Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is the maximum amount of time that you would want to spend to farm and get one lead?

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what the source of the lead is, if its something I have no interest in doing, then I just won't bother with the lead, no matter how great the item supposedly is.

I would rather they added a new gold sink and just let you buy the leads for the stuff you want, you can still go and try your luck with RNG if you feel like it but for those of us that don't want to waste are limited time, let us pay something like a couple hundred thousand gold to get the gold lead we want to do and be done with it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-6 hours at max, ideally 0 hours.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I really want a lead, I'll go farm it for a short time when I log in and if it does not drop soon - like 15min-ish or one run of whatever drops it - I go doing more interesting things and try again next day. I don't know if it actually helps but at least it avoids some of the boredom.
    Edited by rpa on October 18, 2022 7:55AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 hour.

ESO is a game I play to relax and get fun only. I prefer to give up on an item rather than wasting my ESO playing time into doing something I don't like. So, in short, if a lead would require an action I don't like to perform, I would ignore it and do something else instead.

Side note: my laziness is a powerful protector against grinding. o:)
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0 minutes. I refuse to waste anymore time "farming" leads.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean I spent about 17 in game hrs for the harpooners lead in shadowfen. I will never do that again. It was... Excruciating. Unfortunately as bis gear it was pretty much mandatory for my raid teams sooo..
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did players a great service when they added curated loot for gear drops, then around the same time, they cranked up the grind on non curated antiquity leads. The RNG grind didn't really go away. It just got shifted to a different area of the game while players were distracted with the shiny new curated loot system.

Please find out why things like the watchling lead exist in their current form. There was a MASSIVE breakdown somewhere in the development process when sourcing that lead. It has a ridiculously low drop rate on a mob that essentially only spawns in one place and drops loot at a lower rate than standard mobs. Someone dropped the ball on that one due to misunderstanding, miscommunication or adding an extra zero somewhere. If that sourcing and current drop rate were actually intended and fully thought out originally with no mistakes, I shudder to think what grinds are ahead of us.