained. Once you use up your enlightenment, you will gain more 24 hours from the last time you gained it.

The other xp bonuses are all additive with each other.

With a 100% xp scroll + the 100% witches buff on a level 50 character (CP irrelevant), you'll get just under 34k xp from a consumable master writ (alchemy, enchanting, provisioning) and just over 50k from a gear master writ (blacksmithing, clothing, jewelrycrafting, woodworking).

Lower level characters earn less xp:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Leveling

They also earn less gold, which would explain the 332 gold reward. A max level character would have earned a base of 377 gold for that consumable writ you turned in.

ETA: On the other hand, characters under level 50 don't benefit from enlightenment, so that doesn't explain a drop in writs turned in on that same character. Were you doing writs on characters of different levels?

It isn't possible to get 100k xp for a master writ even on a max level character with all possible xp buffs except if you have enlightenment. Knowing the exact number could help determine what's going on.

Oh, I see. I didn't know that.