Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why not give us it aaaaaaaall?

Gruumsh1
Gruumsh1
✭✭✭✭
Hello ZOS.

Why can't we house builders just get all of your building blocks? Every little building block you use to construct things. Every tile, every rug, every wooden plank.

Okay, too many small things take up space on the server, I understand, but things like the stone ring at the gate to Bouldertree Refuge. It's identical to the Markarth platform except for colours. Why can't we just get things like this?

Cheers and cheerio!
Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to recolor furnishings.
    PCNA
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have read how the process of adding things for houses takes place, then you know that they take texture from a world that has no volume, "bottom", one or more sides. Designers refine it and actually create a new model of the subject. Each new piece of furniture increases the load, so both the mill and the stone will have approximately the same weight and load on the server. they can give us individual bricks, but by building a house out of them, you will drop the entire server, because the weight of this shed of yours will be higher than that of the entire scroll world
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »
    If you have read how the process of adding things for houses takes place, then you know that they take texture from a world that has no volume, "bottom", one or more sides. Designers refine it and actually create a new model of the subject. Each new piece of furniture increases the load, so both the mill and the stone will have approximately the same weight and load on the server. they can give us individual bricks, but by building a house out of them, you will drop the entire server, because the weight of this shed of yours will be higher than that of the entire scroll world

While my bricks descriptive was more a tongue-in-cheek ambiguous plea not an exact requirement, the number of items in all houses on the server is fixed anyway so I can't see how it matters. If you need to build your shed of 700 bricks you can. You just won't get anything else in your house. Basically, give us more options for building. We'll make do with whatever when the time comes.

Racial packs of building furnishings would great. A Nord door, a Nord wall type, a Nord door frame but a style for each race to match that output. Imagine the possibilities! It's just all so disjointed atm. Sure, you can put the only Nord Door and frame into a Khajiit wall but it looks meh (these are just an example BTW).

Anyhoo, cheers and cheerio.
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gruumsh1 wrote: »
    LikiLoki wrote: »

While my bricks descriptive was more a tongue-in-cheek ambiguous plea not an exact requirement, the number of items in all houses on the server is fixed anyway so I can't see how it matters. If you need to build your shed of 700 bricks you can. You just won't get anything else in your house. Basically, give us more options for building. We'll make do with whatever when the time comes.

Racial packs of building furnishings would great. A Nord door, a Nord wall type, a Nord door frame but a style for each race to match that output. Imagine the possibilities! It's just all so disjointed atm. Sure, you can put the only Nord Door and frame into a Khajiit wall but it looks meh (these are just an example BTW).

Anyhoo, cheers and cheerio.

My first guess is that they do not build things out in blocks. The size of each section they create in building an actual home is likely not very conducive to a player building their own home. As they do give us some building materials and "homes" that are void of construction, it would seem my assumption is close to the mark. I could be wrong since I do not work for Zenimax.