Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Not played since markath. I do not understand all the changes made. Looking for multiple answers.

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I am not looking for massive paragraphs of info I just have questions I cant really find the basic answers to so basic simple answers will suffice, unless of course you like typing, like I do.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of the questions.

CP and max CP:
It is 3600 but I have heard that there is now CP checks for content as in you cannot even enter the content until you are X CP, is this correct?
If so what is the first CP check content and atm in the game what is the highest CP check content?
How advanced in damage, at least in just PvE is eg a 1200 CP compared to a 3600 CP player? using Equal gear/skill and abilities.

Daily dungeons and rewards:
I have heard the RNG key for shoulders is gone and there is some sort of system that where you can get what piece you actually want. Is this correct? could you explain briefly how it works now please.
Can we now queue for daily randoms based upon DLC or base game dungeons, or even higher skill DLC dungeons rather than easy ones?

Trials:
Is there any sort of trial queue now?
Is there still a required X meta for every role and CP use or is there now room for more free builds? (after hybrid and CP changes)
If meta, what is current required tank meta gear and where is it from? (I am/was a tank main)

Sticker book:
Is there a way to easily get what items we need for sticker book rather than it all being RNG?
(Someone told me now only pieces you do not have in sticker book drop for you, but I am unsure how truthful this is)
Have they allowed dungeon or trial gear to be sold to people not in the group, or in traders?

Companions:
In which way can a companion benefit us?
Can a companion fight for us in dungeons or trials?

Card game:
What is it?
How do you collect cards?
What is the benefit from it? other than an extra mini game. Scrying dropped cosmetics and mythics.

I am sure there are more questions I would need answering, just I cannot think of any. So if you can think of any of the new content or changes since markath that has changed how the game functions and would like to share info I would be appreciated.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 16, 2022 1:30PM
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min CP is still enforced by the players, not ZOS.

The undaunted quest givers are now also vendors and trade the keys for boxes that contain a shoulder from one of 2 sets, in any weight cless, so it's still RNG but easier to get what you want, especially with the number of dungeons/sets always increasing.

For the sticker book: Once you have an item (say helmet) in the sticker book, RNG will drop the other gear slots first (unless it's a fixed helmet drop)

Companions can stand in for a player in dungeons (not trials) when soloing the extra dps, heals and buffs can actually be helpful, otherwise it's better than nothing. They cannot pull levers or stand on plates for group mechanics.

The card game provides treasure and furnishing for winning, otherwise it's just a way to spend time in game, other than decorating your house or dressing up your companions. Doing dailies my provide leads to improved cards, other decks (game is played by a mix of 4 decks, each player choses 2, you start with 4 unlocked, 4 more can be unlocked with certain achievements.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only CP check I remember is still 300cp for vet dlc dungeons I believe that was for ages already.

1200 and 1500 CP is not much different already, flexibility makes all the difference. 3600 player is even more flexible with ability to choose more stuff he'll eventually/never use.

You probably meant undaunted pledges for shoulders, not daily random. It's still the same but each pledge gives have coffers now according to the dungeon packs so you have to be less reliant on rng spending more keys as a payment. Also Cyrodiil golden vendor still exists if you want to spend gold or AP.

Random queue is still random, as it serves to fill groups. Same normal or vet check.

No trial finder. Build diversity is probably worse now precisely because CP and hybridisation. Doesn't really matter if not going for high end progression, old setups working just fine for a lot of stuff, if maximum efficiency isn't your thing.

We have curated drops now, meaning that after defeating delve, dungeon etc. bosses we're getting pieces that we didn't had before until the book is filled. Doesn't work on all the sources like coffers or random mob drops but still way better than before for collecting.

Dungeon and trial gear is still bound and tradeable only inside the group.

Companion can be with you in dungeons or trials, if there's player left, you're solo or you're agreed that someone would use theirs instead someone absent. If it's random dungeon finder or in trial with other players better don't if that's not a healer or a DD. And still they're able to reset the fights I believe if dodged too far which they definitely can do with their npc's AI.

Card game is HI chapter feature which you'll need to play it in a first place. The benefit seems to be unique furnishing pieces, some mats and motifs if I remember it correctly.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toanis wrote: »
    For the sticker book: Once you have an item (say helmet) in the sticker book, RNG will drop the other gear slots first (unless it's a fixed helmet drop)

So does this work with overland sets too? What about items that used to only drop via certain overland events, like iirc rings dropped from domlens and necklaces dropped from world bosses. Or does those all count as fixed drops?
    Edited by Stinkyremy on October 16, 2022 7:50AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some answers in italics.
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I am not looking for massive paragraphs of info I just have questions I cant really find the basic answers to so basic simple answers will suffice, unless of course you like typing, like I do.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of the questions.

CP and max CP:
    It is 3600 but I have heard that there is now CP checks for content as in you cannot even enter the content until you are X CP, is this correct?
    If so what is the first CP check content and atm in the game what is the highest CP check content?
    How advanced in damage, at least in just PvE is eg a 1200 CP compared to a 3600 CP player? using Equal gear/skill and abilities.

1200 is pretty close to 1800. 1800 is very close to 3600.

Note that you can only spend 600 CP on slottable stars. The rest can only be spent in areas that do not require slotting.

Daily dungeons and rewards:
    I have heard the RNG key for shoulders is gone and there is some sort of system that where you can get what piece you actually want. Is this correct? could you explain briefly how it works now please.

The new system is an addition, not a replacement. For 5x the cost, you can guarantee that the shoulders come from a particular pair of dungeons. Within 6 possibilities there's still RNG.

Can we now queue for daily randoms based upon DLC or base game dungeons, or even higher skill DLC dungeons rather than easy ones?

No, to many people's ongoing dismay.

Trials:
    Is there any sort of trial queue now?
    Is there still a required X meta for every role and CP use or is there now room for more free builds? (after hybrid and CP changes)
    If meta, what is current required tank meta gear and where is it from? (I am/was a tank main)

Sticker book:
    Is there a way to easily get what items we need for sticker book rather than it all being RNG?
    (Someone told me now only pieces you do not have in sticker book drop for you, but I am unsure how truthful this is)

It's true with respect to boss drops, for the most part, but not with respect to chests or quest rewards.

Have they allowed dungeon or trial gear to be sold to people not in the group, or in traders?

No.

Companions:
    In which way can a companion benefit us?
    Can a companion fight for us in dungeons or trials?

Yes, but instead of a human player rather than in addition too. For example, two players and their companions can do a dungeon.

Card game:
    What is it?
    How do you collect cards?
    What is the benefit from it? other than an extra mini game. Scrying dropped cosmetics and mythics.

It's called Tales of Tribute. If you go to Gonfalon Bay, the main city of the High Isle expansion, head to the dock area from the wayshrine. Or just talk to the woman, Sorinne, who yells about it in Vivec City.

Reward containers have quite a few otherwise expensive mats in them.

You can play without ever "collecting cards".

I am sure there are more questions I would need answering, just I cannot think of any. So if you can think of any of the new content or changes since markath that has changed how the game functions and would like to share info I would be appreciated.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the above, there is of course the vendor The Golden who sells very limited amounts of dungeon gear in PvP base zones each weekend. (The town with the crafting areas and bank, not the town with the quest boards.)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So does this work with overland sets too? What about items that used to only drop via certain overland events, like iirc rings dropped from domlens and necklaces dropped from world bosses. Or does those all count as fixed drops?

Boss and dolmen drops will try to give you something that you've never bound yet.

Other limitations still apply.

Also, some bosses sometimes still give "named drops", irrespective of whether you have that item already.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the above, there is of course the vendor The Golden who sells very limited amounts of dungeon gear in PvP base zones each weekend. (The town with the crafting areas and bank, not the town with the quest boards.)

Appreciate it but I mean the golden isn't new. Neither is named "unique" named gear drops I'm not brand new at the game, just not played since markath.

FYI, beta player, did cadwells silver on PC then dropped the game before craglorn release as content was weak.
    Picked it up in 2016 on PS4 after 1T, played solid for years. Dropped it shortly before murkmire released. Picked it up again with greymoor and did all previous content since murkmire, did markath and dropped it again as all there was left for me to do is rinse repeat trails, dungeons and PvP.
    Now there is a ton more content so looking to get back in.
    CP 2.0 is brand new to me, sticker book just released when I dropped the game so there are changes to RNG as well as a ton of new content and changes.

Damn I am just slightly under 1000 CP too, I know I will get to 1200 at least by the time I use my enlightenment but it's a bit demoralising as by the looks of it 1600 is the base level one needs to be able to tackle the more recent DLC content.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drop location hasn't changed, A delve boss will drop belt or boots from one of the 3 item sets. When you already have all but one of those 6 items, you are guaranteed to get the missing one.

Treasure chests are still completely RNG, and quest rewards are obviously fixed (a named helmet from a quest reward, still unlocks the helmet for its set.)
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one CP requirement in this game which is being 300 CP or more for queueing veteran DLC dungeons. Other CP requirements are set by players and not by the game itself.

I would say you can easily do veteran base game dungeons and some other DLC ones with just 300 CP and on the other hand getting to 1020 CP which allows you to slot all important passives and four slotted stars for Warfare tree is enough to clear every content in my opinion. So yes this is probably the highest virtual CP check in the game if you ask me.

Champion Point system has a vertical progression to some extend. Which means unlocking all passive abilities and unlocking for slotted stars fully. This progression ends at 1560 CP for Warfare tree and 1602 CP for Fitness tree. For Fitness tree you actually do not need to unlock all passives at all and most of them are very negligible in terms of damage output and survivability.

Nowadays each DLC has their five Undaunted key costing coffers which you can buy from the pledge givers, and these boxes have possible six drops. Three possible monster shoulder from one dungeon and three from other dungeon that is associated with the DLC itself. So there is still randomness but less degree compared to past.

Queueing for random normal or veteran content covers all dungeons that your character have access to so you can not queue specific pool of dungeons and get random normal or veteran rewards. You can reduce the pool of dungeons with a low level in the group though.

Trial queue is not implemented yet.

There is always meta for each role of course. You can also clear the content in non meta gear but as you progress towards hardest achievements you need meta gear for maximum possible damage output and smoothness of the raid or dungeon run.

Nowadays most of the raid groups are running medium armor on their damage dealer players, which brings some penetration issues to the group. Some groups uses Crimson Oath's Rive set paired with Tremorscale Monster set for tank. Some groups on the other hand, puts Roar of Alkosh on damage dealer and do not use any other penetration set. For meta sets Pearlescent Ward, Claw of Yolnahkriin and Saxhleel Champion is must have tank sets if you ask me. Pearlescent Ward is from Dreadsail Reef, Claw of Yolnahkriin is from Sunspire and Saxhleel Champion is from Rockgrove trial. Some other good to have sets are Vestment of Olorime from Cloudrest and Powerful Assault and Turning Tide which comes from Shipwright's Regret dungeon.

The item drops you get from bosses in content are now curated, which means you will always get the missing piece based on your stickerbook progress. The curated loot is based on the loot table of the bosses though. This means you can not get weapon piece from first boss in a dungeon.

Companions do not have any benefit in veteran content and they can not replace any player in any veteran content. On the other hand you can make them heal you or tank the bosses in overland content. In my opinion their damage is so low that making them healers and tanks is much more benefitable for player. Personally never used them after getting all
    achievements related to them though.

Tales of Tribute is the card game they implemented back in High Isle update. You collect cards by opening the reward coffers which can only be acquired through playing the game and doing daily quests related to playing the game. Those card upgrades does not bring any power to any player at the start of the game since Tales of Tribute is a deck building game. Which means everybody has equal chance to acquiring them during the game.

You get mostly transmute crystal and crafting materials related to housing and some other raw materials. This card game has no leads or mythic item tied to it. It is just a mini game with some rewards that you can acquire in any guild store, except transmute crystals. It has its own competitive leaderboard which has more transmute rewards but since this is competitive if you lose the game you lose points.
    Edited by Treeshka on October 17, 2022 7:54AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Appreciate it but I mean the golden isn't new. Neither is named "unique" named gear drops I'm not brand new at the game, just not played since markath.

FYI, beta player, did cadwells silver on PC then dropped the game before craglorn release as content was weak.
    Picked it up in 2016 on PS4 after 1T, played solid for years. Dropped it shortly before murkmire released. Picked it up again with greymoor and did all previous content since murkmire, did markath and dropped it again as all there was left for me to do is rinse repeat trails, dungeons and PvP.
    Now there is a ton more content so looking to get back in.
    CP 2.0 is brand new to me, sticker book just released when I dropped the game so there are changes to RNG as well as a ton of new content and changes.

Damn I am just slightly under 1000 CP too, I know I will get to 1200 at least by the time I use my enlightenment but it's a bit demoralising as by the looks of it 1600 is the base level one needs to be able to tackle the more recent DLC content.

Well, then I'll leave you to posters more helpful than myself, such as the one who corrected my brain cramp by mentioning the transmute crystals in the ToT rewards.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drop location hasn't changed, A delve boss will drop belt or boots from one of the 3 item sets. When you already have all but one of those 6 items, you are guaranteed to get the missing one.

Treasure chests are still completely RNG, and quest rewards are obviously fixed (a named helmet from a quest reward, still unlocks the helmet for its set.)

Sweet.
    I just seen a vid that called it "curated loot drops" and the tl;dr version was that only bosses or fixed locations drop curated loot, everything else is still RNG.
    Still better than nothing and at least knowing that I can go and only have to do 6 world bosses or delve bosses or dolmens in one zone, content that I have done 100s of times, instead of having to farm it all for RNG is actually very pleasing to hear.
    When I get to the point that filling the stickerbook is important (most likely after I do all new content as I am a completionist) it would most likely be at teh point where I can farm everything easy and anything I do not have I can find in trader for just a few 100 gold.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's plenty, you don't need some mandatory number to go there, 300 is enough to enter and 600-1000 range is enough of a powerup as you're close to be done with your vertical progression anyway. The only thing you need is personal skill and more/less solid build to have good success, at any CP.

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »

Thanks, really full answered every question and more.
    I guess I would leave the card game until last. I gather there would be more stuff to scry and excavate as well as I still had things to find when I stopped playing. That mini game was an Ok time sink but had decent rewards tied to it.
    I dont mind playing mini games but generally they are just a time sink and by the time I would get around to doing them in ESO I would probably be ready to drop the game again and wait for more content.
    I still have tons of group content, achievement and stickerbook, plus the newest solo arena.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mythic gear was released with Blackwood chapter and may be a new aspect for you. It is obtained by finding antiquity leads and digging up five antiquities to complete a gear piece; only one mythic gear piece can be equipped at a time.

Current mythic gear available: https://eso-hub.com/en/sets/category/mythic
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    Mythic gear was released with Blackwood chapter and may be a new aspect for you. It is obtained by finding antiquity leads and digging up five antiquities to complete a gear piece; only one mythic gear piece can be equipped at a time.

Mythics were in greymoor, though I think each new zone since then has added more mythics tio scry and excavate.
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »

Mythics were in greymoor, though I think each new zone since then has added more mythics tio scry and excavate.

Apologies, I thought mythic gear was added with Blackwood.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    Ouf left the game in around the very same time, was quite inactive a little before as well and yeah everythings different now. Glad to see some changes tho
    Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"